• Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions
  • Mon., Sep. 22, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Monday, September 22, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT Humana playground build (morning session)

Scheduled to appear: Andrew Quarless and Casey Hayward

• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Humana playground build (afternoon session) Scheduled to appear: Datone Jones and Micah Hyde
  • Sat., Sep. 27, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Packers Everywhere pep rally (Chicago)

Packers fans 21 years and older are invited to bring the spirit of Green Bay to Chicago a day early with a free Packers Everywhere Pep Rally. Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy will take part in the pre-gameday excitement by greeting fans and participating in a Q-and-A session with Wayne Larrivee, the radio voice of the Packers. Packers alumni Mark Chmura and Don Beebe will also be at the rally to socialize with fans, sign autographs and discuss their thoughts on the next day’s game against the Bears. A round-table discussion with Packers.com writers Vic Ketchman, Mike Spofford and the audience will conclude the event.

• Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Chicago Bears Packers at Chicago Bears

Sitton, Crosby back at practice Thursday

Posted by Mike Spofford on December 27, 2012 – 12:38 pm

G Josh Sitton (concussion) and K Mason Crosby (illness), who both missed Wednesday’s practice, were back on the practice field on Thursday, though it appeared in the portion open to the media that Sitton was very limited in his activities.

The Packers were practicing in pads, their last padded practice of the regular season and their first in a few weeks. WR Randall Cobb (ankle/knee) was not practicing, nor was CB Davon House (shoulder). RB James Starks (knee) also remained out.

Tags: , , , ,

18 Responses to “Sitton, Crosby back at practice Thursday”

1. By Scott on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Hey..can Devon House ever stay healthy?

2. By Bob on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Crosby probably has a case of the Russian illness, “cant-get-the-kick-off!” I have a premonition that the Pack fails to become Super Bowl Champs because Mason will miss a kick at a crucial point in some game. Then, and only then, will MM get the message!

3. By Tarlam on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Funny Bob! Except the premonition; that’s not funny!

4. By northerner on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

How many games consecutively has Starks been available to play over the past couple of seasons? Turf toe, ankle, knee, concussion and whatever else. High risk player and hasn’t done much this season. I hope the Pack drafts a solid running back this next spring. I hope the packers have contacted the kid that can kick, kick and really kick from every angle with some real accuracy.

5. By Beto on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

The Packers are gonna be just fine…they are only gonna get better. They are peaking at the right time. Go Pack Go!

6. By Scott Bell on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Bob, You know something that always amazes me is armchair coaches and QB’s like yourself with your big beer gut and remote in hand thinking they know more than one of the best coaches in the NFL.

7. By Fred on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

I think we should enjoy what we have, a great team, peaking at the right time, with a very good coach who never, ever throws his players under the bus. I have a premonition that Mason is going to kick one to get us a big win on our way to the super bowl!

8. By Canadian Bill on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Nothing wrong with Mason or Starks. Everyone goes through a low point whether with injuries or with some inconsistency. Thats why you must have depth and that is what the Packers do have otherwise they would not be where they are. Wonder what the Kansas City Chief fans must be thinking year after year or any one of the other perennial doormats. Lets be happy with what we have and who knows what will happen during the playoffs

9. By Rod on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

I’m in agreement that at somepoint in post season Mason Crosby will be crucial. And I’m very confident he’ll make the kick. Beyond the loyalty Mike earns with all his players, there’s some common sense. There are very few, if any kickers available with both leg strength and playoff experience. I’ll go with Crosby.

10. By johnkersting on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I have to agree with those saying we are peaking at the right time, many players are rotating on every team, this is a brutal, bloody sport. Injuries plagued us on the superbowl run and will again, but we proved we can win. I am very nervous too, but let’s stay positive and cheer the best team and coaching (mostly!) in the NFL. We can make it all the way and new faces and old faces have been helping all along at just the right time…..

11. By Chuck on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I have never seen so much Loyalty from a coach to a kicker! We all know its in Masons head and as much as I want to 2nd guess coach and GM. Who is out there right now to pick up as a kicker? I thought we would do this during the bye week.I do not know who is (kicker) available and ready to go? They have won me over in the past two years (Mike and Ted), two more good seasons and another Super Bowl and we get the “Dynasty” tag! Hard to believe with all the injuries to starters, and a kicker that can’t kick this year (reminds me of the Natural with the Psychciatrist the ball is your friend :))that we are in the position we are in right now. Speaking of loyalty I have never seen so much badly misplaced loaylty as I see from Rex Ryan to Mark Sanchez. Not a fan but Crosby situation drew a parallel as they both suck this year, but no changes were made. Ryan must hate Tebow who has only won everywhere he plays so disregard the stats becasue W’s are what counts. Here is hoping for a Victory for the Pack Sunday! No one wants to play a divisional opponent three times in a year. I remember the last time this happened with Minnesota at Lambeau. Happy New Year – Chuck

12. By tom on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Chill out. Crosby will set many scoring records for the Packers. Support him through this short period.

13. By Larry on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Hey Chuck, how about the NFC Championship with the Bears 2 years ago ? ? ?

14. By Bob on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Crosby will be fine. You pessimists are probably the same ones that wanted to run James Jones out of town and didn’t like Ryan Grant, and what was wrong with Clay Matthews last year. This year you’re on their bandwagon. All three are looking great going into the final regular season game. Good thing you people didn’t watch them in the 70’s and 80’s. Enjoy what you have.

15. By Bob on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Scott Bell: First, I don’t have a beer gut (speaking for yourself, maybe?!?!) and MM might be one of BETTER coaches in the league, but his determination to stick with Crosby may be his Achilles Heel! Crosby’s stats speak (loudly)for themselves. The Pack needs to draft an explosive running back and a kicker in the spring!

16. By Butch Riley on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

I spent $200 on the first Packer stock sale offered back in the 90’s. My friends said I had just thrown away $200 for worthless stock. My response was that I thoroughly enjoy watching and following the Packers throughout the season and year, and if that $200 will help them get to 10-6 or better every year and get into the playoffs, then it was well worth it. That’s roughly $13 a game for only one season and I am positive the Packers put that money to good use strengthing the team and improving their facilities – isn’t that a good investment now?? Or would you rather them be 4-12 and the laughing stock of the league?

17. By Kenny on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

I just hope, that Mason figures out what’s not going in his favor and is able to fix it. I like Crosby and want him back next year! Take the “bye” week Mason and get mentally health for the playoffs. Coach give him a week off and send him vacation to relax.

18. By Keith on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

Everyone is talking how Mason is terrible but last season he was automatic from any distance in the past i think he will be get better and it will be a shame if he goes and kicks for another team and does well