• Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions
  • Mon., Sep. 22, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Monday, September 22, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT Humana playground build (morning session)

Scheduled to appear: Andrew Quarless and Casey Hayward

• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Humana playground build (afternoon session) Scheduled to appear: Datone Jones and Micah Hyde
  • Sat., Sep. 27, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Packers Everywhere pep rally (Chicago)

Packers fans 21 years and older are invited to bring the spirit of Green Bay to Chicago a day early with a free Packers Everywhere Pep Rally. Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy will take part in the pre-gameday excitement by greeting fans and participating in a Q-and-A session with Wayne Larrivee, the radio voice of the Packers. Packers alumni Mark Chmura and Don Beebe will also be at the rally to socialize with fans, sign autographs and discuss their thoughts on the next day’s game against the Bears. A round-table discussion with Packers.com writers Vic Ketchman, Mike Spofford and the audience will conclude the event.

• Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Chicago Bears Packers at Chicago Bears

Packers on the clock

Posted by Mike Spofford on April 28, 2012 – 12:42 pm

The Packers now have back-to-back picks, at No. 132 and 133. They are on the clock.

Tags:

9 Responses to “Packers on the clock”

1. By Craig halverson on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

im surpirised the pack didnt take chris polk the rb out of washington…

2. By Dan A on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

TT went with another DL player from Iowa-Mike Daniel. Good speed and appears to be a leader. The 133 pick is from Maine..a safety that likes to stop the run. Could be a good special teamer. Defense is certainly on TT’s agenda!

3. By Hendrik Kriek on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

Why wouldn’t the Packers take Antonio Allen over Jeron?

4. By Displaced Packer Fan on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

I think Daniels might have been the best talent still on the board which is why they took him I think, though I see him more as a 4-3 player. He does have good quickness so if we run some 4-3-4 nickel instead of the 2-4-5 nickel he could make the field for that.

McMillian was a workout stud with decent college production, but I think there was better talent at other positions on the board but the Pack must have felt he was the best safety left and wouldn’t be there in the 6th so reached for him. He looks to have good special teams value though and a ST pick that can help at a position of need in the bottom of the 4th makes sense.

Not taking a RB leads me to believe they feel Starks and Green will be healthy and the Saine can contribute if needed as well so they can produce enough (like last year, lack of a solid running game really never hurt us, but having a better one would be helpful)

Most of the non developmental linemen were gone from what I could see so I’m guess center gets addressed next year (there are usually 2 or 3 NFL ready centers each year and generally you can get one in the first 3 rounds even if you are picking last).

It’s getting to value pick time and just hoping talent that you’ve seen flash can pan out.

5. By dylan on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

has the center from osu brewster been picked? packers need to get him if not

6. By Dennis Swanson on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

I’m surprised Kellen Moore is still available. A backup QB is on the need list and I think any college QB who won 50 games in a pro-style offense is worth a look.

7. By Paul on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

Unbelievable… I sat there and expected us to take Chris Polk and we draft a QB??? Ted.. This one you got wrong…!!!! My God, this guy is rated extemely high and had 1400+ yards last year. I know its the PAC10 or whatever they are calling it now, but you picked Perry from USC. This guy is the shock of the draft.

8. By Paul on Apr 28, 2012 | Reply

OK… I will admit I forgot we lost our backup, but still Chris Polk not going through 7 rounds!!! Shocking

9. By Zach Aguilera on May 1, 2012 | Reply

I cant believe we didnt take a running back!! Llamar miller would have been the perfect player to trade up for in the beginning of the fourth and we could have also taken terrel manning in the 4th. I have never head of the DT or safety we drafted in the fourth round, but Mitchell Merkle from OSU would have been a steel in the sixth round. If we got these two guys in our draft I would have considered this successful. The first two days were incredible so I have to give Ted Thompsan and the Packers organization credit but day 3 could have had better moves. Another dissapointment was not signing Chris Polk as undrafted free agent he could have helped out our backfield immensley. Hopefully Green and Starks can stay healthy this season!!