• Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 8:20 AM - 10:20 AM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT PPCC Annual Reception

The Packers Partners Annual Reception is set for Thursday, July 31, 2014 in the Lambeau Field Atrium from 4:00 PM- 7:00 PM.

Packers Jarrett Boykin, Eddie Lacy, Datone Jones and DuJuan Harris will appear at the reception. The event will include a Player Guest Q&A, a Meet & Greet with a Packers Alumni and a Raffle Drawing.

This is a member’s only event. Invitations will be mailed the week of June 23rd, and online registration will open at 9 am CDT on June 25th and will close on July 11th at 5 pm CDT.

Invitations will include all of this information and additional details.

To sign up to become a member of the Packers Partners Club of Champions and receive an invitation to the reception, fans can go to www.packers.com/ppcc.

• Fri., Aug. 01, 2014 8:20 AM - 10:20 AM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Fri., Aug. 01, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Sat., Aug. 02, 2014 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.

Readers may express their opinions

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on March 31, 2011 – 3:34 pm

I love the idea of our readers being able to express their opinions and now they can. Stories on packers.com are going to offer readers a form for expressing their opinion on the subject. For example, if you go to Thursday’s editorial previewing the running back class in the draft, at the bottom of the story you’ll see the question: What Do You Think? Your response to that question will appear at the bottom of the full story. We encourage spirited dialogue but, please, keep it clean. So, wadda ya think?

Posted in Vic Ketchman Blog | 63 Comments »

63 Responses to “Readers may express their opinions”

1. By Cali on Mar 31, 2011 | Reply

That’s awesome Vic. Anything to give the readers more ways to express themselves is cool. Now, can I have my own blog on here?? Cali’s blog.

2. By Cali on Mar 31, 2011 | Reply

Then BIG CHEESE can have his own blog, then Rob, Montana and so on. Every week or so a blogger from the site can have a chance to ask a question or give an opinion to be commented on. Is it even feasable?? Please respond.

3. By Cavi on Mar 31, 2011 | Reply

This is great, I love the idea of getting imput from your fans…They are the backbone of every good team spirit!!!

Cavi

4. By Mark Cashin on Mar 31, 2011 | Reply

Hi Vic, I was watching opening day of baseball between Giants and Dodgers.

The camera turned to long time Dodger announcer Vin Scully. Several times they looked at him, and behind him was a picture of a Green Bay Packer, number 39, no one picked up on it in the broadcast. I guess it was MacArtur Lane. Not sure, but what is the connection why that Picture is there.
    Mark

5. By realcaliforniacheese on Apr 1, 2011 | Reply

Nice video Cavi, but how could you put in the Madden cover, you trying to jinx us?

6. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 1, 2011 | Reply

In my opinion, that red color on the home page is wrong. We are about Green and Gold… Tramon Man…

7. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 2, 2011 | Reply

Gotta jump on board with Big Cheese..”.that red color on the home page is wrong.”

8. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

Cali: I called everyone from marketing in for the weekend and they came up with the following blog titles…free of charge!

Blog-it-CALI
    -or-
    Packerium: Cali, Cavi, Cashin

Yeah didn’t get much sleep last night…here’s to hoping the court date on April 6th brings some good news for Packer fans along with the chance to really work out the new stuff on Packers.com.

9. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

How about “Cussing with Cali” ?

10. By Cali on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

Cussing with Cali is a good one, but I doubt it would last long. The blog police would have my *** for sure. I gotta watch my mouth now if I want my opinions to be posted.

11. By Cali on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

I can’t believe my previous post is waiting moderation. I didn’t even cuss. Don’t tell me that poking fun at someones E.D is inappropiate. I guess the people who run this site must have problems with their “performance”.

12. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know why they would sensor something about Educational Dysfunction Cali, makes no sense to me ? ?

13. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

Big Cheese had posted earlier “In my opinion, that red color on the home page is wrong. We are about Green and Gold… ” and I had to agree. After catching up on the “Ask Vic” columns It has dawned on me what really bothers me about the red on the home page. That big pool of red is way too AFC. If you are looking for a little extra color how about the conference alternative. Using Vic’s words here, “Well, now I’m gonna trade red lettering for blue lettering.”

14. By Cali on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

Educational Dysfuction?? Is that what you old people call it?? I understand though, the older you get, the less you know. Now, about the red on the homepage. Whoever made that mistake needs to fix it. This ain’t the AFC. GREEN & GOLD!!!!

15. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 3, 2011 | Reply

Cali, I’ll forgive you about the old age thing since this is a blog about “opinions” , but in your case keep in mind that we accumulate our opinions at an age when our understanding is at its weakest…GO GREEN AND GOLD BABY ! ! !

16. By Dan on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

Please come back to the Jaguars. We miss you. Oehser sucks!

17. By Cali on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

I’m glad you forgive me BIG CHEESE. But now to football talk. I got a question for ya. Do you think they should have a draft this year despite the chance of no football? Personally, I think they should hold out ’till next years draft & stay in school another year. The only thing is what about the seniors who planned to go through the draft? What’s your take on this whole dibacle BIG CHEESE??

18. By Cali on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

Oh, and GREEN & GOLD FOREVER!!!!!!!

19. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

Cali, i have a very good feeling about this season kicking off as planned. The Owners and the Players realize they have too much to lose. The draft should, and will be conducted. It’s just hard to get excited about it with the way things seem to be in limbo. And these kids entering the draft, the last thing they want to do is go to school; most are there solely to play football with hopes of coming into the NFL. You might call it “Educational Dysfunction”….

20. By Cali on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

It’s a shame to see these kids go through school solely for the purpose of tryin’ to strike it rich in the NFL. As for the season kickin’ off as planned, I’m optimistic about it. I haven’t heard much on it lately, so I don’t know if there’s any talks goin’ on behind closed doors or not. I just hope they get this thing figured out soon. I want Packers football. I need Packers football.

21. By Cali on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

Oh, and how are your Sabres doin??

22. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 4, 2011 | Reply

The East is tight, going to come down to the last game i think, but the Sabs could land anywhere from 6,7, or 8, or even miss the playoffs all together. Gonna be exciting to watch this last week of regular season. S.J. looking good, should pass Detriot for the number 2 seed and possibly meet the Ducks in the first round. That would be an awesome series…

23. By Mark S on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

Hey Pack Faithful (is that right?). Avid Bronco fan here. Congrats on your superbowl victory!!!! WQanna know whats better? Back to Back Superbowl Championships. Gotta have a season though. Ive posted a letter wrote by another Bronco fan, in hopes of reaching across the entire NFL. As fans we are being ignored, while Millionaires and Billionares are fight ove more money!

Please submit a letter to your owner.

Dear Mr Bowlen,

This letter is meant to put me on record saying that as an avid Bronco fan of over 35 years, I find this current labor situation pathetic and a total disservice to the fans who are truly the ones getting the shaft in this players/owners squabble.

While not your fault directly it is an absolute necessity for the fans to send a message to you, the league and the players that this type of failure to communicate within yourselves, whether the fault of one side or the other, is an absolute joke considering the wealth and success of this business.

Combine that with the fact that this sillyness is happening during such catastrophic events all around the world such as the Japanese utterly destructive tsunami and resulting ongoing nuclear radiation releases in the air and the Pacific Ocean, the multiple wars that our U.S. forces are involved in dealing with this time bomb called the Middle East, topped off by a U.S. economy in such disarray that it has been affecting the majority of the fans who live paycheck to paycheck and who’s main concerns are over things like what will the cost of their next tank of gas be, makes all of this NFL impasse seem completely idiotic.

This is simply outrageous to say the least and I am willing to back up anyone who is willing to hit the league where it counts, in the pocket book. Nothing personal I assure you, but boycotting your product is all that’s left for the fans since you owners and players are incapable of realizing the abnormity of your actions, or lack thereof, on your own. At some point you all need a serious dose of reality and certainly a successful boycott of the league at large would achieve that.

No more NFL products of any kind for this big boy who has loads of stuff already anyway and no more getting into NFL stadiums, all that for at least one year, that’s the least I can do. And whatever other fans can do to minimize their supporting of the NFL this year will all make for a loud and clear message.

Everyone should pass on the NFL package this year, perfect time to send DIRECTV and the league a message that their cost is outrageous.

With all due respect I wish you good health and an eventual return to respectability for your franchise since it has taken some serious hits of late without even taking in account the no cba issue.

24. By Cali on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

As an avid Packers fan and general NFL fan period, I can’t stand the way this fiasco is being drawn out. You hit the nail in the head Mark S. We should all write to the owners of our prefered teams and tell we will not tolerate such childish non-sense from a bunch of spoiled, rich, winey adults acting like five year olds. Hell, my 8 yr. old acts more mature than those nit wits. And Mark S, thank you for showing much respect on our site, highly appreciated. And real quick, BIG CHEESE, do you follow baseball any??

25. By Dale H Decker on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

26. By realcaliforniacheese on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

I would suggest sending your comments to both the leauge and the players union (I’m sorry, the players professional organization.)

27. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

That does it, i absolutely refuse to buy any brats; and i’m also growing my hair long in protest of this lock out. And Cali, played and coached baseball, but not much of a spectator, too slow for me. If i have to pick a team tho, it’s the Yankees; Family thing.

28. By realcaliforniacheese on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

I agree BIG CHEESE, baseball is just to slow. its good if I want to have a beer and a dog and then take a nap. In the playoffs though, its, GO ANGELS.

I think the problem with other sports not measuring up to Football is that football is a very complex game that requires 22 people to know exactly what they and the other 21 people are supposed to be doing. it is a very physical chess match that changes with each play. the other sports are more about individual skill and it you only have a couple of really big play makers you can go very far. The biggest strategy in baseball is whether or not to leave the pitcher in.

29. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

Well said realcalicheese. Football is the greatest sport on earth; hockey, the greatest sport on ice. I lived in L.A. in the 80’s and used to attend Kings games. When the Sabres came to town there were twice as many Buffalo fans than there were Kings fans. Used to go to Angels and Dodgers games as well. Good time, but wouldn’t make it a habit. Football is most definately a “team” sport. A lot of components at work constantly. It’s a beautiful thing man.

30. By Cali on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

Ya, it’s a little slow. I was a HUGE fan as a kid, but things change. Gotta go with the A’s though. Damn Giants. Livin’ in Northern California, everybody is now a Giants fan. One world series and I’ll never hear the end of it. But if there is no football, what would you guys watch instead??

31. By Cali on Apr 5, 2011 | Reply

Amen BIG CHEESE, football is the GREATEST sport on earth. Hockey, not bad either. For me though, it goes: Football, (NFL & College), Basketball, Hockey, Nascar, then baseball, and NO WHERE is there soccer on my list. Agree or not, but SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! The world would be a better place if we replaced soccer with American Football!!!!

32. By realcaliforniacheese on Apr 6, 2011 | Reply

I guess I’ll watch bowling. I hear that will be on Sundays.

33. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 6, 2011 | Reply

…brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon beer…also the proud sponsor of competitive bull riding.

34. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 6, 2011 | Reply

PBR Wow, just kidding. Soccer is about as entertaining to me as curling. I’m a huge fan of high school football. It doesn’t get any more pure than that. All about guts, glory, and pride ! Usually do two games a weekend in the fall; friday night and saturday afternoon. My boys: The North Tonawanda Lumberjacks, 2009 New York State Champions. Haven’t missed a game in years.

35. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 6, 2011 | Reply

Does North Tonawanda still run the flexbone?

Pure happenstance that I have even heard of this offense. Was looking up some defensive history before the Super Bowl. While looking into Fritz Shurmur’s “Eagle Five” defense I ended up on the Jerry Campbell Football Forum and found it mentioned there by HS football coaches. The name stuck with me…

36. By Cali on Apr 6, 2011 | Reply

I can dig some bull riding. High school football is cool too. I guess if there is no football I’d have to actually spend my sundays outdoors. More time for fishin’, unless it rains. Then I guess it’s channel surfing all day.

37. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 6, 2011 | Reply

Those bull riders are amongst the original adrenaline junkies!

Not ashamed to say I have missed a game or two while bird hunting/four wheeling in the fall. We always try to make it back to listen on the radio, just doesn’t always happen. As for radio, a Packer game at deer camp or while plowing snow will always hold a special place in my heart. In my own selfish way a shortened season is OK as a worst case scenario.

38. By Cali on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

Where do you usually go wheelin at Yooper?? Man, I’ll tell you what, I have the World famous Rubicon trail in my back yard. Gone wheelin’ with buddys and my dad a few times, Awesome!!! If you haven’t been, gotta try.

39. By Cali on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

I was blessed to be born & raised in the California Gold Country!! Placerville to be exact. Some of the best wheelin’ anywhere!!! Good times, good times!!!

40. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

Ahhh, Adrenaline Yes ! ! ! N. Tonawanda is famous for the triple option, they have been running it for years; and very effectively. They are also conditioning freaks, by the third quater the oponents have their hands on their hips and the Jacks are ready to roll…….

41. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

Cali: The Rubicon Trail for a backyard playground is a blessing. Honest to goodness Four Wheel Drive Mecca. I imagine old Jeeps sit around and talk about it with each other. It would be a treat to make it out there, although a lot of the mag photos show rigs that are way out of my price/passion range. Know some serious guys that have talked about making the trip for years.

I lucked out with the Upper Peninsula of Michigan as my home. Plenty of woodland trail riding and muddin’ to be found everywhere. Our geography has made the snowmobile king here, but I have always preferred my quad. Lucky to have a couple buddies that are trail gurus who will show the way from one beautiful spot to another and on…just love it here.

Big Cheese: Will have to see if there is some video out there of your Jacks. How young are the kids starting football over there? When are they first exposed to the triple option? Is the term flexbone accurate? I just have to imagine there is a long time head coach involved here somewhere…

42. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

Yooper – Definately a flexbone formation. NT’s Coach is Eric Jantzi. He’s been with the team for 11 seasons. The Jr. Jacks begin at age 8. Coaches teach a similar system that is used in the high school level for both offense and defense, and groom players through Freshman, J.V, and then on to Varsity. The offense attends the Indiana Option Camp each summer at Taylor University. The Jacks compete in Section 6 AA; the largest high schools in New York State. You can google the team and I’m sure you’ll find some video.

43. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 7, 2011 | Reply

Big Cheese: Just finished watching some video. Loads of fun there…hard to say from the amount of video I watched, but they seem to be comfortable passing the ball. Is that a modern thing…?

Up here we have a Wing T that is run by a son who developed that from his Dad’s Single Wing…dad still coaches at another area school…200 and 300 wins respectively…a great rivalry. Both teams have spent years moving back and forth from BB to B is now Div. 4 and 5

BTW…Kingsford Flivvers (son) and Menominee Maroons (dad)

44. By Cali on Apr 8, 2011 | Reply

I’ll tell you what Yoop. I’ve been on the trail in real p.o.s’s , and made it through. no prob. You don’t need a $30,000 rig to enjoy any trail. Now to some football, you guys lost me with whatever you’re talkin about, but, I heard that the NFLPA were in court to halt the owners from locking out the players. Do you guys think the courts will have a role in there being a season or will the two sides come to an agreement??

45. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 9, 2011 | Reply

Cali: The sad part is that there is no question that the courts will have a major part in all of this, real bummer when the players walked. Have every belief there will be a season even it is shortened or stocked with replacement players. From what I have gathered there are three, possibly four likely scenarios…

1. The judge orders the players and owners back to mediation: This seems to be the most rational course considering the rumors that a reasonable deal was close. Andrew Brandt had an excellent article on this…

2. The judge allows the owners to lockout the players: I would imagine a deal would come pretty quick here as a lot of players would began to really worry about a paycheck. If no deal is reached the owners can cancel the season or use replacement players.
    2A: A new, separate union could be formed outside the influence of current leadership.

3. The judge does not allow the owners to lock out the players: This is the haziest to me…the big issue here would be that players under contract are going to get payed. Seems like that would force ownership to accept the players terms or reinstate the old CBA. Just about guarantee this would give Los Angeles a team. Might also lead to the NFL being run like MLB…

I could be way off on these things and would love to be corrected if I am, but that is what I have figured so far…

46. By Cali on Apr 9, 2011 | Reply

Any one of those could play out Yooper. So, let’s say the season goes on as scheduled, BUT, the majority of the players are replacements, would you guys still be as interested in the season??

47. By Yooper Kuj on Apr 9, 2011 | Reply

As interested…no.

Thinking I could get myself hypnotized into believing the entire team was on injured reserve. After last year it doesn’t seem like it would be all that difficult of a thought to absorb.

Seriously, would still follow and might even attend a game or two. Just not sure how much I would actually watch otherwise? Still, there is potential for some good comedy and/or good football on a weekly basis. While I would still follow the Pack there is zero chance I would watch any other NFL games. As it is, not very likely they will ever get me locked in for Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays again…

48. By Cali on Apr 9, 2011 | Reply

The thing with last year is even though about half our team was on IR, we still had players like Matthews, Rodgers, Jennings, Raji. If they were to play replacements for a whole season, even part of the season, it would be difficult to really get into the games. Knowing the players we follow aren’t going to play would really turn me off to football, period. I follow the Pack as well as watch other teams, but watching a bunch of players come in from lesser football leagues would pretty much tune me out. Here in Sacramento we just got a team called the Mountain Lions, part of the new UFL. Talk about boring. Dante Cullpepper is our QB, Denzel Washingtons’ kid is the RB, and it really sucks. Watchin’ no name and washed up ex-NFL players does not get me interested at all. And if that was to happen in the NFL, I really doubt I’d watch any game. I love the PACKERS as much as everyone on here, but I also follow the players who play on our 13x, Superbowl XLV Championship team. So, we’ll have to see how it plays out.

49. By Vic Ketchman on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

Cali, you handled that the wrong way. Please, altert me so I can get that stuff off the site. Reacting to it only makes it worse; that’s what the guy wanted. Please, help me keep this comments section open for everyone that wants to enjoy respectful debate. If you wanna rip someone, rip me; just keep it clean, please.

50. By RWB on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

cali, is that a girls name?

51. By Vic Ketchman on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

That’s it, Cali, ignore him. Don’t let him drag you down. I got your back, Cali.

52. By Cali on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

Sorry Vic, but I took serious offense to what he had to say. I don’t run and tell when someone says somethin’ I don’t like. I’ll keep it cool headed and clean from now on. I can’t rip you for doin your job. And thank you for takin his post down. At least I brought some attention to the situation. I don’t care if you took my posts down. And RWB, your chick didn’t seem to care about names!!

53. By Cali on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

There, I kept it clean. Thanks for havin’ my back though Vic, you’re a cool dude. I’m glad there’s someone around to help keep things staight.

54. By Cali on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

While you’re around, I got a question. Do YOU think we’ll have a season this year??

55. By Vic Ketchman on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

56. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 12, 2011 | Reply

Oh dang, I’m gone a few days and miss all the fun. And Cali, Vic is right about not making fun of people who are mentally ill. You know, patients who do not follow the medications prescribed by their psychiatrist sometimes write and say inappropriate things. Give RWB (whatever that is) a break. Personally Cali, I think RWB has a secret crush on you……

57. By Cavi on Apr 13, 2011 | Reply

Realcalicheese…

Now that you say that I forgot all about the Madden Curse…lol I think A-rod may break the cycle tho…lol

58. By realcalicheese on Apr 13, 2011 | Reply

Cavi,

I know that it may be a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but do we really want to risk it? I’m voting for the other guy often. Although if he does win, I will have to by the game to go with my copy of brett.

59. By Cali on Apr 13, 2011 | Reply

Why are my posts bein’ takin’ down?? You’re takin’ all the fun outta being here.

60. By BIG CHEESE on Apr 13, 2011 | Reply

Man Cali, Vic really is going to have his hands full when the season starts, AND IT WILL START (ON TIME)….. He’ll need to ask for a pay increase due to the amount of time he’ll be spending policing this site if it’s anything like last season. Thank God for the NHL Playoffs ! ! ! gonna be great, and good luck to the Sharks.

61. By Vic Ketchman on Apr 13, 2011 | Reply

Come on, Cali, don’t play dumb. You know what you did with those food references. I’m really serious about this. I’m willing to give you a lot of room to run with opinion, but the verbiage must not be abusive. If you push the envelope, one day I’m gonna get the order to shut it down and I really don’t want that to happen.

62. By Cali on Apr 14, 2011 | Reply

Duuuuhhhh!!!!!!! Food references. I doubt a 10 year would know what I’m talkin about. Oh well, sorry for abusing the food groups. BIG CHEESE, I agree. Vic, have fun this upcomin’ season. Your coffee machine is goin’ to get a work out, that’s for sure. Thanks for the Sharks shout out to, BIG CHEESE!! I believe we”re playin’ the Kings in the first round. Did your Sabres make it in?? If so, what team do they have in the first??

63. By Cali on Apr 14, 2011 | Reply

All food references aside, you’re still cool Vic, but you will have your hands full this upcoming season. You weren’t here last season, so you have know idea what we deal with on here, especially from those pesky teddy bears fans. You’ll see. Police all you want, if I were you, I’d call for back up!! Rodger!!