• Sat., Apr. 19, 2014 12:30PM - 3:00PM CDT Tailgate Tour: Merrill party

The Green Bay Packers announced plans for the ninth ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,’ set for April 15-19. This year’s tour includes two stops in Michigan, in addition to three Wisconsin stops, to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.

Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Jarrett Bush, Brad Jones and Mason Crosby, and Packers alumni Paul Coffman, Lynn Dickey and James Lofton.

The tailgate parties will welcome the players and alumni arriving at each location at 6 p.m., and will run until 8:30 p.m., except in Merrill, where the tailgate party will take place from 12:30 to 3 p.m. A local non-profit organization will host each party which will feature food, giveaways, question-and-answer sessions and autographs. Tailgate party tickets cost $30.

General admission tickets also will be available for $5, which includes access to the Q-and-A sessions as well as tailgate party activities. Food and beverage will be available for purchase. Due to space limitations, no general admission tickets will be available in Ironwood.

One hundred percent of the Tailgate Tour proceeds will benefit the hosting organizations.

Tickets for the tailgate parties at all locations will go on sale Friday, Feb. 28. ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour’ tailgate party locations, hosting organizations and ticket information are as follows:

Merrill: MARC. To benefit Riverbend Trail. Tickets on sale at Merrill Chamber of Commerce, 705 N. Center Ave., Merrill; Dave’s County Market, 300 E. 1st St., Merrill; and Drew’s Piggly Wiggly, 3404 E. Main St., Merrill. Tickets also available online at www.merrillchamber.org.

• Sat., Apr. 26, 2014 8:00AM - 6:00PM CDT Packers Pro Shop Tent Sale

The sale is taking place earlier than in previous years, due to the construction at Lambeau Field and the work that the Pro Shop team must complete in preparation for the new store, which will open this summer. Visitors to Lambeau Field should enter the Atrium through the Oneida Nation Gate. Parking is available in the lot on Lambeau Field’s east side near the Oneida Nation Gate, which can be accessed off Oneida Street and Lombardi Avenue.

The sale will feature the traditional mix of Pro Shop items greatly reduced in price and other special purchases.

The team’s football operations staff also has provided Packers team apparel no longer in use, including a large assortment of t-shirts, shorts, jackets, jerseys and pants. Some items are practice-worn gear not normally available in the Pro Shop.

The tent sale began in 1994 in the parking lot outside the former Pro Shop on the north end of Lambeau Field and grew into a popular event. Now in its 11th year in the Atrium, the tent sale also was held in the west side stadium concourse in previous years.

• Sat., May. 10, 2014 7:00PM CDT Eddie Lacy appearance 22nd Annual Doug Jirschele Memorial Sports Award Banquet
  • Sat., Jun. 07, 2014 8:30AM - 3:30PM CDT JPP Kids Clinic

The 17th annual Junior Power Pack Kids Clinic is set for Saturday, June 7, 2014 in the Don Hutson Center with sessions ranging from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

The Junior Power Pack Clinic gives members ages 5-14 years old the opportunity to practice football skills and drills with other Packers backers and a few up-and-coming Packers players.  Parents/Guardians are welcome to come and watch their child/ren participate in the clinic.

Members may choose one of three sessions to attend:

• Session 1 – 8:30 to 10 a.m.
    • Session 2 – 11 to 12:30 p.m.
    • Session 3 – 2 to 3:30 p.m.

The event will be held inside the Don Hutson Center, the Packers indoor practice facility. Parking for the event is available in the lot on Lambeau Field’s east side near the Oneida Nation Gate.

The Junior Power Pack Clinic is a member’s only event and will have a registration fee of $5.

Deadline to register:

• New Members – May 11, 2014
    • Current Members – May 18, 2014

To sign up to become a member of the Junior Power Pack and receive an invitation to the clinic fans can go to www.packers.com/jpp.

• Sat., Jun. 14, 2014 2:30PM CDT Jerry Parins Cruise for Cancer

The eleventh annual Jerry Parins Cruise for Cancer motorcycle ride will be held, rain or shine, on Saturday, June 14, 2014. The ride will start at Vandervest Harley-Davidson (1966 Velp Avenue, Green Bay) and will make a fun-filled stop at the Seymour Fireman's Picnic, held at the Outagamie County Fairgrounds in Seymour.

Ride Day Schedule

• 9-10:30 am: Registration at Vandervest Harley-Davidson, Geen Bay
    • 11 am: Depart Vandervest Harley-Davidson, Green Bay
    • 12 pm: Arrive in Seymour. Enjoy food, beverages, entertainment and a short program.
    • 2:30 pm: Party kicks off at the new South Endzone Festival Foods MVP Deck at Lambeau Field! Guests can access the space by way of the Shopko Gate. See the field and enjoy the atmosphere from this beautiful indoor/outdoor space newly opened and accessed by very few. The party will include silent and live auction, food, beverages, music and merchandise available for purchase.

More information: http://cruiseforcancer.org/

Driver scores three 7′s with first dance

Posted by Mike Spofford on March 19, 2012 – 9:30 pm

WR Donald Driver made his debut on “Dancing with the Stars” Monday night on the show’s season premiere, and he and partner Peta Murgatroyd earned a 7 from each of the three judges for their “Cha-Cha.” Their total of 21 (of a maximum 30) tied for eighth place among the 12 couples after the first night’s dances. The top score was a 26, achieved by two pairs.

Driver earned praise from the judges for his talent and enthusiasm, but he may have shown a little too much of the latter. Two of the judges criticized him for being a little too over-exuberant, but they were nonetheless impressed with his moves and command on the dance floor. The judges expressed keen interest in seeing how Driver performs as the season progresses, sounding as though they expect him to become a more refined performer.

Driver and Murgatroyd will perform again next Monday, March 26, and Tuesday, March 27, when couples begin to get voted off and the competition narrows. Fans can cast their votes for Driver at abc.com.

Tags: , , ,

56 Responses to “Driver scores three 7′s with first dance”

1. By Kathie on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Yes Donald bring home that ball!!!!! You have the moves on the dance floor that you need and the moves on the field for football YOU’VE GOT THE MOVES!!!!!!

2. By Lisa on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Good job Donald,keep it up!:) PACKERS ROCK!!!!:))

3. By Kathie on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Come on Packer Fans VOTE VOTE VOTE It’s your Packer Duty

4. By Tommy D on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

I thought that Donald was amaizing. But I think he should have danced later. The scores were getting better later in the show and he was definately much better than Sherri Shepard. We need to protest against the judges and vote as much as possible for DD. He’s the man.

5. By Trisk Korth on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Driver has my support. Dance DONALD Dance

6. By JoAnn Muir on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

I voted on both telephone lines until they wouldn’t let me vote anymore. I am over enthused, too. I don’t even like the show. Never watch it, but if Donald Driver is on there, I watch it.

7. By Harleygrl on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Donald and Peta had the moves!! The score did not reflect how great they were. Bring it on home you two you were AWESOME!!

8. By JoAnn Muir on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

If everyone in Wisconsin votes for Donald, he will win.

9. By JoAnn Muir on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Lombardi trophy – disco trophy – we will take what we can get. Go Donald Go

10. By donna gargano on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Great moves Donald…only will get better each week,,,just like on the ball field! You go Donald, you rock!

11. By cathy on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

He got my 12 votes

12. By Lori Shehow on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Donald has all the right moves and he will prevail!!! We love you Donald….Dance for us like nobody’s watching!!!Good Luck…I know you have all us Cheeseheads behind you ;)

13. By Kristin on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Yay! Driver is my favorite Packer! He’s got so much class and so much heart!

14. By Crystal Duwe on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Great job DD. Bring home the mirror ball. I have never voted all the years I have watched it but I will be voting this season.

15. By JoAnn Muir on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

He’s my favorite Packer,, too

16. By LeeAnna on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

I agree…he did WAY better than some of those who got a better score…I can’t til next week to see how he does! I voted for him and I hope he wins! :)

17. By deb on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

hi donald you can dance with me any day, donald you were awesome and you will win bring home the ball,love you

18. By Bonnie on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Great job Donald. You certainly have the moves. Got all my votes.

19. By Mary Jo on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

I have watched DWTS since day 1 and am fortunate enough to live in Green Bay.. believe me, Donald Driver was one of the all time best performers I’ve ever seen!! He had all the moves, not to mention the most amazing smile!! The crowd went wild..and I predict he will go far in this competition! We love you Donald : )!!!

20. By MHenry on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

This was by far one of the best opening seasons on Dancing With The Stars. Donald and many others have great talent. It will be fun to watch. Donald has the moves, crowd appeal and smile. He will go far in the season, if he listens to the judges. He has the ability to be a top contender! Get your votes out Packer fans. That makes a big difference in point values. The judges are just one part of the scores. He has a great fan base.

21. By Chassity on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Great job, Quickie!!!!!!!! 30 pts in my book…but next week will be better

22. By Geri Robak on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

WOW ! WOW ! My husband Jim & I were so impressed with your 1st dance. Donald, YOU are the leader and the one to beat…you know how to WIN so GO GET THAT MIRROR BALL TROPHY! SO DARN PROUD OF YOU Donald.

23. By Sue on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Way to go Donald “Dance” Driver! You for ALL of my 12 votes!

24. By Tammi Wilkins on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

Way to go Donald. You proved your are a contender and look forward to watching you to the end and bringing the ball back to add to the Packer Hall of Fame which I had the joy of visiting this December!

25. By Philly on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

I thought he did a great job. He was better then Sherri. Come PACKER fans. VOTE VOTE VOTE

26. By Susan witte on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

I’ve never voted for anyone on DWTS, just enjoyed watching the show. Tonight I cast all 12 of my votes for DONALD DRIVER!!! Great performance Donald and Peta!

27. By jamie on Mar 19, 2012 | Reply

DD performed wonderfully..just like his moves on the field, maximum overdrive!! Keep up the energy and positive thinking…You’re doing great..can’t wait for every week as you advance to the mirror ball..should look nice next to the superbowl ring!!

28. By queendebb8 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I voted the maximum times via my phone. This is the number to vote for Donald: 1-800-868-3403

29. By Muriel on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Oh Yeah! Donald got my votes!

30. By skeeter on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Donald!!! You Go Boy!! You both got ALLLLL my votes tonight. Can’t wait to get my tickets so I can come on down and make some noise for you!! woot woot

31. By Jenn on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Donald did great!!! He should have received better scores for sure! He danced a lot better than Martina who also got 7s. Keep on going DD…you did Packer Nation proud!!

32. By Lisa on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Amazing night o DWTS’s!!! Absolutely loved DD! He can move it and shake it, no doubt…you have my vote Donald!!”

33. By wendy on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Way to go Donald. I hadn’t been a DWTS fan previously but I believe watching is going to be on that “can’t miss it” schedule just like Sunday afternoon football.

34. By peggyr on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Donald was amazing!! Hey fans – you can vote at least 36 times! 12 per phone line (home, cell) and then 12 more online. Donald got my 36 votes!!

35. By Kim on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I did not get to vote but watched it last night and Donald Driver is great can not believe he only got 21. GO DRIVER GO

36. By Kristen on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Agree with Tommy D. And there is NO WAY Jack Wagner danced better than Donald. They were very conservative in scoring early on. Donald took the constructive criticism with charm and I think he’s gonna WIN!

37. By LadyCheesehead1 on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Donald was amazing last night. He got all my votes. Come on Packer nation, give the man all your support. He has talent on the dance floor. He is my all time favorite Packer player, and now to learn he has moves like that? WOW!!! Donald you did us proud! Now go get that mirror ball!!!!

38. By Wendy on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

I was very impressed by how amazing DD danced last night. I gave him all 10′s and I think the judges should have as well. I got 24 votes in for him. I am looking forward to watching him go all the way!!! You are awesome Donald!!!

39. By Diane on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Donald was absolutely charming and the performance was great. I had never watched the program before, much less voted. I will be watching this time and he got all my votes by phone and online. Go Donald – California is cheering for you!!

40. By Kim on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

That was the best dance of the night in my opinion! <3

41. By Anita on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Loved it! Go Donald Go!!! We are routing for you all the way!

42. By Jan Gere on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Go Donald!!!! I have never voted before, but I sure will this season. He is a wonderful person. He just has to have that disco ball on his mantle!!! PS His son is right, his partner is hot!!!

43. By Cali on Mar 20, 2012 | Reply

Let me know when football starts. And real quick. Nice move on Flynns part, makin’ 26 mill. up there in Seattle. BUT, we’re still goin up there and destroyin’ em!! GO PACK GO!!!

44. By AZjeff on Mar 21, 2012 | Reply

At this point in his career a better dancer than a WR. Come on Pack! Spend some moe money and get a WR for AROD. Don’t get cheap with him like you did Farve. I sense packers are in profit taking mode.

45. By JoAnn Muir on Mar 21, 2012 | Reply

AZjeff to you GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

46. By d on Mar 22, 2012 | Reply

lets support our Donald Driver!!!! He’s the man!!!!

47. By Montanapackfan on Mar 22, 2012 | Reply

Driver is the consummate professional both on and off the field.His sure handedness in our loss to the Giants last year epitomizes his career and integrity as a player and a Packer ambassador. Should he not make the team this year, his play making and mentoring shall be missed and a void will need to be filled in his absence.

Roll on Green Roll on

48. By Pack Attack on Mar 24, 2012 | Reply

@AZjeff, Driver was the only receiver to show up in the playoff game against the Giants, all the other receivers were dropping balls.

49. By 1gopack on Mar 24, 2012 | Reply

You get 12 votes each online, landline, and every cellphone your family has. I voted 60 times!

50. By Adrienne on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

Dance Driver dance!!! He did amazing! He should have gotten a way better score. Funny that more than have the audience booed the judges for the scores. I went on a website and it showed pictures of all the partisipants and Donald Driver had 800 likes!!! Everyone else had like 400 or less likes. That just tells how much we love you Donald!!! <3

51. By AP on Mar 25, 2012 | Reply

GREEN BAY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! Discount double check Karen Rogers!!!

52. By Cali on Mar 26, 2012 | Reply

To AZjeff….ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

53. By One Fast Driver on Mar 27, 2012 | Reply

Donald, you were awsome in your first two dances. I was glad to see that old judge admit he was wrong. Everybody knew you were great. I had no doubt that you would be safe. You go out and kick some ..bleeeep.. just like you do on the football field with fancy footwork.

54. By JoAnn Muir on Mar 28, 2012 | Reply

He scored you too low on the second dance, too. Those judges have NO CLUE there are PACKER FANS every where in the world and Donald Driver fans every where in the world, too. Donald you are a terrific dancer.

55. By rdschwalm on Mar 29, 2012 | Reply

I simply don’r understand why this website spends so much yime on Driver’s performance on DWTS. I want Packers football news, not the analysis of Driver’s performance at dancing! Driver is “yesterday’s news anyway.

56. By c.statz on Mar 31, 2012 | Reply

Donald was the best. Vote packer nation!!!!