• Tue., Sep. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection The Salvation Army will be collecting new and gently used winter coats as well as cash donations in the parking lot and at each of Lambeau Field’s gates.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets

Long injury list means shorter practices this week

Posted by Mike Spofford on October 24, 2012 – 2:54 pm

The Packers’ injury list is rather long this week, and as a result Mike McCarthy cut practice short on Wednesday and plans to do so again on Thursday.

New to the injury report this week are WR Donald Driver (neck), FB John Kuhn (hamstring), G T.J. Lang (elbow/wrist), WR Jordy Nelson (hamstring) and C Jeff Saturday (neck). Driver and Kuhn sat out practice while the other three were limited. McCarthy said he didn’t know if any of these players were in danger of missing Sunday’s game, but he didn’t indicate any of the injuries was serious. Driver and Saturday both spoke to groups of reporters at their lockers and said they’ll be fine.

Also missing practice were WR Greg Jennings (groin), LB Nick Perry (knee), NT B.J. Raji (ankle) and CB Sam Shields (ankle). Jennings is in the process of getting a second opinion on his injury, which has forced him to miss the last three games. Raji is scheduled to do rehab work and perhaps practice on a limited basis on Thursday. McCarthy said Perry and Shields are not ready to test their injuries on Thursday and will be re-evaluated Friday, an indication they’ll both miss another game.

TE Jermichael Finley (shoulder) was a limited participant in practice, but he has played the last two weeks while listed on the injury report. QB Aaron Rodgers (calf) was a full participant in practice.

Tags:

6 Responses to “Long injury list means shorter practices this week”

1. By Emmie Rae-Minnesota on Oct 24, 2012 | Reply

“Go Pack Go” with the abundance of so many injuries you guys sure have l pulled together as a team and set an excellent example for young athletes across the country what teamwork and sportsmanship really is! Thank you for showing my sons how to play any game like a professional!

2. By Charlie Collier on Oct 25, 2012 | Reply

Next man up! Young guns make the most of your opportunitys.

3. By lambeauleaps on Oct 25, 2012 | Reply

i just want to congratulate our Packers for kicking some serious butt these last few weeks and i wanna se more and more. I love the fact that we are so deep in our positions and our “backups” are so strong and relentless. We won the Super Bowl with our “backups” and we can do it again!!

GO PACK GO!!

4. By Roger Ashley on Oct 26, 2012 | Reply

I’m a disabled Vietnam veteran. My son-in-law got us tickets for Sundays game, but I have problems walking, I use two crutches and our seats are in section 106, row 41, seats 5 & 6. Will I be able to get to those seats without bothering anyone? Also where do I put my crutches during the game, under our seats? I’m on water pills for my heart and need to use the rest room quite regular but I don’t want to bother anyone, getting in and out of the row. Should I turn down the opportunity to see the Packers, or should I just go and see what happens? I don’t want to hurt my son-in-laws feelings by turning down the chance to see our GREAT GREEN BAY PACKERS because of my handicaps.

What do I do…..

5. By Ihappydirt on Oct 26, 2012 | Reply

Roger, I would go. You need to experience this. I would talk to the people on the end of the row, and ask politely if they would switch seats with you so you wouldn’t bother them so much. Even if they won’t, seat 5 isn’t far in.

Good luck.

6. By jettech67 on Oct 27, 2012 | Reply

It is caring comments from true Packers fans that makes me proud no matter where I am currently living to say that I am a Packer fan. I love the comments about our positions being so deep with talent that even when we have significant injuries – we prevail and win games. It is an excellent example to our young and upcoming athletes and I am very proud to be from Wisconsin and will forever be a Packer fan !