• Sat., Apr. 26, 2014 8:00AM - 6:00PM CDT Packers Pro Shop Tent Sale

The sale is taking place earlier than in previous years, due to the construction at Lambeau Field and the work that the Pro Shop team must complete in preparation for the new store, which will open this summer. Visitors to Lambeau Field should enter the Atrium through the Oneida Nation Gate. Parking is available in the lot on Lambeau Field’s east side near the Oneida Nation Gate, which can be accessed off Oneida Street and Lombardi Avenue.

The sale will feature the traditional mix of Pro Shop items greatly reduced in price and other special purchases.

The team’s football operations staff also has provided Packers team apparel no longer in use, including a large assortment of t-shirts, shorts, jackets, jerseys and pants. Some items are practice-worn gear not normally available in the Pro Shop.

The tent sale began in 1994 in the parking lot outside the former Pro Shop on the north end of Lambeau Field and grew into a popular event. Now in its 11th year in the Atrium, the tent sale also was held in the west side stadium concourse in previous years.

• Sat., May. 10, 2014 7:00PM CDT Eddie Lacy appearance 22nd Annual Doug Jirschele Memorial Sports Award Banquet
  • Sat., Jun. 07, 2014 8:30AM - 3:30PM CDT JPP Kids Clinic

The 17th annual Junior Power Pack Kids Clinic is set for Saturday, June 7, 2014 in the Don Hutson Center with sessions ranging from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

The Junior Power Pack Clinic gives members ages 5-14 years old the opportunity to practice football skills and drills with other Packers backers and a few up-and-coming Packers players.  Parents/Guardians are welcome to come and watch their child/ren participate in the clinic.

Members may choose one of three sessions to attend:

• Session 1 – 8:30 to 10 a.m.
    • Session 2 – 11 to 12:30 p.m.
    • Session 3 – 2 to 3:30 p.m.

The event will be held inside the Don Hutson Center, the Packers indoor practice facility. Parking for the event is available in the lot on Lambeau Field’s east side near the Oneida Nation Gate.

The Junior Power Pack Clinic is a member’s only event and will have a registration fee of $5.

Deadline to register:

• New Members – May 11, 2014
    • Current Members – May 18, 2014

To sign up to become a member of the Junior Power Pack and receive an invitation to the clinic fans can go to www.packers.com/jpp.

• Sat., Jun. 14, 2014 2:30PM CDT Jerry Parins Cruise for Cancer

The eleventh annual Jerry Parins Cruise for Cancer motorcycle ride will be held, rain or shine, on Saturday, June 14, 2014. The ride will start at Vandervest Harley-Davidson (1966 Velp Avenue, Green Bay) and will make a fun-filled stop at the Seymour Fireman's Picnic, held at the Outagamie County Fairgrounds in Seymour.

Ride Day Schedule

• 9-10:30 am: Registration at Vandervest Harley-Davidson, Geen Bay
    • 11 am: Depart Vandervest Harley-Davidson, Green Bay
    • 12 pm: Arrive in Seymour. Enjoy food, beverages, entertainment and a short program.
    • 2:30 pm: Party kicks off at the new South Endzone Festival Foods MVP Deck at Lambeau Field! Guests can access the space by way of the Shopko Gate. See the field and enjoy the atmosphere from this beautiful indoor/outdoor space newly opened and accessed by very few. The party will include silent and live auction, food, beverages, music and merchandise available for purchase.

More information: http://cruiseforcancer.org/

Cobb remembers Moss, on screen

Posted by Mike Spofford on September 6, 2012 – 3:50 pm

Packers WR Randall Cobb was just eight years old when Randy Moss took the NFL by storm as a rookie in 1998. So it’s no surprise that Cobb admitted it will be a little strange on Sunday being on the same field with Moss, who was one of Cobb’s favorite targets as a Madden video game player.

“It really is,” Cobb said. “I can remember back in NFL 2K6 or 2K2 or something like that, I don’t know, it was a while ago … I can remember playing with him and just throwing it deep to him every time. It’s going to be pretty cool to be on the field with him and get to watch him play from the sidelines.”

Moss, of course, had his share of big games against the Packers as a member of the Minnesota Vikings. He most recently played at Lambeau in 2010, when Vikings QB Brett Favre overthrew him in the end zone on a desperation fourth-down heave late in the fourth quarter that allowed the Packers to escape with the win.

Moss hasn’t played since that 2010 season, which he began with New England and finished with Tennessee. He played four games for the Vikings that year in the middle of the season. Sunday will mark his first game at Lambeau Field playing for somebody other than the Vikings.

Tags: , ,

21 Responses to “Cobb remembers Moss, on screen”

1. By Tarlam on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Dejavu

2. By Kenny on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Hopefully, Randall will do some memorable things in the game, so Moss will remember him in the future.

3. By Fish on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Cobb the young pup that he is needs to revisit Mossy boy’s totally disgusting behaviour and derespect towards OUR fans in OUR endzone and on OUR goalpost. Here’s hoping Mossy-boy gets a much needed and overdue first class drilling.

4. By max on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Fish, you’re a Fish. Moss is a great player and fun to watch. I used to think he was pretty rogue, phantom-mooning the crowd at Lambeau Field, ’till I heard him say “it was in response to the packer fans, who moon the opposing team on their way out of the stadium.” That’s why I love the game!
    Have a Coke and a Smile,
    Max

5. By don on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

I personally see the 49ers pulling the upset and I have them as one of my betting locks! Wrote all about it herehttp://nfllatestnews.com/some-underdog-picks-to-chew-on/

6. By Jeff on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Upset? I don’t know if I would call it an upset if the 49ers win but I do know I will be upset!

7. By Chad on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Max, that fans mooning nonsense was total bs. There has never been an instance of an organized plan to moon the opposing team’s bus. A random drunk dropping his drawers doesn’t give Randy the justification he needs to disrespect the home fans. He’s always been a classless punk on the field and always will be.

8. By sharee on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

on further reveiw gb still stinks

9. By nate on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I just want to comment on the Moss-Mooning. As a rabid Packers fan, I honestly had no problem with what he did, it was just poking fun, I mean what’s a rivalry with out some crudeness. Out of all the ACTUALLY horrible things NFL players do outside the game/ off the field and even on the field, like what Suh did stomping on Dietrich-Smith was FAR FAR MORE disgusting that what Moss did. MOSS is a beast and one of the most dominating, if not the most dominating WR of all time! Great respect to him, but come Sunday Williams better strap him donw like a patient in the insane asylum! GO PACK GO

10. By wesley on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

yes sharee, they do stink. i couldnt imagine the horrible feelings i would have if my team won a superbowl then followed it with a 15-1 season. man, the inhumanity of a situation like that would be too much to bare for one large group of fans. its a good thing that the bears, vikings, and lions never have to worry about that!

11. By Sam on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

@ wesley Zing!
    @ sharee, nice try trolling on the Packers official site. You must like the pack enough to visit here at least.

12. By wesley on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

haha thanks

13. By John on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I thought the mooning episode was comical. I still get a chuckle from it. The next morning, one of my Viking fan co-workers cut out a picture in the paper of Randy pantomiming the moon. He taped it on the wall next to a picture of the Packers logo. Yes, it stung, but it was still a good joke. I get the last laugh when I remind him of our four Super Bowls and 13 overall titles. Green and Gold forever!

14. By ohbrotha on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I have to give Moss credit. He’s not the classless, punk he once was. He matured when he shut up, and grew up in New England. I’m just glad I didn’t have to go through my growing pains with the whole world watching. I’ll bet, most of us are glad too!.

A Packer fan for 45+ years, Moss along with Sayers were the only 2 opposing players I was truely afraid of.

15. By Cscannonball on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I believe Randy was showing us his more intelligent side. After all, with his IQ somewhere below freezing, that may have been the most he has used (and shown) his brains in his lifetime. Let me count the arrests.

16. By James on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Well said, John-

A couple of years ago, i finally took my 1st tour of Lambeau Field. At the end of the tour, the tour guide told us that the Packers also like to recognize the achievments of other teams within the division, and then showed us an empty glass case, explaining that it is for honoring the Vikings for their Superbowl titale thaa they have won. What made it even better is that there were Viking fans on the tour….priceless

17. By Rick on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Losing a playoff game to the Vikings at Lambeau Field is what stings. We’re getting too used to that sort of thing. Lombardi wouldn’t have it.

18. By AZJimmyPackFan on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

At the moment it happen, it made Randy look like a p.o.s, now I can laugh about it. Will he make a big enough contribution to help his team this season. I highly doubt it…..GO PACK GO.GREEN AND YELLOW!!!!!!

PACKERS=27
    49ERS=17

19. By Fish on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Max-
    Mossy boy Is and has ALWAYS been a pos. Vikes tired of his classless nonsense and eventually refuesed to resign him despite his talent.
    Raiders couldn’t wait to get rid of him and all the busted plays he brought each game by his outright refusal to go over the middle on route adjustment calls…OR outright effortless routes he’d slow jog out.
    Billechick in N.E. cut him in the middle of the season for lockeroom chemistry sake.
    He’s a classless pos, cancer, punk, quitter…period. Who doesn’t want to see him totally drilled and end up lights-out?

20. By Mark Richardson on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply