• Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection The Salvation Army will be collecting new and gently used winter coats as well as cash donations in the parking lot and at each of Lambeau Field’s gates.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions

Rodgers paired with Romo and Rice in American Century Championship

Posted by Duke Bobber on July 19, 2012 – 7:37 pm

Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo are paired with Hall of Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice in the featured group at 12:55 p.m. (CT) Friday at the 54-hole American Century Championship at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. With 5/2 odds, Romo is the favorite to win. Here is how the green & gold stack up against the odds:

- Sterling Sharpe  18/1
– Aaron Rodgers  50/1
– A.J. Hawk  300/1

Hawk will be teeing off with Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith.

Urban Meyer and Aaron Rodgers / A.J. Hawk

Here’s what A.J. Hawk had to say about the tournament:

Q: Are you excited about this tournament?
Hawk: No, because I probably have no shot of winning. But it’s gonna be fun. You know, I get to play golf.

Q: What have you been doing to prepare for this?
Hawk: Nothing really. Just playing golf.

Q: Are you in it to win it?
Hawk: Oh, I’d love to win it, but this week is the most golf I’ve ever played in my life. I’ve never played more than once in a week. So it’s like playing four, five days in a row. I only have so many decent shots in me.

Q: What’s your goal for this year?
Hawk: I’d love to be in positive numbers, which I’ve never been. But I just always fall apart. I’ll be doing decent, but then I’ll have three or four double bogeys in a row and negative-10 right away, it’s terrible.

Q: What is it about this tournament that you like so much?
Hawk: It’s just awesome. Everything about it is awesome. I mean it’s crazy. And you get to compete, too. Obviously I’m not competing for anything, but I still get to compete to try and do better. I’m definitely trying to improve from last year. I was like in 66th place last year, which was terrible. I feel like every other player, if I played decent I could jump up like 20 spots.

Update: Out of 82 golfers, here’s where the current and former Packers placed:

- T11, Sterling Sharpe
– T15, Ryan Longwell
– 33, Jim McMahon
– T35, Aaron Rodgers
– T64, A.J. Hawk

Tags: , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “Rodgers paired with Romo and Rice in American Century Championship”

1. By vikingsfool on Jul 20, 2012 | Reply

ok one more, only because I know you cheeseheads can’t get enough.
    Q:what is the difference between Jarred Allen and the entire GB Packer first team?
    A:22 sacks!

2. By vikings 3-13 on Jul 20, 2012 | Reply

dude you are always on this site, seems to me and everyone you have no interest on being on your teams site since they are the worse in the division lol. i don’t think the packers would ever go 3 – 13 like the vikings. you as a person is garbage and that’s fitting since your team is also garbage. cool comments since having more sacks really compares to a Superbowl victory and a 15-1 season, loser.

3. By Cali on Jul 21, 2012 | Reply

AHHHH!! Tahoe’s only an hour away!!

4. By Ditka on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

I was there, it was great. I saw A-rodg and some other packer players spooning in the clubhouse. That means cuddling for you idiot packer fans

5. By Ditka on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

what’s wrong Cali, can’t take a little heat? Maybe you should stay out of the kitchen.

6. By Big Cheese on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

Hey let’s get back on topic here guys. We are supposed to be talking about Aaron Rodgers and his golf game, not have a chicken fight over some idiot bears fan

7. By vikings 3-13 on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

Get real, Ditka, maybe you should go cheer for the Vikings, they might be one win over the bears this year. At least I hope so, I’d like to see the Vikings bring it a little more this year, makes the division better.

8. By Cali on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, knock it off.

9. By Larson Family on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

I heard that the Packers might re-sign Javon Walker this season, that’d be awesome!

10. By MN CHEESE on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

You can’t be serious? Walker is retired. I’d rather see them bring back Sharper than Walker, Walker just got lucky a few times. Besides, why would the Packers need to bring anyone outside into our great organisation? We are the kings of the NGL.
    GO PACKERS GO

11. By Cali on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

What is with all this garbage?

12. By Ditka on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

HA HA HA HA HA HA

13. By Cali on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

Ditka, seriously. you are making us look bad. We will crush the bears this year. Cursh them like a fly. You better not show you face around here anymore.

14. By BIG CHEESE on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

come on now guys, this is a site for worship of the Peckers. If you can’t do that. get out.

15. By Spencer on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

Who ever is comeing over to vikings.com to mess with us. Please have some class and stop it!

16. By Cali Packers Fan on Jul 22, 2012 | Reply

Alright. Who the hell stole my name??

17. By BIG CHEESE on Jul 23, 2012 | Reply

This is the real BIG CHEESE, checking in for the first time since July 19th on this thread; my Handle was hijacked on the above comments, but I have a good sense of humor so it’s cool. But Ditka, is the real deal, same guy every year, many aliases, most recently, the queens fool
    thing. He just can’t stay away. It’s a Fraudian thing. Go Pack Go ! !