• Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 12:45 PM - 1:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Paul Coffman appearance Paul Coffman is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health North Reach flu clinic on Wednesday, October 1, from 5-7 p.m., in Marinette, WI.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch)

TTZ: Mark Murphy
    Club Level: Greg Koch

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 7:25 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.) Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.)
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 10:45 PM - 11:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy, Rodgers press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium, following the Packers-Vikings matchup.

Greg Jennings pokes some fun at Brandon Marshall

Posted by Mike Spofford on December 13, 2012 – 3:41 pm

Greg JenningsPackers WR Greg Jennings was having a little fun with the media at Bears WR Brandon Marshall’s expense on Thursday.

A day earlier, Marshall challenged Green Bay’s defensive backs to cover him one-on-one, and he took exception to the characterization that any Packers DB shut him down during his two-catch performance in Week 2 because whoever was guarding him had plenty of help in other areas of the field.

Recognizing how absurd it would be to devise a game plan that would involve covering Marshall man-to-man when Marshall has 101 receptions for 1,342 yards and the next-closest Bears in each category have 36 catches and 256 yards, Jennings “challenged” the Bears defense to do the same against Green Bay’s receivers.

“Man, I wish the Bears would play us one-on-one and man-to-man,” said Jennings, howling with laughter as he said it. “Yeah, man, the Bears always play Cover 2. I think they’re scared not to play Cover 2.”

Once the laughter around his locker had subsided, Jennings acknowledged that Marshall was obviously trying to fire up his team and possibly get into the heads of the Green Bay secondary.

“What receiver doesn’t want to get played man-to-man coverage the entire game?” Jennings said. “Your pride (as a defensive back) wants to say ‘I can guard you man-to-man,’ but why do it? Why do it when you don’t have to? That’s why we’re a team. We help one another.”

Tags: , ,

28 Responses to “Greg Jennings pokes some fun at Brandon Marshall”

1. By Tay on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Sweet Jennings. Well said! That’s a team attitude

2. By Kereck on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

That why we need to resign him.all about team

3. By Jon on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

TEAM! YES!!….Owned by the community – and playing in unity.

4. By NlGERIACUEST on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

It only takes about three weeks to collect and store enough urine to take a bath in it! I personally store my specimens in the refridgerator. Quite refreshing.

5. By milo on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Bears will beat pack this time

6. By opie on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Keep Jennings! Well said man! I want Packers fans and especially OWNERS to start speaking up about keeping Jennings. The front office NEEDS to know how loved his is and how much the fan base wants him to stay. KEEP JENNINGS!! As fans we have a voice, we just have to USE IT! Go Pack!

7. By John on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

I’m not entirely sure who is going to win though as a Packer fan I would prefer the Packers. It will be a good game as a lot is riding on it and these two teams always play each other tough.

Having said that…I really think the Packers are playing tough and coming together making them tough to beat. Personally, I do not think the loss of Woodson makes one bit of difference unless it makes the defense better. The injury that is unfortunate is Jordys. The guy just comes through game after game.

8. By RustyDraper on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Your blog leaves a lot to be desired. Please stop advertising it here.

9. By dr jay on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

marshall is a tool

10. By Pack4ever12 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Totally

11. By Chris on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Packers will defeat the bears, but we’ll just let the team decide and it all depends on their attitude and how they play. Which will be a huge success for the team on Sunday. Just leave it all to the players!
    GO PACK GO!

12. By Luke on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

@opie… community Owners have no say in team business, so your little rant will not help. Regardless, I would like to see Jennings back as well. Marshall on the other hand… is a complete tool and needs to get lit up Sunday afternoon. I mean, I want that guy seeing stars.

13. By corncob on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Marshall is just trying to invite controversy and get inside players heads. The Pack just needs to go in there and take care of business the way they know how. If they can establish a running game, the cover 2 will not be in place and there should be plenty on one on one opportunities to prove who can cover who!!! This game is very important and the Bears will do whatever they can to gain just any advantage…

14. By Dan0 on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Ok Packer fans, lets get real about how much you pay a wide receiver. Jennings would have to take a huge hometown discount to stay. We will have to pay Clay, BJ and most importantly Rodgers in the next couple of years. We cannot afford to pay Jennings 10Mil a year. Just like DD will have to retire next year. No way you pay him a 1-2 mil to sit on the bench as the number 5 receiver which is where he is at.

15. By RodneyPaulson on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Man, you should live down here outside Chicago. The blame game is overwhelming. Reading Jennings comments made me smile and laugh. No doubt who will win Sunday. Go Pack!

16. By mr knowit all on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

I wouldn’t suggest anyone to live in Chicago, place sucks big time!

17. By Bart Starr fan on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

A lot of big talk by the pack this week, we’ll see sunday what their made of.I live in the chicago area and will be at work at the firehouse with a bunch of bears fans. don’t let me down pack!

18. By Pete on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

I agree, nothing hits the spot like a poo sandwich and a frothy glass of urine

19. By 1fans2allfans on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Chicago is actually a nice city. I live in Milwaukee and we visit Chicago all the time for fun.

The rice let between Packers fans and Bears fans is a friendly one.

Try wearing a Packers jersey in Chicago and you will actually make a lot of new friends.

20. By you suck! on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

you are an ignorant DUMBASS kid. why don’t you peddle your crappy blog somemore and STFU

21. By Rusty Draper on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Keep the faith Milo, I know I will, go Pack. I find all the banter quite entertaining . I hope you keep me laughing all the way to the Super Bowl. Brandon Marshall is just trying to endear himself to you Bear fans.Everyone knows this game is going to be played out on the field, not in the heads of the players. Thanks for making it a fun week, now go on Packers beat those Bears !

22. By ed on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

you never can tell with a packer bears game .I HOPE THE PACK WINS BIG and silence the bs. very tired of marshall and cutler.GO pack go

23. By NOTTHATRODGERS on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Greg Jennings definitely needs to be resigned and rewarded
    for his total “TEAM 1st” mentality, not to mention every thing he’s done as outstanding NFL wideout.

24. By packers on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

go pack go and jennings is a beast

25. By Trish Zeinert on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

GO, BEARS, GO!!!

AND TAKE THE CUBS WITH YOU!!!

26. By jbech on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

Two things to take into consideration in this game, first and foremost Urlacher is not playing. He is a physical and mental force on the Bears, and they miss him greatly when he’s not playing. Secondly Cutler is one of the easiest quarterbacks to rattle into making mistakes if given enough pressure, and the Packers seem to be able to do that well, against the Bears at least… and with Matthews back that task may even be easier now.

27. By Princess on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

I hope they resign Jennings… He has a team sports attitude and I think he would continue o be an asset to the Green Bay franchise!!! Welcome back Greg!!!

28. By Joy Ollier on Dec 17, 2012 | Reply

I recently spent a weekend in Chicago-love the city. I wore my Packers coat and carried a Packer purse. There was a few good natured comments, but nothing mean.