• Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection The Salvation Army will be collecting new and gently used winter coats as well as cash donations in the parking lot and at each of Lambeau Field’s gates.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions

Packers-Texans Game Recap: All Packers.com coverage

Posted by packers.com on October 15, 2012 – 10:31 am

Game Recap: Packers come to life in 42-24 win

The resurrection of the Packers offense brought the team’s season back to life with a 42-24 win over the previously undefeated Houston Texans on Sunday night. Read More

Locker Room Report: Receivers make big plays in Packers win

Maybe the Packers’ receiving corps doesn’t need Greg Jennings after all. Read More

Opinion: Points explosion sends message to NFC North

They’re back. More importantly, their quarterback is back. Read More

Game notes: Defense did it all in win

The Packers stopped the run, harassed the quarterback and got some turnovers. Read More

Packers-Texans Live Chat Transcript  Read More

Packers-Texans Video Highlights Watch

Game Photos: Packers at Texans View Photos

Packers Texans Press Box Notes Read More

20 Responses to “Packers-Texans Game Recap: All Packers.com coverage”

1. By nigeriaguest on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

ill change out of my diaper and come in the pool.

2. By northerner on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

Caught the score late last night and it looks like the Pack put a solid game together. Now continue to focus on what makes things go and us fans will enjoy watching the game again. Good job Pack.

3. By Bob on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

One game does not make a season. The Pack performed well in game 1, too! Let’s hope the players will deliver the same level of committment and effort for the remaining 10 games of the season!! For now………well done! But, now it is on to, “what have you done for me lately!”

4. By John Borkenhagen on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

# 29 Casey Hayward…Deserves notice good job!

5. By Diego on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

I haven’t seen Masthay get enough credit. He was excellent and pinned the Texans back deep every time they got the ball early in the game.

6. By mookjing881 on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

good,good,good,very good

7. By Richard1A on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

Packers suck donkey dicks in hell, what? you guys are suppose to be good, the best team football has seen! look at yuh this year, 2 games you have won. why don’t you trade or sell your c & h green stamp, wanna b team back to green bay charity foundation and let the team go under!this is the biggest gathering of loosers yet to be assembled. What, you guys hung over from eating cheese and drinking beer? Your team is so bad when you have the luxury, permission to enter Minnesota and are allowed to be on the same field as the Vikings they give out a cheese and beer alert, as in stay indoors, stay away from these stinky cheese M F’ers. Now who has the money, why are you allowed to be in the same divison as thee MN Vikings, don’t know how or who pulled it off but it is a embarrassment to see a team like the Packers. 12/2/12 we promise not to go over a hundred, and to show are sportsmanship, just to show courtesy, so you don’t get skunked we will spot you 3 points! BY Suckers (scum sucking, godless communist cheesey pigs) psst…right PackWhack!! oh yeah! its on!

8. By Richard1A on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

You know what, I do not even know if I can wait for the Vikes Packers game, I may just go to the next Cheese packer game, go through the stadium and kick each and every fans ass the next game the cheese packers play. By Prick whack!

9. By jamesroo on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

everytime i write the packers are
    bad rodgers is sliding back and entire
    team is fading fast. well the next game
    the packers come out and play great.so
    from now on i’ll write a terrible review
    about the packers attacking the entire
    team and then watch them play great.if
    we look at it the pack should at least
    be 4-2 or even 5-1(robbed at seattle).
    so thats that.

10. By Sockettuem on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

Give credit where it is due. Rodgers, Nelson and Jones. Even Green had flashes of developing talent. To no one’s surprise, Finley dropped catchable passes. Maybe we can trade him and his “bad chemistry” whine off for a decent draft pick. The O line held up reasonably well against a diminished Houston defense. Rodgers had the swagger back in his game, Nelson was outstanding and the one-handed grab by Jones was brilliant. This looked like an offense that wanted to win.

The defense actually looked better without some of the starters than it did with them. Young Casey Hayward stepped up and looked the part of a talented and capable athlete. Indeed, Tim Masthay deserves praise for his great kicks, pinning the Texans to their goal line and so too do special teams for their coverage of those great punts.

The one question that remains to be answered is do we stay here, or slide back into mediocrity? Hopefully we can look at what worked and stay on track.

11. By Cali on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

I give credit to both the offense and defense. Rodgers, Nelson and Jones where unstoppable. What suprised me more was the wasy the D shut down Foster. Even more suprising was how the back ups played. Big ups to Hayward. I love this team and they are only gettin’ better!! GO PACK GO!!

12. By Cali on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

VIKINGS SUCK!! I should find the nearest vikings fan and smash his face into the pavement. But, I don’t go around acting like a hard ass like Dick1A. I think he’s scared, otherwise he wouldn’t have a need to come to our site and act macho.

13. By Big Cheese on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

One game does not make a season, but it sure changes the attitudes of all the negative bloggers who have been visiting this site. The Pack’s performance was excellent Sunday Night, with the exception of the blocked punt, which should never happen. Cali, I agree with all you said. And as I predicted before the season started, the Queens are a joke, and they will not make the playoffs. Now let’s get ready for the Rams…

14. By Big Cheese on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

Is that Richard1A really mean Dick one arsehole? I heard a lot of those queen fans like little boys. Maybe Dick1A is really Jerry Sandusky, who somehow mangaged to get his hands on a computer instead of a little boy.

15. By 13&counting! on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

I love the rambling on from Queens fans who after 4 Super Bowl appearances have ZERO WINS.
    Even if the Queens are lucky enough to leak out a Super Bowl victory in the year 3000, the trophy accepted will have LOMBARDI”s name on it!.
    Just ask Bears fans how it felt in 1985 to accept a trophy with your arch-rivals coaches name permanently inscribed on it.
    Not IZZY’S, not HALAS, LOMBARDI!!

16. By Ky Packer Fan on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

Having lived in Minneapolis for 3 years before moving to KY, I met a lot of Viking fans. The vast majority are good people, but that Richard1A is a real Jerk. Look, Pack fans, we’re better than that; besides he probably had to much apple cider and lost all control of his sensibilities.

The game Sunday night made me very proud of our backups and the way we teach and mentor them to be ready. I would have thought that ARod would have come out as soon as he got that 6th TD. How else is Harrell going to improve if he doesn’t ever get any snaps with the A team on the turf in a game setting.

17. By Cali on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

I agree one win doesn’t make a season, but the way the season was goin’, it sure lifted everyones spirit. Can’t wait till sunday. GO PACK GO!!

18. By Richard1A on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

No, I don’t go to these extremes, honestly. There is a GreenBay Packer blogger named WhackPack I think, he comes to our site (Vikings)and does non-stop threats etc, just tired of somebody telling us our future. Don’t believe me go to the Vikings blog and read it.

19. By Cali on Oct 18, 2012 | Reply

That’s him. We’re here talkin’ Packer football. I could care less what someone does on your site. We deal with stuff like that all the time. Deal with it, we have to.

20. By calipackgirl2 on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

I luv my packers and my pack fans! NO ONE in the NFL is better than our team and fans, and I too really enjoyed the game Sunday…kept saying “Alright! the Pack is Back”! They found their rhythm again, you could tell rodgers and team in pre interviews wanted this win, they could taste it! I tell my hubby all the time (him, total cowboy fan) “see ur cowboy team will come together once you act like a team! like my packers”! Packers I believe have the TOTAL package..team, coaches, fans…where as other teams, (like cowboys) dont win games, cuz they lack the heart of teamship!
    we luv our packers in cali2!!