• Thu., Jul. 24, 2014 11:00 AM CDT Shareholders Meeting

The Green Bay Packers 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held Thursday, July 24, at 11 a.m., at Lambeau Field. The meeting will take place rain or shine.

• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Packers 1K Kids Run

Back to Football also includes the 1K Kids Run, presented by WPS Health Insurance. Kids 10 years old and younger will have the opportunity to run a Lambeau Lap on Friday, July 25, at 6 p.m. Registration for the Kids Run is $10 and all participants will receive a Packers 1K Run t-shirt, a logoed bag and a participant medal.

• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 7:00 PM CDT Movie Night at Lambeau Field

Movie Night at Lambeau Field will return this year on Friday, July 25, following the 1K Kids Run. The event is free and open to the public, and concessions will be available throughout the movie. More details will be announced at a later date.

Time listed above is subject to change.

• Sat., Jul. 26, 2014 6:30 PM CDT Packers 5K Run/Walk

The fifth annual ‘5K Run/Walk at Lambeau Field,’ is set for Saturday, July 26, at 6:30 p.m.

The computer-timed run is highlighted by a neighborhood route that ultimately takes participants into Lambeau Field and around the famed gridiron. The event has a special finish line – the Packers’ ‘G’ painted on turf located in the parking lot.

All participants will receive a Packers 5K Run T-shirt, a logoed bag, and a bib number and timing chip. To celebrate the race’s fifth anniversary, all participants will receive a commemorative medal. In addition, photos will be taken on the course and will be available at no cost on the Packers 5K Run website.

Packers-themed awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each age group. An awards ceremony will take place following the conclusion of the race.

Registration, which is $25 for adults and $15 for children (12 and younger), will be available online beginning Friday, May 23, at www.packers.com/5k. Mail-in registration is also an option, with forms available online and in person at Lambeau Field. Runners can also register at the Bellin Run Expo on Friday, June 13, at Astor Park in Green Bay. Early registration is encouraged. After July 13, registration fees will increase to $30 and $20, respectively.

• Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT PPCC Annual Reception

The Packers Partners Annual Reception is set for Thursday, July 31, 2014 in the Lambeau Field Atrium from 4:00 PM- 7:00 PM.

Packers Jarrett Boykin, Eddie Lacy, Datone Jones and DuJuan Harris will appear at the reception. The event will include a Player Guest Q&A, a Meet & Greet with a Packers Alumni and a Raffle Drawing.

This is a member’s only event. Invitations will be mailed the week of June 23rd, and online registration will open at 9 am CDT on June 25th and will close on July 11th at 5 pm CDT.

Invitations will include all of this information and additional details.

To sign up to become a member of the Packers Partners Club of Champions and receive an invitation to the reception, fans can go to www.packers.com/ppcc.

Saturday came to Green Bay to win

Posted by Mike Spofford on July 30, 2012 – 2:45 pm

New Packers center Jeff Saturday used the phrase, “Make no bones about it.” He chose Green Bay in free agency because he wants to win another title.

“Absolutely,” Saturday said after Monday’s practice. “That’s why I came here.  When we sat down and I talked to Mike (McCarthy) … ‘What’s the goal?’ ‘To win a championship.’ It’s not to win a division, … it’s to win a championship. I’m not a spring chicken anymore. I’ve only got so many left.”

Entering his 14th season, Saturday went to two Super Bowls with the Colts, winning one. He’s now working with his second MVP quarterback in Aaron Rodgers after snapping to Peyton Manning in Indianapolis for roughly a decade.

“I tell them, those guys are awfully lucky to have me as a center,” Saturday said, tongue firmly planted in cheek. “No, I’m just kdding. It’s incredible. How blessed can you be, right? You go from MVP to MVP, and both guys are well-deserving.

“Aaron is an absolute stud. I’ve been impressed with his work ethic, I’ve been very impressed with his knowledge of the offense, and I’m excited to have a chance to win with him. Let’s go try to put another trophy on the shelf, man.”

The Packers brought Saturday to Green Bay to help them win, of course, but also to possibly help tutor a center of the future. The best candidate at the moment is Evan Dietrich-Smith, whom Saturday already has taken under his wing. Saturday said he’s been feeding Dietrich-Smith various “little tricks of the trade.”

“I keep telling him, you have to try all these things, and once you get them, they help you go a long way,” Saturday said. “They look really good in a game. When you practice them against the same guy every day, it may not look as good. But you get accustomed to doing them in the game and they’re going to make you a better player.

“He’s a great kid. The kid’s got a great future ahead of him and I’ve got a lot of respect for him.”

Elsewhere on offense, WR Tori Gurley continues to get opportunities to use his 6-4, 232-pound frame on jump balls. The QBs gave him repeated tries at an end-zone/corner-fade, and he came down with the first two. The first one was in a one-on-one drill against CB Casey Hayward, and after the catch, Rodgers encouraged Gurley to celebrate with the crowd. Call it a “Nitschke Leap” for Ray Nitschke Field, but the crowd was eating it up.

“I’m just having fun,” Gurley said. “I see how (Donald) Driver gets the crowd going, so I was like, you know what, I can do the same myself. Every time I catch a ball, I just wink at somebody and enjoy myself.

“I look forward to “Lambeau leaping” pretty soon.”

Gurley’s other jump-ball TD came over CB Otis Merrill in an 11-on-11 red-zone period. In a later red-zone team period, QB Graham Harrell tried to go up top to Gurley, but CB Davon House played the ball well and kept it from Gurley’s grasp.

“He plays his technique well and he uses his size,” Gurley said of House, who’s 6-1, 195. “He was able to make some plays. I got him and he got me. We’re just going to keep competing, and hopefully Family Night, I have the better showing.”

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Packers.com Blog, Training Camp | 20 Comments »

20 Responses to “Saturday came to Green Bay to win”

1. By Cathy on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Jeff Saturday seems to be a great guy and player. I sincerely hope the Packers can win another title with him before he retires.

2. By Bob on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Welcome aboard Mr.Saturday.Your attitude fit’s splendid with Our green Bay Packer’s.Be the leader you are Sir.Go Pack.

3. By kelly knuteson on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

welcome mr. saturday! the teams that win it all,have that team first attidude. you seem to fit right in. i hope we all celebrate after the super bowl!!

4. By Cali Packers Fan on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Saturdau sucks, I never wanted him. We should have signed Birk.

5. By Wisco Packers Fan on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

California fans suck. Saturday is awesome.

6. By of the way on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Saturdau sucks. Saturday, on the other hand, is awesome.

7. By Don on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

And the bears think they are going to win a Super Bowl????
    Sorry Charlie, only the best tuna goes to the big dance..Arod and the Packers!!!!

8. By Bruce Mellor on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Jeff Saturday is an excellent addition to an already excellent roster. All the way this year boys and girls. GO PACK GO!!!

9. By Tim in California on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Hey, lets not look at all Packer fans in California the same way. Saturday is a huge upgrade in my opinion and fills a very important role on the offense. He is the most important acquisition of the off season, in spite of all the great work done on the defensive side of the ball by management.

10. By Jarret Anderson on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

IF you think Saturday sucks look at what he did in Indy. He was the reason Peyton didnt get hurt befroe the past 2 years. If he gives Aaron that same protection granted its the whole line but he makes sure to not let anybody get past him he knows what he has on the table and what he brings is a good quality center who wants to win a championship or two. IF your on the packers site dont talk crap about our players it makes our fan base look crappy

11. By pam dedrick on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

when is the first day are you guys going to play football out side of your state please let me know thank you ,very much your biggest fan

12. By atarah on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

I love the PACKERS lets go team!!

13. By Sandy Garner on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Jeff Saturday has always been my favorite player. I wish him the very best in Green Bay.

14. By Indypack on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

As a resident of Indy, I can tell you Saturday is a class act all the way and a great addition for the pack.

15. By Cali Packers Fan on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

He is too old. He better not get Rodgers killed this year. If A-Rog goes down, we all go down. He may have been good once, but i do not trust Saturday.

16. By IndianaMike on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

Cali0
    Hey your improving your spelling but your football knowledge skills will need a lot of work. I agree with the others, Saturday is a great pickup. He was the main cog for the Colts and has so much experience and skills he can pass on to the other linemen. Go Pack!

17. By SoFLPackFan on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

I agree with Jarret Anderson. Don’t come on here and talk crap about our players. Some kind of a Pack fan…. if you have something constructive to say, like in your opinion you think they’re too old, that’s one thing. But skip the so and so sucks comments.

18. By Tab Walker on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

Just took a tour of Lambeau last week. Green Bay is the most outstanding environment in Pro Sports-period. During the tour, they stand you in the players tunnel and play the sound of 73,000 screaming fans. If that doesn’t make you want to throw on some pads, and hit somebody, you’ve never had the feeling.
    Used to have the privelege to hang out with Jeff Saturday at Colts training camp. He’s top shelf all the way. As far as I am concerned, Saturday and Manning were he best center/QB combo in the game, and now it’s gonna be Saturday and Rodgers. The Pack are gonna destroy people this year, and Jeff Saturday is going to be a big reason why.

19. By ChicagobornPackerfan on Aug 4, 2012 | Reply

Hey Cali boy…..everyone is right…this is not the place for your negativity..If that how you think, post your address..I will be more that happy to send you a plane ticket to Chicago and a blue and orange jersey and you can join the millions of crying, whining, just football stupid morons that I have to put up with on a daily basis…You’ll fit right in… BTW..GO PACK GO !!!

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Jul 31, 2012: Green Bay Packers: House knows he cant coast – Pioneer Press : doing-it-green.com: wind solar energy resellers