• Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs (Bishop's Charities Game)
  • Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 9:30 PM - 10:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets

Through the years – a Donald Driver timeline

Posted by Tyler Gajewski on February 6, 2013 – 12:25 pm

1999 Season

• April 18, 1999

• Drafted in the seventh round, the 213th overall pick, with a selection obtained in a trade with the Chicago Bears for return specialist Glyn Milburn.
    • December 12, 1999

• Green Bay Packers vs. Carolina Panthers
    • Made first NFL reception, an 8-yard TD pass from Brett Favre at Lambeau Field.

2000 Season

• October 1, 2000

• Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears
    • Made first career start.

2002 Season

• October 7, 2002

• Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears
    • Caught an 85-yard TD pass, the longest reception of his career in a regular-season game, and eclipsed 100 receiving yards in a game for the first of 22 times.
    • November 10, 2002

• Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions
    • Set a career high with 11 receptions in one game (a total he would match two years later)

2003 Season

• September 7, 2003

• Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings
    • Sprained his neck by landing awkwardly after going high to attempt a catch, but missed only one game.
    • November 2, 2003

• Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
    • Had a career-long 45-yard rush.

2004 Season

• November 21, 2004

• Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans
    • In a homecoming game in his native city, had 10 catches for 148 yards, catching a TD pass and setting up the game-tying and game-winning FGs with receptions in a furious fourth-quarter comeback.
    • December 24, 2004

• Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
    • Matched his career high with 11 receptions, highlighted by a 3-yard TD catch on fourth down in the fourth quarter to tie a game the Packers would eventually win to clinch the NFC North.

2006 Season

• November 12, 2006

• Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
    • Recorded a career high with 191 receiving yards on six receptions, including an 82-yard TD.

2007 Season

• September 23, 2007

• Green Bay Packers vs. San Diego Chargers
    • Recorded his 214th career reception at Lambeau Field, moving into first place on the stadium’s all-time list, ahead of Antonio Freeman.
    • January 20, 2008

• Green Bay Packers vs. New York Giants in NFC Championship
    • Caught the longest TD pass in Green Bay postseason history, a 90-yarder in the second quarter.

2008 Season

• October 19, 2008

• Green Bay Packers vs.Indianapolis Colts
    • Surpassed Freeman’s career record of 3,477 receiving yards at Lambeau Field and moved past James Lofton into second place on the franchise’s all-time receptions list, with 532.
    • November 9, 2008

• Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
    • Caught a pass in his 104th consecutive game, breaking Sterling Sharpe’s team record.

2009 Season

• October 18, 2009

• Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions
    • Made his 596th career reception, surpassing Sharpe for the top spot on the franchise’s all-time list.
    • January 3, 2010

• Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals
    • Eclipsed 1,000 yards on the season for the seventh time in his career and for the sixth straight season, both team records.

2010 Season

• October 24, 2010

• Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings
    • Did not catch a pass, snapping his franchise-record streak of 133 consecutive games with a reception (139 games including playoffs).
    • December 5, 2010

• Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers
    • Made one of the finest plays of his career, breaking multiple tackles on his way to a 61-yard catch-and-run TD, the longest reception over the final three seasons of his career.
    • January 2, 2011

• Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears
    • Made his 50th reception of the season, giving him nine 50-catch seasons in his career, a franchise record.
    • February 6, 2011

• Green Bay Packers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV
    • Caught two passes for 28 yards before injuring his ankle in the second quarter, forcing him to watch the rest of the Super Bowl from the sidelines in a walking boot.

2011 Season

• September 18, 2011

• Green Bay Packers at Carolina Panthers
    • Surpassed Lofton’s franchise record of 9,656 career receiving yards.
    • November 20, 2011

• Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Became the second player in franchise history (Ahman Green being the first) to eclipse 10,000 yards from scrimmage.
    • December 25, 2011

• Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears
    • Reached 10,000 receiving yards for his career.
    • January 15, 2012

• Green Bay Packers vs. New York Giants
    • Caught three passes for 45 yards and a TD to become the franchise’s all-time leader with 49 playoff receptions (since surpassed by Greg Jennings). Also moved into second place in team history in playoff receiving yards with 675 and caught a pass in his 12th consecutive playoff game, tying him for No. 2 in team annals behind Dorsey Levens (13).

2012 Season

• September 13, 2012

• Green Bay Packers vs.Chicago Bears
    • Caught his 60th career TD pass, becoming only the third player in franchise history to reach that mark, behind Sharpe (65) and Don Hutson (99).
    • November 18, 2012

• Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
    • Made the last catch of his career, a 12-yarder to convert third-and-9 late in the first quarter, placing his franchise records at 743 receptions for 10,137 yards.

36 Responses to “Through the years – a Donald Driver timeline”

1. By Jamie Schliesmann on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

CAN SOMEONE MAKE A “DONALD DRIVER CAREER VIDEO”??

2. By DaGrise on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Thanks for the memories DD!

3. By Shay on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Easily one of the top 10 Packer players of all time….both on and off the field…..#80 IN THE RING OF HONOR!!!!!

4. By jb on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

there is a awhole bunch on you tube

5. By Jon on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

The game at Detroit this season was the first ever Packer game that I have ever been to and from reading this I just realized that I witnessed Donald’s last catch. Amazing

6. By Jeff on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

A TRUE PROFESSIONAL DD!!!! Thank you for the great years. I shed a tear today…

7. By Dan on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

ditto that Jeff!

8. By Mary corbin on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

That was really great. To look back and see thoes great plays you made. God is good. Best of Luck to you and your family. God Bless you and keeep you.

9. By Randy on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

I have been a Packer fan for over 45 years. Double D is easily in my all time top 5 list of favorite players for his actions on and off the field. I, too shed a tear today. Wishing all the best for Donald in his future and come back often to Green Bay to visit with the fans. Love ya man!

10. By Captian of the Debate Team on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

I disagree. I am a great debater, and I must say that you are lying about crying on a public forum. You did not cry, but you did lie.
    -the captain

11. By Mark on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Thanks for the memories Donald! Will miss you…

12. By Donald on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

R.I.P. My Boy Donald Driver. We Had The Same First Name. You Will Always Be Remembered. And Never ForGotten.

13. By Polish Prophet on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Was it my imagination or was the rest of the team not at the presentation? I mean I saw a couple of pics of three, maybe 4, but I didn’t even see a pic of Aaron Rodgers who was his QB. Yes, it was about DD, but his teammates should’ve been there to show support. I’m confused. :0\

14. By Ruthann on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

I have been a Packer fan since hince high school, many years ago, in fact about when the Packers won Super Bowl I. Donald is one of my favorite players, sure will miss him. Good Luck Donald.

15. By Sean on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

This is Great!!!! Looking back on this, I’m like oh I remember these games! tears. You have mean’t so much to my dad, my older brother, and me growing up watching you. Thank You DD!!!!

16. By Barb on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

A truly fabulous career and tribute to a great player. We were privileged to see most of these plays via TV. Thanks for the memories

17. By Steve Weisenstein on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

Donald, Thanks for the memories. I have been a fan for
    50 years. You are a top 5 with me.I will see you in
    Canton. You are a true PACKER. GO PACK PACK

18. By mike etzel on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

wow greatness is a packer .No words can come close to Donaled!!

19. By Mike Keegan on Feb 6, 2013 | Reply

The very first game I ever watched with my Dad was the Ice Bowl. GB won and I became a life-long fan. Donald, I have seen the best in GB and for several years in the 70’s and 80’s not so much the best. My favorite time to be a GB fan is when Smilin’ Donald frustrates the opposing D tryin’ to play wack-o-mole when ol’ number 80 pops his head up between the hashes and snatches a ball. So glad Dallas didn’t win that Ice Bowl. Good luck, God Bless, Donald.

20. By packfan1948 on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

Going to miss watching THE MAN catching Aaron’s fastballs. I wish you all of the luck in the world Donald. Take care and have a great life and enjoy the time with your family.

21. By GEO. KRUEGER on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

Great carreer for Double D #80 and the Packers.
    We are sure going to miss that BIG SMILE :)
    Donald… Good luck in futute endevors, I’m sure you will excell there as well.

22. By NjGERjAOUEST on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

*°•with visions of used diapers and urinal cakes, dancing in my head•°*ו

23. By penny nickels krall on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

love you dbl D

24. By pckrfan on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

So sad to know that you won’t be on the sideline next year. Thanks for all the wonderful memories. Good luck to you and your family – you will be missed!

25. By Laura Danner on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

I feel honored to have brought my three sons up watching you Mr. Driver! You’ve inspired my boys and I in all ways….just like you! You’re the idol I always hoped they’d have because in all ways your life is one no one will ever forget for the best reasons! God bless you and your family! Now….could you please become the announcer for the Packer games and take Troy’s job? :) I couldn’t think of a better place for ya!

26. By Arthur Becker on Feb 7, 2013 | Reply

Donald Driver… congratulations to you on your years of being a Packer player! I go back to when the Pack used a teacher’s college campus in Stevens Point for pre-season. You are a credit to football … thank you!

Canon Art Becker retired clergy of the Episcopal Çhurch. Enjoy your retirement and continue your life in another direction. You will accomplish much where ever you go.

Art Becker+

27. By debra de la rosa on Feb 8, 2013 | Reply

love you DD will miss you have always been a PACKERS fan growing up have your jersey and will cherish it and the memories of your great career Have a wonderful life with your family and friend and may God Bless You in whatever you do. my son lives in League City and I have a picture of you him and my granddaughter that was taken down in the Houston area when you were there helping your dad love you always

28. By Corky on Feb 8, 2013 | Reply

I live in Arizona and been watching the Packers every game for the last 10 or more years on Direct TV football package and Donald you have been something to watch. My wife likes your dancing also.

29. By Jesse on Feb 8, 2013 | Reply

For every player who ever thought…
    “I’m not big enough.”
    “I’m not being heavily recruited.”
    “I’m never going to get a shot to play.”

Just look at Donald Driver. That’s how it’s done.

30. By javier rocha on Feb 8, 2013 | Reply

Donald driver thank you for all the great plays.

31. By Frost on Feb 9, 2013 | Reply

We will miss you Donald Driver!!!

32. By Mike Burgess on Feb 9, 2013 | Reply

Thank you Sir Donald Driver, for all those wonderful years.
    From Traverse City, MI, I wish you all the best.

33. By Karen Prekop on Feb 9, 2013 | Reply

Dear DD,
    I meet you at the auto show in Milwaukee and asked you to sign my jersey #80. You did without hesitattion. I then told you I appreciated your work ethic and I said thank you. I then told you I was a teacher and you said that I know what hard work is. I’ve always appreciated those words and talk about you as a great role model to my students. Thanks again and I will always remember you for your playing on the field but, more so for the wonderful person you are on the inside!
    Thanks for that memory and many others!

34. By Rusty Draper on Feb 10, 2013 | Reply

Good Bye and Good Luck , I am sure we will see that big smile light up again . You may have left the game but you will be forever in our hearts .Best of Luck to you and your family. Now go get them squirrels .

35. By Alice VanEyck on Feb 11, 2013 | Reply

Donald & family: God bless you. We would love to keep you with the Packer team in some way or form. The Packer announcer would be one terrific possiblity. I was at a book signing with my daughter & grandsons when you signed your first book at Shopko in Suamico. You have a contagious personality & smile. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. I’m looking forward to seeing you second time around on “Dancing with the Stars” Wishing you all of life’s best. You deserve it!

36. By Sheboygan Area Drinker on Feb 15, 2013 | Reply

MD JENNINGS SUCKS!

Woodson’s winery, @TwentyFourWines , posted a picture on Twitter of Woodson in his Packers uniform with the caption, “Thank you Green Bay. It was a great run!”