• Mon., Sep. 22, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Monday, September 22, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT Humana playground build (morning session)

Scheduled to appear: Andrew Quarless and Casey Hayward

• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Humana playground build (afternoon session) Scheduled to appear: Datone Jones and Micah Hyde
  • Sat., Sep. 27, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Packers Everywhere pep rally (Chicago)

Packers fans 21 years and older are invited to bring the spirit of Green Bay to Chicago a day early with a free Packers Everywhere Pep Rally. Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy will take part in the pre-gameday excitement by greeting fans and participating in a Q-and-A session with Wayne Larrivee, the radio voice of the Packers. Packers alumni Mark Chmura and Don Beebe will also be at the rally to socialize with fans, sign autographs and discuss their thoughts on the next day’s game against the Bears. A round-table discussion with Packers.com writers Vic Ketchman, Mike Spofford and the audience will conclude the event.

• Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Chicago Bears Packers at Chicago Bears
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.

Worthy savors the moment

Posted by Mike Spofford on August 3, 2012 – 11:34 pm

Rookie DL Jerel Worthy, drafted in the second round from Michigan State, said Friday night that when he headed out onto Lambeau Field for the Family Night scrimmage, it was his first time heading down the tunnel to the field. He had intentionally not done so previously so he could savor the moment.

“I tried to save it for as long as possible, and I kind of got a little emotional being out there, like my dream is finally coming true,” Worthy said. “I’m just excited to be here.”

Worthy made one notable play in the scrimmage, stuffing RB Du’ane Bennett for a 5-yard loss when he charged across the line of scrimmage unblocked. The play helped the No. 1 defense hold the No. 2 offense to a field goal on what had been a promising drive.

“My guard pulled, and I got a good jump on the ball,” Worthy said of the play, which was typical of the disruptive plays he made in college. “As soon as he pulled and vacated my area, I just came off the back side and came wide open. Hopefully I can get as many plays like that as possible.”

Tags: , ,
Posted in Packers.com Blog, Training Camp | 8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Worthy savors the moment”

1. By Franklin Rizzo on Aug 4, 2012 | Reply

Love this guy!
    He could be Warren Sapp for us, minus the dirty, selfish attitude. And bad hairdo.

2. By Kool Aid Drinker on Aug 4, 2012 | Reply

He is the type of player I think will fit in perfectly with our core guys on D. We have for years been missing someone who plays like him. While we do have some great players, we haven’t had on defense a naturally energetic “Big Kid” who also has “it” factor. I love this guy. He has this “I am just a kid having fun” who also happens to be a stud on the field. He will give us fits with offsides and give up some plays, but I have a hunch he will also make some big time plays at big times during games. And he is good kid, won’t be into trouble off field. He has DifferenceMaker Written ALL OVER HIM. Playing next to Raji…Yeah boy !!

3. By Cole on Aug 4, 2012 | Reply

Sick pick, this guy is a straight up beast!

4. By airpacker12 on Aug 4, 2012 | Reply

HE IS A STUD!(JW) HOWEVER ITS GOING TO BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANY D LINEMEN IN FOOTBALL TO HAVE AN IMPACT ON A 2 MAN DEFENSEIVE FRONT ! THAT COUPLED WITH A POORLY COACHED OLINE MAKES THESE PLAYS MORE HYPE THAN REALITY ; AS A STARTING COLLEGE O -LINE MEN I LOVED WHEN I COULD GET HELP FROM THE CENTER OR TACKEL WITH A QUICK CHIP BLOCK BEFORE THEY WENT ON TO PICK UP BLITZING LBS… THE D LINEMEN HAD TO BASICLY RUN OVER ME TO GET TO THE QB . WE RAN A LOT OF 2 DOWN LINEMEN SETS LAST YEAR ! AND RAJI AND CM3 SACKS DISSAPEARED !SO AS GREAT OF A JOB TT DID DRAFTING THIS YEAR IT WILL NOT PAY AS BIG DIVIDENDS AS IT SHOULD !TRUST ME CAPERS INSTALLS THE 3/4 BETTER THAN ANYONE ,HOW EVER HE FLOODS HIS PLAYBOOK CAUSING BLOWN ASSIGNMENTS AND POOR EXECUTION. THIS 2 MAN PREVENT STYLE D WILL COST GB A SERIOUS PLAYOFF RUN AND HIM HIS JOB.. HERES TO ME BEING WRONG ;HOWEVER IF YOU CHECK HIS COACHING HISTORY HIS D ALWAYS SOAR TO THE TOP OF THE LIST HIS FIRST 3 YRS AND THEN PLUMIT TO THE BOTTOM THE NEXT TWO OR THREE YRS DEPENDING ON HOW LONG THE ADMIN. TAKES TO PICK UP ON THE PROBLEM !

5. By BIG CHEESE on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

So this Horse walks into a bar and the bartender says,
    Hey, why the long face?” lololol!!!

Wait……I don’t get it!

Where’s my Toyota?…..”It’s over there, next to your Toy R2-D2!”

“I totally don’t get that either!!”

6. By Cheese Sticks on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

As a life long Packer fan, I am super excited about this season. Not only are the Packers going to be atop of the division, but each NFC north team is looking greatly imporved and should provide us with some great football this season. The Bears are coming in healthy, the Lions should impress again this season, and the Vikings (yes the Vikings) are looking much better than a year ago. My prediction- Pack, 12-4, Bears, 10-6, Lions, 10-6, Vikings 8-8. We ought to go at least4-2 in the division. I think we’ll sweep the bears, and split with the Lions and Vikings (only because we play them at the end of the season and should be resting some starters, but do not worry, we have Minny’s name the first time around) Here is to some great black and blue division football this season!!!

7. By PaulPack on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Rest players? did you see what we looked like in January after resting players?

8. By Sipo on Aug 5, 2012 | Reply

Being from Dayton Oh, where Mr.Worthy is from, I enjoy reading the Packers fan excitement. I wish the Packers fans and Jerel the best of luck, and hope you guys kik some a$$ again this year. Since once again my team is rebuilding here in Ohio, I now find myself following one of the greatest teams in the NFL. The Worthy family are very good people, I wish all of you great success this year.. tear em up Jerel we Ohions are proud of your success!!!