• Sun., Aug. 31, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Tue., Sep. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection Coats for Kids collection

Antonio Freeman and the “Monday Night Miracle”

Posted by Duke Bobber on March 20, 2013 – 11:27 am

In overtime of a Monday Night Football game vs. the Minnesota Vikings, QB Brett Favre threw a 3rd down pass 30 yards downfield to WR Antonio Freeman.

As Mike Spofford mentioned in a Monday blog post, WR Antonio Freeman’s “Monday Night Miracle” against the Vikings in 2000 at Lambeau Field is in contention for NFL.com’s greatest play of all-time. Fan votes will determine the winner. First-round voting ends on Friday.

Click here to vote

Tags: , , , ,

25 Responses to “Antonio Freeman and the “Monday Night Miracle””

1. By Jim Pierce on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

I have the flag that flew that night in the rain at Lambeau!
    Jim Pierce
    Shareholder

2. By Brad Chandler on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

STRICTLY AWESOME!!!!!

3. By Andy K on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

Why is the Antonio Freeman catch so far down the list? The AZ Cardinals Wild Card win vs GB is like, #4 in the bracket, despite a non-called facemask on Aaron Rodgers set up the whole play…

4. By Rick on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

The Ice Bowl sneak is the greatest NFL play. No nonsense. Just win.

5. By Brenton Colton on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

… and there is your DAGGER!!!

6. By Peter Hamby on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

The Arizona play should not have counted because the refs missed the facemask and were fined for it. This play, however, was ridiculously awesome.

7. By Tyler on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

This would have a much better chance if the clip they included was the broadcast with Al Michaels and showed a better angle of the catch. The only play that I’ve seen in real time that I’m sure I will never forget. Unbelievable.

8. By Brad Sample on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

He did What?

9. By donna gargano on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

Antonio Freeman AWESOME!!!

10. By Kristy Secord on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

I can’t believe the Packers have only one play listed

11. By Sandy on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

FARVE TO FREEMAN !!! My Son Bought Me Tickets To His Induction Into The Packer Hall Of Fame For Christmas !! I Had To Meet Him In Person ……..7-18-09 …

12. By Lisa on Mar 20, 2013 | Reply

I was at that game and saw that play…it was remarkable and crazy!

13. By Peter on Mar 21, 2013 | Reply

Retire favres number

14. By Savage57 on Mar 21, 2013 | Reply

Best part about that play?

It beat the Vikings.

15. By Kyle on Mar 21, 2013 | Reply

This is the only NFL game I have ever been to and I was there with my Viking fan Dad and brothers, right in the corner where it happened. Oh how sweet that ride home was. I will NEVER forget that play.

16. By John on Mar 22, 2013 | Reply

All packers fans should vote heavily for the Desean Jackson Walkoff Punt Return TD vs Giants, without that play or win the Packers are not in the playoffs and don’t win the superbowl

17. By Canadian Bill on Mar 22, 2013 | Reply

Without a doubt the Freeman catch was the greatest

18. By Bill on Mar 22, 2013 | Reply

The Freeman catch was absolutely amazing i remember watching the game over my wife’s aunt and uncle’s house, who are really religous and conservative, so i was showing a lot of restraint the whole game cause as you know was a battle all game, and when he caught that ball ran i exploded jumpomg and screaming F*** Yes, F*** Yes, F*** you Viqueens ( my nickname for Vikings) all happy and crazed. Then reality set back in and her aunt and uncle were lookin at me like i was the possessed anti christ it was hilarious they still a lil cautious bout me and we have never watched a game with them since.

i agree thank you Deshaun Jackson, but what the goaline stand against bears in the NFC championship game it was epic

19. By Michael on Mar 24, 2013 | Reply

best play i ever saw to end a game

20. By christian on Mar 24, 2013 | Reply

I saw that play while in the Airport bar in Sacramento. One of the best plays ever imho.

21. By LIL LAMBEAU on Mar 29, 2013 | Reply

I almost missed this play because I was so pissed that the Packers let the Queens tie the game was going to go to bed glad I didn’t still is 1 of the greatest plays I have ever seen

22. By Mark on Mar 29, 2013 | Reply

Was at the game, MNF, South endzone, THE catch was on the South end! What I remember most was that it had been drizzling on and off most of the game. Once Freeman scored the touchdown, it began raining harder. Besides being so happy the Pack beat the Vikings, I was glad to get out of the rain!

23. By Mustangjim on Mar 30, 2013 | Reply

I sit in section138, which is at the south end zone. I could not see the ball, but I saw no signals from the refs. I immediately stood up and signaled TD and Freeman got up and ran into the endzone. Everyone around me thought I was nuts when I stood up.

24. By Rick on Apr 1, 2013 | Reply

As usual, Favre threw another wounded duck up for grabs off his back foot that Dishman should have intercepted.

25. By diehardpackersfan on Apr 1, 2013 | Reply

follow @officialgreenbaypackerss on instagram for the best green bay packer pictures this season