• Tue., Sep. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection Coats for Kids collection
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets

Georgia’s Rambo is ball hawk at free safety

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on February 24, 2013 – 12:23 pm

130224-rambo-600

INDIANAPOLIS–Georgia’s Bacarri Rambo is ranked by draftniks as one of the top safeties in this draft. Rambo says he’s the best.

“I consider myself the best. I’ve been getting better every year,” Rambo said at the scouting combine on Sunday, as the defensive backs class began a process that will lead to their workout at Lucas Oil Stadium on Tuesday.

Rambo is a strong prospect for teams seeking a ball-hawking free safety. He intercepted 16 passes in his college career, including eight in 2011. He returned two picks for touchdowns and intercepted a pass in the Senior Bowl a month ago.

“The past couple of years I  had a lot of interceptions. I didn’t have too many big hits so I consider myself a cover safety,” Rambo said. “I describe myself as the quarterback of our defense at Georgia.”

Rambo is thought to project as a third or fourth-round pick.

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “Georgia’s Rambo is ball hawk at free safety”

1. By goldplater on Feb 24, 2013 | Reply

Is a top-safety really just a 3rd rounder-pick?
    How about the tackling of this guy? Vic, who might be the best strong safety and where does he fits?

2. By CincyTom on Feb 25, 2013 | Reply

Sounds like Rambo has similar skills to Morgan Burnett. Good cover man, but not a big hitter. We need someone who is strong in run support and can blitz. Gotta love this guy’s name though….

3. By Dan A on Feb 25, 2013 | Reply

Yes, I agree we need a hitter just like Nick Collins. The opposing receivers need to be aware that the Packers are hitters!

4. By JonnyOnTheSpot on Feb 25, 2013 | Reply

Check out KENNY VACCARO…BOOM

5. By bruce on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

I totally agree. We need a Jack Tatum or Mel Blount in backfield. I am tired of watching of watching running backs run around our defense..

6. By Razer on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

… running backs run around our defense. How about running over our defense. Yeah, we need a hitter, not a talker or ball hawk to go along with some of our other pylons.

7. By Doctort on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Hitters at safety are becoming obsolete. Coverage guys are where it’s at. It won’t be long before there is no difference between safeties and corners.

8. By PackFanMN on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

Matt Elam is the the best safety in the draft IMO. Reminds me of Nick Collins. My second best option has to be DJ Swearinger from S. Carolina. He is hard hitter that lays the wood and is also a ballhawk. Either of these two guys would be an instant upgrade over Jennings and Mcmillian lined up next to Burnett. Mcmillian has potential but I see him as more of a valuable back up and situational player.

9. By renard bennett on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

Green bay should draft B.Rambo, Sean Porter LB Texas A..M. And Barner R.B. Univ. Of oregon. All this players can play their first year. And years to come with an huge upside throughout the years

10. By John Denver's Gavel on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

renard, your name is too French to give football advice. stick to baguettes.

11. By Adrian McIntosh on Mar 5, 2013 | Reply

Packers defense are poor tacklers and don’t swarm to the play. A good high school coach could instill these basic skills.

12. By chad on Mar 7, 2013 | Reply

Bring back Chuck Cecil!!!!

13. By buzz61 on Mar 9, 2013 | Reply

We definitely need hitters our defense sucks.

14. By Ron Jeremy on Mar 9, 2013 | Reply

You guys are meatballs. The Packers aren’t poor hitters at all. We had a lot of players on the IR and some glaring wholes. With those in account you’re going to be fragile. Nick Perry really, really impressed me with his tackling abilities before he got hurt and that became a glaring problem when he went down. Personally I see the Packers trading down where Elam may, or may not be available. If they don’t trade down I’d like to see them draft either Elam or Olgetree. Elam reminds me of a Woodson mixed with Collins. The guy hits HARD! Can play nickel/dime. Very fast and can hit running-backs behind the line of scrimmage. I firmly believe he’s the next best thing at SS. Olgetree I love at ILB, he’ll fill a glaring whole because he’s also a big tackler but brings side-line to sideline speed. Both improve because of tackling/speed.