• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch)

TTZ: Mark Murphy
    Club Level: Greg Koch

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 7:25 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.) Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.)
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 10:45 PM - 11:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy, Rodgers press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium, following the Packers-Vikings matchup.
  • Tue., Oct. 07, 2014 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Jarrett Boykin appearance Jarrett Boykin is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health Algoma flu clinic on Tuesday, October 7, from 4-6 p.m., in Algoma, Wis.
  • Tue., Oct. 07, 2014 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM CDT Shields appearance Sam Shields is scheduled to appear at Kohl's Home Store in Menomonee Fall, Wis., on Tuesday, Oct. 7, from 6-8 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 08, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila appearance Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health flu shot clinic on Wednesday, October 8, from 5-7 p.m., at the Bond Gym Center in Oconto, Wis.

Mason Crosby feels momentum for playoffs

Posted by Mike Spofford on January 2, 2013 – 4:09 pm

Mason CrosbyPackers K Mason Crosby knows he could be in a very different situation right now. All he has to do is look at the San Francisco 49ers, who signed veteran K Billy Cundiff this week amidst regular K David Akers’ struggles.

The Packers didn’t go that route during Crosby’s midseason slump. They maintained their confidence in him and let him work his way out of it, and he’s rewarded that trust with four straight successful field goals over the last two games, including two clutch kicks last week at the Metrodome — a 51-yarder on the final play of the first half and a 40-yarder to tie the score early in the fourth quarter.

“I’ve known since I’ve been here that I’m in a special place,” said Crosby, who was a sixth-round draft choice in 2007. “I’m doing a lot of good things here and I’ve done a lot in the past and I want to continue to do that. The relationships that we’ve formed here as a team, I don’t think you get that very many places.”

Crosby said he wouldn’t have found any extra motivation had the Packers brought in another kicker to compete with him and possibly take his job. He said he gets his motivation internally and through the support of his teammates, whom he doesn’t want to let down.

“I have plenty of motivation. This is what I do for a living. This is what I love to do,” he said. “I look at my teammates every day. I didn’t have to look at another kicker to say I want to make kicks, I want to get my job done. I look at the guys in this locker room and the group of guys that I get to come to work with very day, and that was enough motivation for me.”

Crosby added that he likes the vibe around the team this week as the playoffs approach, saying the players can feel a “buzz.” Last week’s loss was difficult, but at this point there’s no looking back.

“It hurt us. We wanted to win last week. We put a lot into it, a lot of heart into that game,” Crosby said. “For us, it’s a quick move on. We get another crack at it here, at home, at Lambeau, and you can feel it from the guys here that we’re ready to make a run.”

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “Mason Crosby feels momentum for playoffs”

1. By GB AND ISU FAN on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

Time To Put Fear in AP’s Eyes! Just having Woodson back will change The look of this team. He is a special player . A great motivater…A great leader…A great play maker. One the top 5 players in team history!!! Welcome back Charles! Lets go ‘D’… Pete, is only human, Go out there and hit him, And get us another Lombardi trophy! Just Win Baby! GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. By jollier on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

I have great faith in Mason. I hope that he can have faith in himself. Packer fans are not fickle and still support him.

3. By Gomez on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

We believe in you, Mason.

4. By N!G3R1AGEST on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

my gas smells of sulfur and methane, what a dream!

5. By Samuel Resz on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

I’m glad Crosby seems to be doing better. Hope that continues in the playoffs.

6. By Darrell on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

Please! Someone tackle Peterson…I know he’s strong, but we have to tackle him in order to win! Let’s go!

7. By john on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

He ran and ran and ran and ran….

8. By Packers fans on Jan 2, 2013 | Reply

I hope Mason do better next. We Packers can win Vikings.

9. By Megan on Jan 3, 2013 | Reply

Crosby has been an amazing and consistent kicker through the years. I’m glad the coaches and fans continue to see that. Go Pack Go!(:

10. By Jeremiah on Jan 3, 2013 | Reply

I am a die hard packer fan but Mason talks a big game… How would not bringing in another kicker to possibly take his job not motivate a person? He’s just putting up a front because he knows if they brought in another kicker, as they should, he would probably lose his job. He just wants to sound like its no big deal to the packers don’t bring someone in to compete w him. I understand that he’s been good in the past but football is always about the “now” moment. His teammates don’t have full confidence in him but they won’t say that to him or the media. Just wait till a game comes down to a final kick and he loses it for us.. Y’all won’t be saying that its ok because he was so consistent before… He needs to go..

11. By Hud on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

I like Mason as much as the next guy but let’s be honest, if it comes down to a FG from 40 yards tomorrow night to win, how many of you are really confident he will knock in through the cross bars? Seriously, look at the 49ers. They are bringing in Cundiff to challenge Akers due to Akers poor play as of late. If we lose in the playoffs by a fg, then we have no one to blame but McCarthy. Maybe it feels good to follow your heart, but using your brain is what wins games.

12. By Dave on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

Crosby is back in the groove for the playoffs! Kudos to the Packers for sticking with him. Also, we can stop Peterson if we keep him in he middle. It’s when he gets outside that causes problems tackling and big gains for the Vikes.

13. By Dan on Jan 4, 2013 | Reply

As in any sport, you never can be certain. Like 4′ putts? never slice? Flub an overhead? You get my point?!
    Fact is Crosby is a great talent and yes he hit the YIPS. Seems to have got things straight now.
    Am I nervous about a fg? Sure