• Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 10:45 AM - 11:15 AM CDT Live McCarthy Press Conf.

10:45 a.m.                   Head Coach Mike McCarthy available in Media Auditorium

• Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 12:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 9:15 AM - 9:45 AM CDT Live Thompson Press Conf.

9:15 a.m.                     GM Ted Thompson available in Media Auditorium

• Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Gilbert Brown Appearance

Gilbert Brown

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Sargento-Meijer's appearance

Oak Creek, WI
  • Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM CDT Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:30 - 5pm

Green Bay Packers Bishop’s Charities Game

Meet and Greet Autograph Table

Oneida Nation Gate, Lambeau Field

• Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game)

Charles Woodson aiming for next week

Posted by Mike Spofford on December 21, 2012 – 3:35 pm

Charles WoodsonPackers DB Charles Woodson has been ruled out again for Sunday’s game, leaving him only one more opportunity to return to the field prior to the playoffs.

Woodson, who hasn’t played since breaking his collarbone in St. Louis on Oct. 21, expects to take the field next Sunday in Minnesota and sounds anxious to do so.

“I just want to get in the game,” Woodson said. “It’s been way too long. I’ve been watching too much football from the sidelines. Even though they’re great seats, I’d much rather be playing.”

That said, Woodson doesn’t feel he’ll need a lot of time to get himself playoff-ready. The 15-year veteran has no doubts he can step right back in to Dom Capers’ defense and be an effective player. He said he’s done every drill in practice over the last few weeks, and a game is “the only drill left.”

“Next week will kind of take care of itself, and we’ll see if we should get out there and run around a little bit,” Woodson said. “I feel like whenever the time comes, I can go out there. I know how to play football. I know the defense, so when that time comes, I’ll be ready.”

If Woodson does indeed play next week at Minnesota, one of the first hits to his healed collarbone could come from Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, one of the league’s most punishing runners who could be trying to break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards.

That could make for a rude and rather dangerous return after missing eight games, but Woodson acknowledged that’s part of being a pro, handling those mental hurdles.

“Once you get into the game, I think all of those thoughts kind of flee your mind,” he said. “I’ll think about it for sure before I get out there on the field, but once I get out there on the field, it’s time to play football.”

Injury update: The Packers have listed RB Alex Green as questionable this week coming off a concussion. Green didn’t practice all week and hasn’t been medically cleared yet, but Mike McCarthy was anticipating Green would get clearance before Sunday. That said, it could be a heavy dose of Ryan Grant and DuJuan Harris in the ground game for Sunday.

DE Jerel Worthy (hamstring) is also listed as questionable. Worthy returned to practice on Friday after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday.

Tags: ,