• Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 12:45 PM - 1:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Paul Coffman appearance Paul Coffman is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health North Reach flu clinic on Wednesday, October 1, from 5-7 p.m., in Marinette, WI.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch)

TTZ: Mark Murphy
    Club Level: Greg Koch

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 7:25 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.) Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.)
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 10:45 PM - 11:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy, Rodgers press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium, following the Packers-Vikings matchup.

Six Packers lead NFC Pro Bowl fan voting at their positions

Posted by Mike Spofford on December 20, 2012 – 10:29 am

Led by QB Aaron Rodgers, who earned the fifth-most votes overall in the recently concluded fan voting for the Pro Bowl, six Packers pulled in the most votes at their respective positions.

The other position leaders in the NFC are FB John Kuhn, C Jeff Saturday, KR Randall Cobb, OLB Clay Matthews and SS Charles Woodson.

Voting by the players and coaches has not yet been tabulated. Fan voting counts one-third in the selection process for the Pro Bowl rosters, which will be announced next Wednesday.

As the top NFC QB, Rodgers finished fifth overall in the fan voting with 777,827 votes. Leading the way was Broncos QB Peyton Manning (993,045), followed by Patriots QB Tom Brady (980,099), Texans RB Arian Foster (829,591) and Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (828,255).

Tags: , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Six Packers lead NFC Pro Bowl fan voting at their positions”

1. By Tarlam on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Fans shouldn’t be allowed to vote at all. For the most part, they are not influenced by what they see on the field, and more by what they read.

Most can’t be objective enough to give kudos to a rival team’s players, either.

2. By david on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

wood is one of my favorite players in the league, but c’mon man he hasn’t played but 3 games this year lol

3. By Lombardi on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Tarlam and david, you guys are spot on.

4. By Colin on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

The reason fans get a vote is so there will be interest in a game that doesn’t have any interest after the voting is concluded.

5. By packerphil in floridq on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Hey we got 6 great players accounted for. But our leader Mr. Woodson has only played a limited role. Raji has played large role. Cobb, and even ol’ Hawk have played upper class..Pickett has played with all he has. I really like Woodson, but dont think he should be there just on reputation alone.

6. By WI TO OH on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I respect our rival (Bears) enough to vote for Tillman. And I agree about Wood, he hasn’t played enough so all those votes are just because he’s our guy. Like the team, I love him to death but haven’t seen enough to garner a vote.

7. By B52-Claymaker on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

What a difference Clay Matthews makes. Thank God he’s back. In my opinion, could easily have been defensive player of the year if he played every game. Please stay healthy for the playoffs Clay!

8. By KB on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I only voted for the players I felt deserved to go from the Packers. Rodgers, Sitton, Cobb, Matthews,Burnett, Ginger wolverine, and I would of voted for Hayward if I could of.

No other player really deserves to go. I mean I wouldn’t think it would be insane if players like Williams, and maybe Raji went but if Kuhn wins again I will just be annoyed. Any1 that has seen him run block this year knows he shouldn’t go. He isn’t much of a threat out of the backfield and his only real strength is pass blocking.

Raji I would of said know way if you asked me the first half of the year but recently has been much better. He made it last year which was insane. He had a really down year and started this year the same way.

9. By James Kopesky on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

James Jones?

10. By Jamal Dorn on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

Yea Charles Woodson is a problem for all offenses, when he’s playing. But C’mon Man. I voted for Rodgers, Cobb, Jones, and Mathstay about 8 times, because those 4 deserve to be in the Pro bowl

11. By Dan Nelson on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

Remember… like baseball this is an all STAR game…not an all best player game… it seems to me that this game traditionally has been played only for the fans, and I suppose an excuse to spend a week in Hawaii…

12. By Steve on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

Casey Hayward baby!

13. By DJ on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

I know that was a typo, should have been Williams not Woodson

14. By Mike from Chicago on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

How about Mason Crosby? Just kidding. Hope he gets over his slump soon. Masthay is having one heck of a year though, he should be considered.