WR Jarrett Boykin (ankle) has been ruled out for Saturday night’s game on the final injury report released by the Packers on Friday. The only other player listed as out is DE Jerel Worthy (knee), who has already been reported as done for the season.
Everyone else on the Packers’ injury report is probable and expected to play. That list includes WRs Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson, TE Jermichael Finley, RBs Alex Green and James Starks, and LBs Clay Matthews and Dezman Moses.
The 49ers’ injury report lists everybody as probable. Click here for the full injury report.
Tags: #GBvsSF, injury report, san francisco 49ers
Posted in Packers.com Blog
Greene is one of 15 modern-era finalists to join two senior nominees — one of whom is former Packers LB Dave Robinson — for consideration for election to the Class of 2013 when the selection committee meets the day before the Super Bowl.
The selection committee will elect a class of between four and seven members. No more than five can come from the 15 modern-era finalists. A class of six or seven can be achieved if the senior nominees are also chosen.
Greene has reached the semifinalist stage since 2008 and was named a finalist for the first time last year.
Here is the complete list of finalists:
· Larry Allen – G/T – 1994-2005 Dallas Cowboys; 2006-07 San Francisco 49ers
· Jerome Bettis – RB – 1993-95 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams; 1996-2005 Pittsburgh Steelers
· Tim Brown – WR/KR/PR – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders; 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
· Cris Carter – WR – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles; 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings; 2002 Miami Dolphins
· Curley Culp* – 1968-1974 Kansas City Chiefs; 1974-1980 Houston Oilers; 1980-81 Detroit Lions
· Edward DeBartolo, Jr. – Owner – 1977-2000 San Francisco 49ers
· Kevin Greene – LB/DE – 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams; 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers; 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers; 1997 San Francisco 49ers
· Charles Haley – DE/LB – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers; 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys
· Art Modell – Owner – 1961-1995 Cleveland Browns; 1996-2011 Baltimore Ravens
· Jonathan Ogden – T – 1996-2007 Baltimore Ravens
· Bill Parcells – Coach – 1983-1990 New York Giants; 1993-96 New England Patriots; 1997-99 New York Jets; 2003-06 Dallas Cowboys
· Andre Reed – WR – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills; 2000 Washington Redskins
· Dave Robinson* – 1963-1972 Green Bay Packers; 1973-74 Washington Redskins
· Warren Sapp – DT – 1995-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 2004-07 Oakland Raiders
· Will Shields – G – 1993-2006 Kansas City Chiefs
· Michael Strahan – DE – 1993-2007 New York Giants
· Aeneas Williams – CB/S – 1991-2000 Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals; 2001-04 St. Louis Rams
Here are the bios on Greene and Robinson as provided in the Hall of Fame news release:
Linebacker/Defensive End … 6-3, 247 … Auburn … 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers … 15 seasons, 228 games … Selected by Rams in 5th round (113th player overall) in 1985 draft … Played primarily on special teams as rookie, only season he didn’t register a sack … Did not have any starts in second season, but played in all 16 games and managed seven sacks … Added 6.5 sacks in 1987 and by fourth season was bona fide pass rusher for Rams, registering career-high 16.5 sacks, including career-best 4.5 sacks in win over 49ers in season finale that clinched playoff spot for Rams … Following year matched his 16.5 sacks total … Had double-digit sack totals 10 times, second in record book at the time … Only time missed recording 10 sacks in any of last eight seasons was 1995 when he had team-leading nine sacks for Steelers … Named to Pro Bowl five times (once with the Rams, twice with Steelers and Panthers) … Selected first-team All-Pro, 1989 with Rams, 1994 with Pittsburgh and 1996 with Carolina … Captured league sack title twice, 1994 and 1996 … A member of NFL’s All-Decade Team of 1990s … Played in six conference championship games and one Super Bowl … Led team in sacks 11 times and amassed 160 total sacks, third all-time at time of retirement … Also had three safeties, 26 opponent fumble recoveries, and five interceptions … Born July 31, 1962 in New York, New York.
Linebacker … 6-3, 245 … Penn State … 1963-1972 Green Bay Packers, 1973-74 Washington Redskins … 12 seasons, 155 games … Selected in 1st round (14th player overall) by Packers in 1963 NFL Draft … Chosen in 3rd round (17th player overall) by San Diego Chargers in AFL Draft … Signed with Green Bay and quickly built reputation as big-play performer on Vince Lombardi-coached Packers dynasty … Started at left outside linebacker in three straight NFL championship wins, 1965-67 … Starting OLB in Packers victories in Super Bowls I and II … Recorded two tackles, five assisted tackles, one fumble recovery and pass defensed in Green Bay’s 33-14 win over Oakland Raiders, Super Bowl II … Rebounded from Achilles tendon injury in 1970 to regain form as one of game’s finest linebackers … Intercepted 27 passes which he returned for 449 yards in career … Lone interception return for touchdown came in first season with Washington … Named All-Pro second-team in 1968 and 1969 … First-team All-NFL selection three straight seasons, 1967-69 … Elected to three Pro Bowls … Named to the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 1970s … Born May 3, 1941 in Mt. Holly, New Jersey.
Tags: dave robinson, hall of fame, kevin greene
Posted in Packers.com Blog