• Tue., Sep. 30, 2014 1:35 PM - 1:50 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 12:45 PM - 1:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Paul Coffman appearance Paul Coffman is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health North Reach flu clinic on Wednesday, October 1, from 5-7 p.m., in Marinette, WI.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch)

TTZ: Mark Murphy
    Club Level: Greg Koch

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 7:25 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.) Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.)

Wide receivers all return to practice on Thurs.

Posted by Mike Spofford on January 10, 2013 – 1:52 pm

All three Packers WRs who missed practice on Wednesday were back on the field Thursday during the portion of the workout open to the media.

Jordy Nelson (ankle), Randall Cobb (illness) and Jarrett Boykin (ankle) all returned to practice for the final day of preparations for Saturday night’s NFC Divisional Playoff game in San Francisco.

Also, rookie S Jerron McMillian (personal issue) was back on the practice field Thursday as well.

Mike McCarthy will address the media one final time this week following practice.

Post-practice update: Boykin actually is listed as “did not participate,” even though he was dressed and had his helmet with him at practice. McCarthy said he would not be ready this week.

Cobb and Nelson were both listed as limited, and it’s expected both will be available to play. McCarthy said Cobb is still under the weather a bit but he should be fine. Nelson ran several deep routes and “looked pretty good,” McCarthy said.

“We’ll be good to go come Saturday,” Nelson said. “Guys are ready to go.”

Tags: ,

27 Responses to “Wide receivers all return to practice on Thurs.”

1. By Tarlam on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Well, I guess Donald will be serving refreshments again this week, and not playing with the stars. And before you shred me, I own three DD jerseys, I adore the guy!

2. By PackerFreak on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Tarlam..Driver is a legendary Packer player, but simply does not provide the Packers with their best 46 active players on gameday. 4th and 5th wide recievers need to play special teams, and Donald doesn’t do those things.

3. By Darrell on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I’m excited for this weekend, just like I was last weekend. This is what we as Packer fans have been waiting for, another chance to prove that we’re a good team and get one step closer to another championship!

4. By Tarlam on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

PackerFreak, I wasn’t lamenting at all in my post, but I am guessing many Driver fans will be very critical. I was merely pointing out what now seems to be a certainty. I understand the reasons, and you’ve provided an outstanding synopsis. Earlier in the season, I suspected they wanted to keep the old guy fresh; now I realiaze, TT used him as insurance only, and more or less rewarded him with a final contract for time served.

5. By Lawrence on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I agree Tarlam.However, I would love to see some DD this week because I feel like at a crucial point for a slant route he still serves as one of the BEST slant receivers we have including 85.

6. By Canadian Bill on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

All positive with the receivers. We need them all to be healthy. Go Pack

7. By ATC4life on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

All I want to say is here we go again…another legendary player kicked to the sideline!!! For all he has done for the organization they could have at least allowed Driver one play in which could have been his last game in Green bay…no respect!!!! One last thing experience means allot this time of year and DD knows how to get things done…He will forever be at the top of my Packers favorite player Top 3 for sure…”GO PACK GO”

8. By gbpfan4life on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Honest Question: Remember the game, or games when we saw Driver lose
    his skills and thought he shouldn’t play?
    Honest Answer: Nope!

9. By PackFan79 on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

Remember last year when DD was the ONLY WR on the team doing anything right in the playoff game?

10. By Fearthabeer on Jan 10, 2013 | Reply

I’m with you PackFan79. Driver was the only one to show up last year vs. Giants in the playoffs. The thing bout’ it is that Cobb and Jones are just better weapons at this point. Don’t feel bad for Double D. When we win another Lombardi he’ll get a ring.

11. By Kenny on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

With Boykin out, Driver may play, if Cobb handles all the kick return duties. If Ross is returning kickoffs, I would expect Driver to be Inactive again this week.

12. By Rowdy on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

My all time favorite Packers play was DD’s 61 yard TD against the 49er’s in the throwback jersey’s a couple of years ago. I for one would LOVE to see a repeat of that this weekend, but I also don’t expect to see DD on the field. :(

13. By RLR1006 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

One has to realize it is time for him to hang up the jock strap. Just as it was with Favre several years ago. As much as any Packer fan hates to see it, the time has come. But, as with both players, the memories will be there on the VCR while we relax in the recliner with a cold one and think about what was.

14. By john on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Time marches on. Focus people…it’s not so much about the receivers as much as whether or not the defense will show up. Rodgers can get the ball to a LOT of people.

15. By Twanno on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Ross seemed to handle kickoffs well, I’d give him a shot at doing it full time this weekend. It would help keep Cobb a little more fresh for his receiver duties. It’s exciting to see Woodson back as well, he should throw a wrench in Harbaugh’s plans.

16. By john on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Tarlam I also have a DD jersey along with 52 12 4 and the best 92 signed but in all honesty Driver was awsome when younger and with Farve now there in a new generation and the guys playing now are the ones that play with him and know how he runs the offense Driver will go out with a HUGE Celebration from all of the Packer and honestly all football fans around whitch he definetly deserves. But right now its time to go for the big game!!!!!!!!

17. By PintoVega on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

The Donald gave 100% on every play. I watch every game and find myself saying at least 2-3 times “The Donald would have caught that!”

18. By Tim S on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Remember when they offered Favre a contract to be the “Face of the Packers”? I sincerely hope that Driver is kept around for years to come in a similar capacity.

19. By Angie Iverson on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I ABSOLUTELY can NOT stand the thought of leaving DD out of yet another game!!! Come on you guys!!!!!! Most of our players today, LEARNED a great deal from this Legend!!!! He has EVERY Right to play football, until HE himself says he should/will be done!!!!! I’m sitting in tears as I type this even!!! WTF is wrong with our team??????? Stand Up Packers and Defend our Donald Driver!!!!! <3 You DD

20. By Pablo48 on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

I don’t understand that you keep a seasoned, dependable, trustworthy veteran like D.D. on the sidelines in plain clothes when you have 3 recovering “starters” missing practice the week before the big game….?? D.D. is a weapon that should at least be in the quiver.

21. By Rockin Rod on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

We have great offensive weapons…If Rodgers gets the time. If the line can’t protect, it’s going to be a long night.

22. By happypacker on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

DD is one of my Favorites, Yes I have been dissapointed this year with his playing time, he is one of the packer greats, and will always be. We have been to several training camps over the years, who is last out there and still working when everyone goes in for the day. Donald, working with the rookies. I was really impressed with that. As much as he loves the game let him play, I hope when he decides to retire, its from the Packers no where else. Go DD.

23. By JudyV on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

Shame on you Mike McCarthy if you do not play Donald Driver. If you want 100%+ effort and loyalty from your players,you need to reciprocate. Donald Driver has always given more than 100% to the team and helped make it the great team it has become. The least the team can do for him is allow him to play

24. By Ky Packer Fan on Jan 11, 2013 | Reply

MM will say he has to choose what he thinks is the best roster to give the team the best chance to win, period. Win and move ahead, loose and go home until next year; bottom line.

25. By nikogrande on Jan 12, 2013 | Reply

DD will always be my favorite Packer and part of this because he does not share any of the same sentiments as his fans. All he cares about is a Packer victory. Ask him yourself. He already knows everybody loves him and that’s why he loves us.

26. By Sue on Jan 13, 2013 | Reply

Really sorry to see Donald retire. Donald you have a great smile and I love it. I have your fathead on my hallway wall with that big smile. I get to look at you every morning. You always gave a 100%. God Bless You and your Family in the days ahead.

1. 1 Trackback(s)