• Wed., Aug. 27, 2014 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM CDT Live Thompson press conf. Packers General Manager Ted Thompson will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Wed., Aug. 27, 2014 10:15 AM - 12:15 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Bishop's Charities Game)
  • Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 9:30 PM - 10:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.

Brett Favre to appear on NFL Network’s Super Bowl pregame

Posted by Mike Spofford on January 30, 2013 – 3:30 pm

Brett FavreFormer Packers QB Brett Favre will join NFL Network’s coverage team for NFL Gameday Morning prior to Super Bowl XLVII.

The NFL Network’s 8 1/2 hours of pregame coverage begins at 8 a.m. CT from the Superdome in New Orleans. According to an NFL Network release, Favre will go on the air to discuss his thoughts on the 2012 NFL season, the San Francisco-Baltimore matchup and his life away from the field.

Favre’s lone Super Bowl triumph came at the Superdome in New Orleans on Jan. 26, 1997, a 35-21 Packers victory over the New England Patriots.

Tags: , ,

65 Responses to “Brett Favre to appear on NFL Network’s Super Bowl pregame”

1. By Scott on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

Way to go Favre I am glad to hear that Favre is back in the news of the NFL can’t wait to hear him again.

2. By Savage57 on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

All I know is that between Mooch, Deion, Sapp and Irvin, there is gonna be enough butt kissing going on to power San Francisco.

3. By Tarlam on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

I hope he chokes on his gum. On camera. The final choke! Poetic justice.

4. By tayy on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

I’ve missed that man. He’s always been good for a couple of laughs (: It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the Packers website even acknowledge him; I’m glad they did.

5. By mr know itall on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

that man could still quarterback at an ELITE level in the NFL.

6. By Canadian Bill on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

I guess it doesnt matter what anyone thinks. He still did win a superbowl even though he wasnt taht instrumental in doing it

7. By Polish Prophet on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

Good gawd, why is he even being talked about?? I mean he had his time. Let today’s players have their time. Why can’t he just crawl under a rock and stay there. :o|

8. By mr know itall on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

at the very least, bring back BRETT to play behind Rodgers. Sign this guy while the getting is good!

9. By buzz61 on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

Glad to see Brett back. For all you Favre haters remember he brought us back from the dead 20 years ago.Thanks falcons!Also he is the best player in packers history ……………………….

10. By Dan A on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

It would be nice if Aaron Rogers and Brett Favre could connect on the NFL network!

11. By Tarlam on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

buzz61 – I’m not up on my American history, but didn’t Benedict Arnold win a few battles before betraying young America?

Favre best ever Packer? Try again.

12. By joil on Jan 30, 2013 | Reply

it would be nice to see favre play for panthers they might go somewhere. gb should be glad they have roders theyl win few more superbowls

13. By Dennis on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Hopefully everything goes well with Pack and Favre. Lets stop the hurt feelings. Its never worth it.

Just draft Baby.

14. By hkdakota on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

I didn’t like the way he ended his career but the guy gave packers fans many thrilling games and was a true warrior that could have play in any era.

15. By mazobob on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Favre did turn things around in GB. And his numbers say that he was a good QB. What the numbers don’t say is how many games were lost because of his bad decisions. He was a gunslinger. You gotta take the good with the bad there. Hence the reason I don’t like gunslinger type QB’s. The west coast offense does not need that type of QB! It is all about dinks and dunks, checkdowns and accuracy. Favre was not that accurate. And he took too many risks throwing into coverage. Holmgren was the only coach that had him on a leash. After Homlgren left, Favre was revered and did what he wanted. That is what spoiled his legacy – he ego went unchecked.

16. By Jill on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Brett Favre the best Packer Ever?? Hardly. Right now that goes to Donald Driver who did NOT turn his back on his fans. Yes, Favre was part of pulling the Pack out of the hole, but they were on their way out when Majkowski got hurt and their BACK up Favre stepped in. He did not do this on his own, he had a lot of help! It has been NICE this season NOT hearing how wonderful he was for the Packers. There had been life after Favre. And it isn’t one riddled contraversey.

17. By Forever Favre Fan on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Funny how fickle Green Bay Fans are isn’t it? Brett was the QB to bring back that franchise out of the pits and then took them to win the Superbowl and go to another one, plus just miss a third one! Geesh, what do some of you people expect, how soon they forget who got everything started! All you Favre haters just go suck an egg and jump in the Fox River!

18. By Rick on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Forever Favre Fan, too bad your hero doesn’t love you back. Phooey.

19. By Kevin on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Will be glad to here what Brett has to say. He gave Packer Fans many great years of gunslinger play that ofttimes resulted in a win. It was always fun to watch, he always gave us a chance. Now we’re spoiled because Aaron gives us a best chance to win. We should choose to focus on Brett’s good points, not the bad. I hope to see him in the Packer Hall Of Fame someday. Remember all the Sunday’s he left it all on the field… I Say Thank You – Brett Farve.

20. By Sandy on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

People need to realize how hard it is to give up something that has been their life. Especially hard for the super players. I never held anything against Brett Farve, it was just too difficult for him to let go. After years of these great players leaving Green Bay. I would like to thank you for all the hours you glorified our Sunday’s, the days of Regi White, Brett Farve, Donald Driver and all the other outstanding hero’s of our time. You will not be forgotten. The road is paved for new greatness because others will strive to be the best they can> Your contribution to sports has been amazing!

21. By Fish on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

BrINT Favre = ALL TIME BEST at PLAYOFF MELTDOWNS while being the most over-hyped athlete in sports history.
    ONE RING in his 20 years….thanks to Holmy and Reggie. But to his credit, he was awesome during the regular season against those 5-11 and 6-10 teams!And forget about it when he those 3-13 teams came around. BrINT would just kill THOSE teams. Didn’t matter if he threw tons of picks agains them either…he still took this team on his back and won the game baby! There was just no stoping this guy when it came to getting his fill of the league’s cupcakes!

22. By chris kox on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

I’ll be placing my 4 Favre and 80 Driver throwbacks alongside my 30 Green game jersey while I watch. On to the HOF and away with the hard feelings. By the way, thanks Don, for everything, especially the product modeling in ProShop catalogs past.

23. By Fish on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Kevin, with all due respect…in the playoffs we were slightly better than 50/50 win loss with him. And in the playoffs as well as the regular season, with Favre and his ‘gunslinging’ he always gave us a chance to LOSE….and we did too.

24. By FrozenTundra on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

NFL Network’s Super Bowl coverage starts at 8am Central on Sunday. After the 2:00pm hour starts, Favre will give very cryptic comments that he may retire from the commentary game before the next hour, only to come back on set at 2:59pm, thus avoiding the commercial break meetings to prepare for the next hour. He’ll mess up his lines, a lot, but his personality and 4th-quarter-hour comebacks will save keep his status as a legendary commentator intact. As the 3:00pm hour draws to a close, at 3:55pm, Favre will tearfully retire, saying he still has the ability to provide quality commentary, but has lost the motivation to do so. At 3:58pm, Favre will show up on set anyway, prompting the NFL Network to send him to CBS’ coverage team, where he promptly flashes nearby cheerleaders and hurts his shoulder in the process.

25. By FOOD on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

HAHAH…What Jokers!! Tell me Who didn’t love this man? GreenBay would had been traded to LA if he (BRETT) didn’t do what he did. HOF in GreenBay and in the NFL.

26. By jerry melton on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

I wonder if Brett will be at Donald’s retirement? It would be great if he did. I mean he tossed a few ball’s to him.Also, to all you Favre hater’s,get over it! He still is one of the greatest QB’s to ever play the game,and I think he is a HOF candidate!

27. By Bart on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Hey, Love Him or Hate Him, all I know is he and the entire TEAM Brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy BACK to Green Bay. For ALL of you fair weather ( so called ) Fans. Would you have been more confident with Doug Peterson as the Leader of the Pack. That was the other choice. I’m just guessing that MANY of you did not live thru or cheer for the Packers for the 29 YEARS before. No matter what, He made the Pack fun to watch. So lighten up. A Brett Fan, Not hardcore but still a Fan. A Packer FAN FOREVER. Also an OWNER ( 2 shares 97 and 2011)

28. By belairjeffircink on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

you’re funny – you anti-Favre fans. funny cause people i know (like you) tell me (who sided with Favre) to give it a rest and come back to following GB. yet all you anti-Favre fans still hold a grudge. hypocrites.

29. By belairjeffircink on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

…and @jerry – good idea…Favre showing up at Driver’s retirement press oonference – but only in a perfect world. the divorce wasn’t perfect and the anti-Favre contingent would scream that Brett is trying to take away from Driver’s time. no – bad idea. and it is Driver’s time. the press would ask Favre or Favre-related questions to Driver and it’s not the time.

30. By belairjeffircink on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

…and congratulations to DD.

31. By Fish on Jan 31, 2013 | Reply

Will Jenn Sturger be in the house on gameday?
    If so, any chance Favre thows some mad love props her way?
    Brett, just put the phone down…just put it down easy, fella.

32. By belairjeffircink on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

it’s funny how people like @fish think they’re humorous. that what they type is funny. that they actually took the time, thought it out and wrote it down. that’s funny.

33. By Canadian Bill on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

Good stuff Bart. Very accurate

34. By Terry on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

I’m a long time Packer fan and now a Shareholder..And this is the Quarter Back that amazed me enough to draw me to the Packers. I will be watching Favre! I think he will do a good job. I’m glad this is being mentioned on the Packer website. This doesnt mean I love Aaron Rodgers any less :)

35. By Debbie on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

I am so glad to have Favre back in football. He did a lot for Wis and the city of Green Bay. My grandchildren never know another quarterback. Brent I am so proud of what you have done for yourself and your fans. You will always be in my heart. I hope the day will come we will hang # 4 next to Reggie.

36. By Scott1956 on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

As long as the Packers NEVER let him in to their Hall of Fame, it’s all good. He held this franchise hostage how many times? Then the Packers move on, and all of a sudden he wants to play? They trade him, and he takes every opportunity to trash the Packers. Telling teams how to beat them as well as hoping the Bears beat them as well! Hillbilly boy can go away and never come back as far as most actual Packer fans are concerned!

37. By Packadoodle80 on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

Looking forward to hearing Brett again. Just love to hear him voice and his dry wit….Sad he tarnished his image in GB…but we do have wonderful memories of the time he was here…and Packer fans should let bygones be bygones.

38. By rgbpackfan on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

While I fully expect our fan base to be forever (ok, “four-ever”) split on supporting Brett or not, mostly because of his time with Minnesota, I would personally love to see the fan base embrace his return as an alumni as soon as possible. As arguably one of the most influential and favorite Packers ever, he lead out team to many thrills and a World Championship (yes, I was there, too!). His life was an open book to the public for more than a decade, and while some of his alleged personal choices are appropriately disturbing, I am on record to say, “Come on home, Brett!”.
    Now, for those of you scorned by his time with the Vikings or off-field behaviors (true or not), I understand you’d rather not hear or see his name on our website or in Green Bay. I just happen to be on the other side of that issue, for my own reasons. You all have your own, and I respect that.
    For now, let’s rise above and show him why being a Packer is so special – because of us….the fans. See you in Canton, Brett!

39. By Bob Bembenek, Sr on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

There was enough blame to go around on all sides. Mostly Farve, but management too. So he was the tail trying to wag the dog at one time. He did bring the Packers back into “America’s Team,” so lets all get together, sing Kumbaya and see if we can “use” him to our advantage again.

How about it Coach Farve?

40. By jerry melton on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

Sorry if i offened any one,just venting some frustion.I apoligize!

41. By KazViking on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

The guy brought us and our family’s a lot of fun and excitement over the years. Brett had a lot to do with the smiles and the pride that we all had as Packer fans during his years in GB. It was a great time for all of us and we all know it. So many great memories. Thanks Brett !

42. By Fish on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

So, erratic foolish turnover prone gunslinging football tanking any real shot at championships is fun to watch? And the inevitable COLOSSAL MELTDOWNS in the playoffs YEAR AFTER YEAR, leaving fans,teammates and the organization disappointmentedif not crushed is “exciting”? C’mon! The guy was 50% diva and 50% clown…an overpaid, over-hyped full of himself, postseason tankjob, period!

43. By Fish on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

NO 4 in the NORTH!

44. By johnkersting on Feb 1, 2013 | Reply

I am a 50 year fan and I am sick of all the know-it-all hating going on. Many if not most of those “heros” and they are inspiring to me- are just humans and if I was getting that kind of money and worship, who knows if I could resist the drugs, alcohol, women and power that comes along. Don’t get so all high and mighty. Our team, Driver and others represent our best, athleticism, teamwork and a history. Even Vince sacrificed a lot of family time and health for the game. Read When Pride Mattered. Least we forget Brett and Aaron have been human punching bags when the need for protection has not been dealt with well. We don’t know the whole story- I am sure. I think Brett eventually got knocked out purposefully when almost about to go back to the big one and Arron has plenty to worry about too. Brett and the TEAMS got us to two Superbowls. and I have gotten to really like Aaron too. I hope he helps get us a another ring, he, the team and we loyal fans deserve it! I watch reruns of the 97 and others and Brett will remain one of the greatest ever, the sport is full of greatness.

45. By Duffy on Feb 2, 2013 | Reply

I’ve been a Packer fan since 1956, been to Lambeau games several times, and one share holders meeting. I kept my ticket stubs from the “Farve retirement game”.
    I wish the organization would place his name back on the all time roster, retire his number, and put him in the Packer HOF.
    Let his personal life be his own.
    This is about football, and what he brought to our team.

46. By toolkien on Feb 2, 2013 | Reply

How things have swung over the last two to three years. A few years back, I had to “discredit” Favre when two thirds of the comments were how Favre was the “greatest ever” and “saved the franchise” and now it’s “he was a clown”. The reality is Favre wasn’t near the greatest ever, but he wasn’t a clown either. Favre was ONE of the best ever. But that phrase can, and does, mean he fits in with the Jim Kelly’s and the Dan Fouts’s of the NFL.

There have been over a thousand guys to be QB/TB’s (the guy to be snapped the ball) over the last 90 years. Those guys (Kelly, Fouts, Favre) are all in the top one and half to ever play. That’s recognition enough, as it means that’s in the range of being in the hall of fame.

But for some reason (NFL super-marketing and dough headed Packer fan base?) Favre was vaulted from his Foutsian status to demi-god. A systematic over crediting for team success accrued to Favre, and when failure reared its head, Favre got nearly zero blame and the rest of the team was scapegoated. This inevitably led to Favre believing he was above the team and we all know the fallout from that.

47. By Therese Johnson on Feb 2, 2013 | Reply

So glad that Brett Favre will be on the show. Can’t wait to see him. I consider him the greatest Packer ever. Playoff record is 13-11 and by the way the “great” Peyton Manning’s record in the playoffs is 9-11. Did it ever occur to any of you that several times he put this team on his back and took them to the playoffs when they really weren’t that good, so they got exposed by better teams in the playoffs. Geez – fair weather fans really make me tired. I believe most of them must be young and didn’t live through the 29 down years. Still love you Brett – good to have you around again. And by the way – thanks for giving back to the kids this past high school football season and for continuing to give to charities in WI. Seems like alot of WI natives forget about that.

48. By Vis on Feb 2, 2013 | Reply

Waaay too many picks and not enough rings to truly be considered a great one.

49. By Vis on Feb 2, 2013 | Reply

Just a mediocre QB come playoff time. After Mike Holmgren left, Favre couldn’t win on the road in the playoffs which is what truly great QBs are able to do. Or at least win more than one ring. Brett Favre has as many rings as a Brad Johnson or a Trent Dilfer who were good average mediocre QBs. Thing is, Brett had many more years than those two in the nfl with many more opportunities. Brett Favre had better teams around him for his whole career than those two, yet only one ring. Not all that great is it?

50. By bluecaboose on Feb 3, 2013 | Reply

Ya know Bretts been away for how many years? Gees just let it go. I remember all those frustrating games where
    we would loose. Usually the sting lasted a day or so. To win The Lombardi Trophy means everything AND LASTS A LIFETIME. I have shared this experience twice with my family. Enough said.

51. By skipper on Feb 3, 2013 | Reply

Love him or hate him, fans can’t stop talking about Farve. He was a blast to watch on the field because of the adrenaline rush you got when you watched him play – good and bad! I can’t wait to listen to his commentary as who knows what may come out his mouth. He knows the game as well as anyone, but he has a tendency to entertain us as well. You can’t teach that. Love him! Good luck Farve!

52. By 4-ever on Feb 3, 2013 | Reply

Bring him on anyway – I have other things to do today before the game!

53. By belairjeffircink on Feb 3, 2013 | Reply

@duffy – Favre IS listed on the all-time list.

you Favre haters are probably the same people who screamed Favre’s a diva, an ego maniac – there’s no “I” in “team”. and yet you solely blame Favre for losses in the playoffs. ok – an INT may have closed the deal, but there’s 60 minutes of football. and you just said there’s no “i” in “team”, sooooooooooooo why is it you blame ONE man for all those loses? hypocrites.

did you all blame Rodgers for losing the ball against AZ in a few years ago? or was that not his fault?

54. By Vis on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

They’re all true but pick one of the following that fits best.
    Favre = mediocre postseason play.
    Favre = playoff chokester
    Favre = turnover king

55. By belairjeffircink on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

@Vis – sounds like you too need to let it go…

56. By Gary Reinke on Feb 4, 2013 | Reply

I love you experts. I used to be a Packer fan. Most of my family are no longer Packer fans. The management team cares less about you fans. It is no longer the interest of the fans it is a business.

57. By Vis on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

Belairjeffiercink agrees Favre was a turnover king and a playoff choker! Ok good. Now it’s time for you to move on, now that you’ve finally -and very slowly I might add- accepted the obvious facts about Brett.

58. By belairjeffircink on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

@Vis – i never agreed to anything. do not put words in my mouth. grow up.

59. By Vis on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

Beliarjeff, I think you did.It was pretty obvious. What you need to do now is move on to your second step in your Favre recovery. You’ve already accomplished the first step of admitting your deep denial…well sort of in a roundabout way. Now move on and quit boring us with all your hysterics.

60. By belairjeffircink on Feb 5, 2013 | Reply

whatever you say, @Vis. SKOL!

61. By Jonesy on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Brett Favre brought the Packers back from the dead to become one of the most exciting teams to watch in his era. Enough said! BTW Fish go drown yourself in an ice hole Cheers!

62. By belairjeffircink on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

@fish you should think about going to therapy with @Vis. maybe you two can split the difference.

63. By Craig on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

Will Brett Farve ever Sign with Green bay again

1. 2 Trackback(s)

2. Jan 30, 2013: Brett Favre to appear on NFL Network’s Super Bowl pregame | football-feed.com
  3. Jan 30, 2013: Brett Favre joins NFL Network for Super Bowl XLVII coverage – USA TODAY | Football News Pro