• Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Paul Coffman appearance Paul Coffman is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health North Reach flu clinic on Wednesday, October 1, from 5-7 p.m., in Marinette, WI.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch)

TTZ: Mark Murphy
    Club Level: Greg Koch

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 7:25 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.) Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.)
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 10:45 PM - 11:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy, Rodgers press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium, following the Packers-Vikings matchup.
  • Tue., Oct. 07, 2014 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Jarrett Boykin appearance Jarrett Boykin is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health Algoma flu clinic on Tuesday, October 7, from 4-6 p.m., in Algoma, Wis.

Packers-Bears game chat transcript

Posted by Duke Bobber on September 25, 2011 – 10:40 pm

Click here to read the transcript from Sunday’s Packers-Bears game chat.

Posted in Vic Ketchman Blog | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Packers-Bears game chat transcript”

1. By Cali on Sep 26, 2011 | Reply

One comment

2. By John on Sep 26, 2011 | Reply

I was under the impression that when one of the recievers on a punt return called for a fair catch if another player fielded the ball the ball was dead at that point. I must have been mistaken?

3. By Larry Moore on Sep 26, 2011 | Reply

Hey Vic
    Concerning press conferences. I view Coach McCarthy as being very available, very professional, very controled during press conferences. He seems open and informative, and non-combative. Give us some insight as to how you see he; compare him to other coaches; rate his availablility etc. Thanks.

4. By Tyler Hartzheim on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

It seems to me that these past 3 games the packers have had serious problems with there secondary. And it was also apparent Peprah needed some new cleats. On a serious note, what is going on with the secondary and what in your mind should they do to prevent the over the middle passes? The secondary seems non exsitent

5. By Cali on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

What I saw was alot of blitzing. Maybe more than was necessary. I saw Matthews lined up with the D line nearly the whole game trying to blitz Cuitter. He’s a MLB!!! Line him up in the middle to help protect the middle. I saw the middle wide open before the snap even happened. If I can see that from my TV, why can’t the D coaches see it. I read something like 48 yards after the catch each game when thrown to the middle. Capers and the Linerbackers coach have got to fix that little problem. Other than that, GOOD GAME!! GO PACK GO!!

6. By BIG CHEESE on Sep 27, 2011 | Reply

Too many good perfornances by the Pack to mention. Loved the way Grant ran the ball, and Finley is simply amazing. Won’t give up on my hometown boy James Starks even tho he struggled Sunday, he’ll make an impact during the season and post season.

Thought for sure Ditka would be here discussing the game with us. Probably re-injured his knee slipping on a banana peel while getting off the bus again. Go Pack Go…

7. By Vic Ketchman on Sep 30, 2011 | Reply

@Larry Moore,
    All coaches are afraid of press conferences these days because the slightest mistake will result in a SportsCenter moment. Mike McCarthy works to answer questions in press conference settings, but I think we can all detect the hesitation. He’s one of the best one-on-one interviews of any coach I’ve ever covered, and that’s because he’s a regular guy who likes to talk football.

8. By Vic Ketchman on Sep 30, 2011 | Reply

@John,
    You are not mistaken. When a fair catch signal is given, the ball is dead where a teammate fields it.

9. By Jake on Oct 7, 2011 | Reply

@Cali – Matthews is not, and has never been a middle linebacker for the Packers.