• Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 12:45 PM - 1:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Paul Coffman appearance Paul Coffman is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health North Reach flu clinic on Wednesday, October 1, from 5-7 p.m., in Marinette, WI.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch)

TTZ: Mark Murphy
    Club Level: Greg Koch

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 7:25 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.) Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.)
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 10:45 PM - 11:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy, Rodgers press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium, following the Packers-Vikings matchup.

Quotes from Green Bay Packers 2013 Pro Bowlers

Posted by Duke Bobber on December 26, 2012 – 7:18 pm

121226-rodgers-pro-bowl-600

QUARTERBACK AARON RODGERS

(what the recognition means to him)
“It’s an honor to be voted in, knowing that it’s a combination of the fans, my fellow players and the coaches. To be recognized by all of those people, it’s pretty special.”

(on dealing with some changes this season as far as injuries, roster moves, etc.)
“I’ve always put a lot of pressure on myself to play well every week. I have high expectations, I know this organization and my teammates do as well, they expect me to play well. We’ve had some personnel changes and injuries this year, but guys have stepped up and we’ve been fortunate to keep it rolling. I know I personally prepare to be successful, Monday through Saturday, and I think that’s why you see some of the success on the field on Sundays. I put a lot of time into it, I care about it, it means a lot to me, and I know my teammates are counting on me to play well every week.”

121226-matthews-pro-bowl-600

LINEBACKER CLAY MATTHEWS

(his reaction to being selected)
“It means a great deal to me to continue to maintain the success on a personal level year-in and year-out, but ultimately this is a testament to the team that we have. The players around me, the coaching staff, the personnel department, and everybody who is involved with allowing me to do the things I can do on the field and helping to put me in a position to excel.”

(on being the first Packer to be selected to the Pro Bowl each of his first four seasons in the NFL)
“It’s pretty special to hear something like that. Obviously, there have been so many great players to have come through here, so it is very meaningful. But to me, making the Pro Bowl again really speaks a great deal to the team we have and what we’ve been able to accomplish over these past four years in my short tenure here. Hopefully it’s an early foreshadowing of things to come as far as the success not only for myself, but for this team.”

121226-saturday-pro-bowl-600

CENTER JEFF SATURDAY

(what the recognition means to him)
“Obviously, it’s always an honor. Anytime you get to go to the Pro Bowl, it is an honor and you appreciate everyone, the players, coaches and fans that voted for you. As an offensive lineman, it is nice to get the award.”

(what it has been like for him to be with a new organization and new teammates)
“It has been fun. I have enjoyed the young guys and playing next to new guys for me. I am disappointed for Josh Sitton; I think he should be there. It is disappointing for me, for him. I would love to be able to pass it to him. He is a tough player and has played very well all season. I respect the heck out of the way he has played and it has been fun to play next to him. I’ve had fun playing with T.J. (Lang) and Evan (Dietrich-Smith). These guys have been a lot of fun to play with and obviously you depend on those guys. They make you look a lot better on game film, so I am very appreciative to those guys as well.”

Tags: , , ,

16 Responses to “Quotes from Green Bay Packers 2013 Pro Bowlers”

1. By Disappointed on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

I don’t understand what McCarthy is doing with Jeff. The guy gets selected to the product bowl but coach doesn’t think he is good enough to start?
    This is just another example of McCarthy poor decision making…has been on going all season.

2. By Gouda on Dec 26, 2012 | Reply

Disappointed. The fans vote players into the pro bowl and fans don’t always know what they are talking about, you included. Jeff is 37 years old and at the tail end of his career. They picked him up to fill the center void until Evan was ready to take over. He is younger, stronger and better in the run game, not to mention that he has been battling shoulder and neck injuries and was missing alot of practice.

Maybe you should check over all the facts before you start questioning our head coach.

11-4 and we have a chance to lock up 2nd seed. I’d say Mike knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

3. By matt on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Its good to know we have some people who know what they are talking about @ Gouda

4. By hawgnsonstv on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

lol … gotta LOVE those couch potato coaches/GM’s.

5. By GO PACK GO on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

It just shows how great this team is when our back-up center gets a pro bowl selection.

6. By Guypack on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Dissapointed would rather have a genius coach like Norv Turner who has ruined 3 franchises? McCarthy is the best coach since Holgren. End of story. I hope he stays with the Packers and continues to give us great football as he has since getting rid of a certain »Mississipi hick…

7. By Ron on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Jeff is living on his past recognition. Most fans vote with their heart, not their head.
    He should not be a Pro Bowler.
    McCarthy is making the right moves. You need to think 3 or 4 steps ahead in order to keep the organization strong and growing.
    EDS may not be the center next year. It may end up being a draft choice. Stay tuned. MM and TT forgot more about football than any of us will ever know and understand.

8. By Rick on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Who the heck is this “Duke Bobber” guy, anyway?

9. By B52-Claymaker on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Can’t say enough about Clay Matthews III. Hope his name will someday make its way to the Packer Hall of Fame and maybe even the NFL Hall of fame. Stay healthy for the playoffs Clay! Go Pack Go!

10. By bennie on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

WHAT HAPPENED TO JAMES JONES?

11. By Dave on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

You’re right bennie. Jones got a bit of a job there. He doesn’t have huge yardage this year, but leads the NFL in a pretty important category – 13 TDs.

12. By Yomammy on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I got ripped a few weeks ago. Then Aaron nearly got hurt. Clearly Mac knows how to coach.

13. By Bob on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Disappointed. There are going to be several coaching jobs coming available next week. Be sure to have your resume ready. Don’t forget to include your blogs so they can see your expertise.

14. By MontanaPackfan on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Good one Bob…gotta love these TT/MM wannabees?

Roll on Green Roll on

15. By Barb on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Love Cobb, but how about the rest of our receivers?? Packers have been tough because we spread it around. Now you just have to watch Cobb, cause he’s the only one Aaron wants to throw to.

16. By GO PACK GO on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I say that there was alot of other player’s on our team that should of made it one COBB. I mean come on he is a beast anyway GO PACK GO