• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Packers 1K Kids Run

Back to Football also includes the 1K Kids Run, presented by WPS Health Insurance. Kids 10 years old and younger will have the opportunity to run a Lambeau Lap on Friday, July 25, at 6 p.m. Registration for the Kids Run is $10 and all participants will receive a Packers 1K Run t-shirt, a logoed bag and a participant medal.

• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 7:00 PM CDT Movie Night at Lambeau Field

Movie Night at Lambeau Field will return this year on Friday, July 25, following the 1K Kids Run. The event is free and open to the public, and concessions will be available throughout the movie. More details will be announced at a later date.

Time listed above is subject to change.

• Sat., Jul. 26, 2014 6:30 PM CDT Packers 5K Run/Walk

The fifth annual ‘5K Run/Walk at Lambeau Field,’ is set for Saturday, July 26, at 6:30 p.m.

The computer-timed run is highlighted by a neighborhood route that ultimately takes participants into Lambeau Field and around the famed gridiron. The event has a special finish line – the Packers’ ‘G’ painted on turf located in the parking lot.

All participants will receive a Packers 5K Run T-shirt, a logoed bag, and a bib number and timing chip. To celebrate the race’s fifth anniversary, all participants will receive a commemorative medal. In addition, photos will be taken on the course and will be available at no cost on the Packers 5K Run website.

Packers-themed awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each age group. An awards ceremony will take place following the conclusion of the race.

Registration, which is $25 for adults and $15 for children (12 and younger), will be available online beginning Friday, May 23, at www.packers.com/5k. Mail-in registration is also an option, with forms available online and in person at Lambeau Field. Runners can also register at the Bellin Run Expo on Friday, June 13, at Astor Park in Green Bay. Early registration is encouraged. After July 13, registration fees will increase to $30 and $20, respectively.

• Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT PPCC Annual Reception

The Packers Partners Annual Reception is set for Thursday, July 31, 2014 in the Lambeau Field Atrium from 4:00 PM- 7:00 PM.

Packers Jarrett Boykin, Eddie Lacy, Datone Jones and DuJuan Harris will appear at the reception. The event will include a Player Guest Q&A, a Meet & Greet with a Packers Alumni and a Raffle Drawing.

This is a member’s only event. Invitations will be mailed the week of June 23rd, and online registration will open at 9 am CDT on June 25th and will close on July 11th at 5 pm CDT.

Invitations will include all of this information and additional details.

To sign up to become a member of the Packers Partners Club of Champions and receive an invitation to the reception, fans can go to www.packers.com/ppcc.

• Sat., Aug. 02, 2014 5:30 PM CDT Packers Family Night, presented by Bellin Health

‘Family Night’ will serve as the introduction of the 2014 Green Bay Packers, in-person to a capacity crowd in Lambeau Field and on television to a state-wide audience.

The event, which begins with in-stadium activities at 5:30 p.m., will benefit the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids foster care adoption program, a signature program of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.

Double dance, double partner for Double D

Posted by packers.com on May 7, 2012 – 8:45 pm

Dancing first this week on “Dancing with the Stars,” the duo of Packers WR Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd delivered the tango without apology, scoring 27 out of 30 points, the same score for the fifth straight week.

Similar to the couple’s first successful tango weeks earlier, the couple again seemed to gratify all three judges.

“Ding dong Donald, a first round knockout,” said Judge Len Goodman.

Judge Bruno Tonioli, in his usual lively approach, praised Donald and Peta as well. “You were going for it like there’s no tomorrow.”

Judge Carrie Ann Inaba was the first to give Donald and Peta a perfect 10 for their tango a few weeks ago, but only offered 9 points for this week’s version (along with the other two judges). Inaba also served a side of criticism, hoping for a little more “drama” with their dance.

The Tango was the first of two dances team “Driving Miss Peta” completed on Monday’s Week 8 episode. All six remaining dancing pairs were slotted to complete a “Trio Dance” which involved each ‘star’ dancing with both their typical counterpart and an additional practiced cast member. Driver’s Trio included that of professional dancer and “DWTS” regular, Karina Smirnoff, along with his usual partner, Murgatroyd.

The Driver/Smirnoff/Murgatroyd trio successfully completed their version of the Jive, which featured high-energy moves and quick-paced music.

Judge Inaba provided a much-needed 10 points for the trio while the other judges provided collective 9’s for their second performance of the night, bringing Driver’s total to 55 points.

Taking the score in stride and always with a smile, Driver did reflect with host Brooke Burke. “It hurt,” said Driver. “We thought we made it.”

“Double” must be the theme for this week’s show as double partners, double dances and this week’s contest features a “double elimination” on Tuesday, taking the pool of six couples down to a mere four.

Based on scoring alone, it seems the “Double” theme is working for Double D. Will he get through with his dancing scores and the votes needed to bring him to the next level?

Eliminations continue on “Dancing with the Stars.” Viewers are encouraged to vote via phone and text message for Donald only on the night he performs; online voting ends at 10 a.m. CT the following day. Log on to abc.com to vote.

Tags: , , ,

43 Responses to “Double dance, double partner for Double D”

1. By DDfan on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I think DD is underscored on a regular basis. I’m not addicted to the show, but I am addicted to watching Donald achieve perfection each week. I just wish the judges hadn’t already picked their favorites, and would give Donald and Peta what they’ve earned. How is Cheryl still there after the stumble they had a couple weeks ago???

2. By tila on May 7, 2012 | Reply

He was underscored for sure!! He danced so good much better then some of the other dancers..I wish the judges wouldn’t pick favorite already..i hope people vote cause i don’t want to see Donald go now..Vote Vote

3. By Larry Spence on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Yes I think they have their favorites,,Rashon and Melissa..have been poor for over 3 weeks..Whats Up..Donald and Peta have been great each week..I don’t undertand…Vote Packer nation..Help Donald and Peta be the winners of the dance..We are behind ya Donald…Packers fan,DD fan forever.

4. By Larry L Spence on May 7, 2012 | Reply

.Yes I think they have their favorites,,Rashon and Melissa..have been poor for over 3 weeks..Whats Up..Donald and Peta have been great each week..I don’t undertand…Vote Packer nation..Help Donald and Peta be the winners of the dance..We are behind ya Donald…Packers fan,DD fan forever

5. By Taylor on May 7, 2012 | Reply

DONALD DRIVER OMG he is the most AH-MAZING DANCER ON THIS SEASON i sware im not lieing i voted like 350 times threw Facebook and if it doesnt count imma be MAD and like 150 times threw twitter!!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! I think that he gets ripped off by the judges sometimes though! If Donald Driver gets voted off im literally gonna cry! REALLY REALLY hope he wins:))))

6. By Kay on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Definitely underscored. The judges seem to love his dances and then score down. Whats up with 10′s for everyone else but not The Donald?

7. By Mary on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Len has been underscoring Donald and Petta all along. Now tonight Bruno and Len underscoring. He had a very hard dance to produce. Donald you did excellent in my eyes. Should of been 10′s all the way across. Don’t let it get you down keep on succeeding. We all from Wisconsin support you Donald.

8. By Taylor on May 7, 2012 | Reply

The judges cannot just pick there favorites:/ like Mellissa and Roshon NEED to go home! Oh and William! Donlad i cannot tell u how much i look forward to watching u and your team every weekend on Football and it makes me even more excited when i see you dancing! Bring the Mirrorball to Title town!! And im the other taylor that commented and if u read
    That please give me a shoutout on DWTS tommorrow!!!:))))))

9. By Mark Radtke on May 7, 2012 | Reply

He was surely very under scored tonight and every night so far.The judges all have their favorites.William danced worse the Donald but got better score,ugh .

10. By pat dillon on May 7, 2012 | Reply

i’M BEGINNING TO THINK CERTAIN JUDGES HAS CERTAIN FAVORITES. AS FAR A WISH THEY HAD REPLAYS I’M CONCERNED DONALD AND PETA DID THE BEST OF ALL THE TRIO DANCERS. THEY WERE GREAT ! I WISH THEY HAD INSTANT REPLAY BECAUSE I MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETHING THAT WAS OFF. (NAMELY THE JUDGES-DISGUSTING) MAYBE THEY JUST WANTED TO MAKE A CERTAIN GRANDMOTHER HAPPY.

11. By Debbie on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Donald and Peta were ripped off. They deserved a 30 each time. They were way better than the rest.

12. By pat dillon on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I USED MY HOME PHONE FOE THE ALLOWED CALLS, THEN TRIED MY CELL, WHICH I WAS TOLD WAS OUT OF THE AREA (BARBERTON,OH) YOUR THE BEST DONALD, AND DON’T FORGET IT, THAT GOES FOR HUSB,FATHER AND THE GREATEAST TEAM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, I HAVE BEEN A PACKER FAN EVER SINCE THE BART STARR DAYS, EVEN TOOK MY SON OUT OF SCHOOL WHEN THE PACKERS CAME TO CANTON OH, BUT YOU WILL GET THEM NEXT WEEK AND WILL WIND UP WINNING !!!GO DONALD AND PETTA !!

13. By Louise on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Absolutely underscored! Happens every week! I can’t believe how well he takes it all. Just shows what a truly great guy he is. Love seeing his family there rooting him on. He and Peta get all my votes every week.

14. By Taylor on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Donald, you control yourself amazingly when u get those WAY UNDERSCORED scores! I can tell u that u r BY FAR the best dancer there!!

15. By Diane on May 7, 2012 | Reply

We have been thinking we are missing something as he has always been underscored, but is always told he has done terrific, Just don’t understand it, but I surely hope he will be bringing the mirror ball back to Title town, We are so proud of him, he is one great Guy.

16. By deb on May 7, 2012 | Reply

love you donald you were way underscore i was so upset and the way you jumped over both those girl dancers was amazing, YOU DID A GREAT JOB DONALD I DONT CARE WHAT THE JODGES SAY LOVE YOU ALWAYS ON THE FIELD AND OFF THE FIELD,

17. By Elsa on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Underscored? You bet he was. The jive was outstanding and the jump was awesome. One can’t help but think the judges have their favorites. What a shame! Packer Nation needs to prove those judges wrong.

18. By Elsa on May 7, 2012 | Reply

BTW, Would be nice to see some of the Pac players in the audience sometme for a “rooting” section..

19. By Linda on May 7, 2012 | Reply

PERFECT JIVE! Underscored! Perfectly in sync and should be 30! Others out of sync and not marked down. Shameful!!! Something not right! Great poise!!! AMAZING!!!!

20. By melody on May 7, 2012 | Reply

they were really underscored. Donald is the best dancer on the show. come on packer nation and make sure he wins the mirror ball.

21. By La-Verne Moore on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Double D is doing a great job, but my opinion the judges are not fair and they haven’t been for years. I had said last year would have been my last year to watch DWTS,but after I heard the Dancers announced I had to watch it again, I am a Packer’s fan. We must wait on the out come. GO DOUBLE D GO!

22. By La-Verne Moore on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Oh yes,Dance Double D Dance! I know that you got it alone with all the other Packer Fans.

23. By Brigette on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I’ll scream if I see another 27. Nothing he does seems good enough for the judges. I’m a loyal watcher, but if the judges don’t pull their heads out of their blooming backsides and give him a well deserved 30, my Packer loyalty will win over my “Dancing” loyalty and they can kiss my viewership goodbye from now on!

24. By anne Christensen on May 7, 2012 | Reply

I commented before, obviously they are not publishing what they don’t want to hear. Donald is constantly under scored. They have their agenda.
    Too bad….he is killing it.

25. By Cynde Oleck on May 8, 2012 | Reply

We Love Donald and Petta !!!!! I think they have done an AWESOME job EVERY time, unlike the others. So what’s up with the aweful judging. Are the judges being paid off. It’s tough to see such blatant underscoring. I’m very disappointed in the judges who appear to have favorites.
    Donald, you are an amazing Man. Keep up the great work. God Bless.

26. By Amanda H on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Donald Driver you are an amazing Football Player and Dancer! I look forward to watching you every week on DWTS! I felt you should have been getting perfect scores every week! You work super hard on your routines and really put everything out there to earn the BEST scores! I hate that the judges aren’t giving you the credit you deserve! The dedication you have is very inspiring and all your hard work never goes unappreciated! You are an amazing Man DD! Love seeing you every week and love seeing your family rooting for you! Kids are adorable! Packer Nation is beind you A MILLION percent! Love ya DD!

27. By LINDA on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I don’t understand it – I don’t live in WI but I am a Packer Fan and I have been sooooo disappointed in the way they are scoring Donald. What does impress me is the grace that both Donald & Peta have shown. I have always liked Donald Driver for his hard work he is truly a roll model for us all!!!! Go Donald, I for one think you have already won in life – Keep that beautiful smile and I wish you the best in life, always – You have a beautiful family.

28. By Sandee on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I have watched Dancing with the stars since it first aired. This year, I am very disappointed in the judges. On more than one occasion they have UNDERSCORED Donald and Petta. Last night in the 3 person dance. Donald, Petta, and Korina, wow, they should have gotten 30 out of that dance, the 3 of them danced together for the entire routine..NONE of the others did that.
    GO Donald and Petta, I will continue to vote for the two of you.

29. By Packer.Backer.Mom on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I am now convinced the show is rigged… the trio dance definitely warranted 30!

We gotta step up here, Packers Nation — just like Click for Cans, we will NOT be overtaken! #Team Driver

30. By MerleB on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I agree – Donald has been underscored every single week. The panel of judges have picked their favorites since the first show and don’t even bother looking at Donald’s performances. Their comments say he nailed it, it was perfect and yet can’t give him more than a 9 each dance – very rigged and ridiculous. DD is the BEST!!

31. By Dawn on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Question for everyone-when Hines Ward was on DWTS, we saw the Steeler Nation in force; teammates every week, supporting their guy! Where are the Packers? Where is the Packer Nation? Is this some kind of edict from the front office in light of negotiations ongoing? Ideas or thoughts? I love DD, he is a class act, and as productive as anyone. We NEED to keep him on the team!

32. By Joanne on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I think DD and Peta are the best dancers they have deserved 30 pt. I don’t know whats wrong with these judges. the are playing games. Come on all you Wisconsin fans, stand behind your man. I have.

33. By Chris on May 8, 2012 | Reply

He was definitely underscored! If the judges raved so much about his jive, why didn’t he get all 10′s? I wish he hadn’t had to go first. I think that hurt him.

34. By Jan Hornocker on May 8, 2012 | Reply

I agree I think DD didn’t get the score he should have gotten. Don’t understand how the judges do their scoring. I think DD is doing a wonderful job. I wish him the best.

35. By Stacey T on May 9, 2012 | Reply

I am only watching Dancing with the Stars because of Donald. His performances are full of such emotion and I love watching his expressions. No one can touch him on that. I don’t get Len and Bruno, why won’t they give Donald a 10? His jive was so upbeat and he kept great time with the 2 women, no oher group did all of that work together. Donald I love watching you and think you’e great!!!

36. By Shirley Schweitzer on May 9, 2012 | Reply

He is the most consistant dancer on the floor and he deserves 10′s across the board all the time. Go Donald my whole family is rooying for you.

37. By Shirley Schweitzer on May 9, 2012 | Reply

That is rooting not rooying.

38. By Jorga on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Love Donald’s dancing. He deserved 10′s this week for sure. Loved the 3-some! Len, where are the 10′s! Also, it would be nice to see some of Donald’s teammates and coaching staff at the show supporting him! It is very disappointing. We support the team all season long by going to games, now its time for you to show support for one of your own! Come on PACKERS, support Donald! GO PACK!

39. By Maisy on May 9, 2012 | Reply

I have been an avid fan of DWTS and when I heard Donald was going to be on the show, I was thrilled. Donald, you are going a fantastic job and I look forward to each week’s show. I am disappointed there have not been any Packer fans, cheeseheads or Packer players/staff shown in the audience in support. The Steelers were there when Hines was dancing. Go Donald, I can’t wait to see you in the finals.

40. By Packer Backer on May 9, 2012 | Reply

just one word……….VOTE!!!!!

41. By Packer Backer on May 9, 2012 | Reply

one word…………VOTE!!!!!!!

42. By Karen Love on May 10, 2012 | Reply

I love DD. I just read that the Packers are putting him on waiver. I think the judges stink. Donald has put out each week just like in football. The packers are looking at age of the players and Donald has offered to take less pay even. What are they thinking??? I think this is a bunch of bunk. Come on Pack nation lets show them what we are about!!!
    Donald deserves all the backing we can give him.
    GO DONALD!!

43. By Lynn B. on May 14, 2012 | Reply

I too think the judging is terrible! How could they not give him a 30 for that terrific jive with the 2 women? It was absolutely great! Getting tired of Carrie Ann swooning over William and unable to see his mistakes! And I wish some of the Packers would get their butts out there to support DD! Hines ward had lots of teammates supporting him. Get out there, Packers, c’mon! BTW I had no trouble voting on my land line but with the cell, I kept getting message that all lines were busy and to try again. Never did get through. But I voted on computer too. We have to do everything to make up for this poor judging!