• Tue., Sep. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection Coats for Kids collection
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets

Newest HOFer, Dave Robinson, to announce Packers’ 2nd- & 3rd-round picks

Posted by Mike Spofford on April 19, 2013 – 1:28 pm

Dave RobinsonThe newest Green Bay Packers player to enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Dave Robinson is scheduled to announce the Packers’ second- and third-round draft picks at the 2013 NFL Draft on Friday, April 26.

The NFL has made it a tradition in recent years to have alumni of all of the league’s teams take the podium during the second day of the draft to announce his former team’s selections. LeRoy Butler and Jim Taylor have done the honors for the Packers in the past.

A linebacker in the Vince Lombardi era, Robinson was a senior committee nominee for the Hall of Fame this year and received the necessary votes for induction. He’ll be inducted at the usual ceremony in Canton, Ohio, this summer.

Robinson is the 11th Packers player from the Lombardi era to make the Hall of Fame, and the first since Henry Jordan in 1995. The last Packers player to be inducted was the late Reggie White in 2006.

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to “Newest HOFer, Dave Robinson, to announce Packers’ 2nd- & 3rd-round picks”

1. By Bob on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Great! If you wanna know how good he was just ask the ‘Boys in that chanpionship game!!

2. By Dan A on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

I agree this is great!
    Dave Robinson was truly a great LB. He was big, strong and a smart player.
    Mr. Robinson will certainly represent the Pack well.

Go Pack Go

3. By EL SWIGGUM on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

I NEVER WORRIED WHEN MR. ROBINSON WAS ON THE FIELD.
    THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.
    GO PACK

4. By NOTTHATRODGERS on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Dave Robinson was one of the greatest outside linebackers ever…I’m really happy that Canton,OH finally gets to honor him!!! CONGRATULATIONS DAVE!!!

5. By Big Red on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

This was a long time in coming. What memories he brings back. Nitschke in the middle, Caffey on one side and Robinson on the other. What a deserving candidate. I’m just sorry it took so long.

6. By animal lover on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

congrats!

7. By Robert Biller on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

FINALLY! Dave Robinson deserved to be there many years ago. He is one of the top three OLB of all time and that it took this long to enter Canton is a travesty. Thankfully there is a Senior Committee, as too often the HoF is fixated only on recent players.

Conghratulations David

8. By John Surritte on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

I remember Mr Robinson in the 1968 season. I had read the book, Instant Replay, by Jerry Kramer, about the 1967 season. He stated many praises of this great linebacker. I became hooked on the Packers in 1968 because of players like him.

9. By BlackWolf on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

‘Bout damn time! …I mean, congratulations Mr. Robinson.

10. By spini on Apr 23, 2013 | Reply

Parker. I agree that Catherine`s postlng is unimaginable… on sunday I bought a top of the range Lotus Elise since getting a cheque for $8335 this-last/month and would you believe, 10/k this past-month. it’s definitly the most-comfortable job Ive had. I actually started 9-months ago and almost straight away started to bring in minimum $86 p/h. I follow the details on this straightforward website, kep2.com

11. By chris on Apr 24, 2013 | Reply

Read the Book, Lombardi’s Left Side to get a real picture of this Packer Great.

12. By hrapjagger on Apr 24, 2013 | Reply

Now, if only guard Jerry Kramer could muster enough support among the Veterans’ Committee to gain entry into the NFL Hall of Fame where he so rightfully belongs. Kramer remains the only member of the NFL’s 75th anniversary all-time team who is currently not a member of the HOF. That is a complete travesty & a miscarriage of what is right.

13. By John on Apr 25, 2013 | Reply

He was a great player from what I remember when I was a little kid. He was sort of like a coach on the field. Smart and a heavy hitter.

14. By Demini on Apr 26, 2013 | Reply

Congrats,Mr. Robinson on your induction into the HOF. I recently read “Lombardi’s Left Side,” (I was born shortly after the Packers beat the Chiefs in Super Bowl I). I am puzzled as to why it took you this long to get in.