• Thu., Jul. 24, 2014 11:00 AM CDT Shareholders Meeting

The Green Bay Packers 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held Thursday, July 24, at 11 a.m., at Lambeau Field. The meeting will take place rain or shine.

• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Packers 1K Kids Run

Back to Football also includes the 1K Kids Run, presented by WPS Health Insurance. Kids 10 years old and younger will have the opportunity to run a Lambeau Lap on Friday, July 25, at 6 p.m. Registration for the Kids Run is $10 and all participants will receive a Packers 1K Run t-shirt, a logoed bag and a participant medal.

• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 7:00 PM CDT Movie Night at Lambeau Field

Movie Night at Lambeau Field will return this year on Friday, July 25, following the 1K Kids Run. The event is free and open to the public, and concessions will be available throughout the movie. More details will be announced at a later date.

Time listed above is subject to change.

• Sat., Jul. 26, 2014 6:30 PM CDT Packers 5K Run/Walk

The fifth annual ‘5K Run/Walk at Lambeau Field,’ is set for Saturday, July 26, at 6:30 p.m.

The computer-timed run is highlighted by a neighborhood route that ultimately takes participants into Lambeau Field and around the famed gridiron. The event has a special finish line – the Packers’ ‘G’ painted on turf located in the parking lot.

All participants will receive a Packers 5K Run T-shirt, a logoed bag, and a bib number and timing chip. To celebrate the race’s fifth anniversary, all participants will receive a commemorative medal. In addition, photos will be taken on the course and will be available at no cost on the Packers 5K Run website.

Packers-themed awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each age group. An awards ceremony will take place following the conclusion of the race.

Registration, which is $25 for adults and $15 for children (12 and younger), will be available online beginning Friday, May 23, at www.packers.com/5k. Mail-in registration is also an option, with forms available online and in person at Lambeau Field. Runners can also register at the Bellin Run Expo on Friday, June 13, at Astor Park in Green Bay. Early registration is encouraged. After July 13, registration fees will increase to $30 and $20, respectively.

Packers to wear third jersey on Oct. 20 vs. Cleveland

Posted by Mike Spofford on May 6, 2013 – 3:01 pm

WR Jordy Nelson

After a one-year hiatus from wearing them, the Packers are slated to bring back the re-creation of their 1929 uniforms in Week 7 of the 2013 season, for a home game against Cleveland on Sunday, Oct. 20 (3:25 p.m. CT).

Click here for photos
View photos of the Packers’ third jersey in game action from 2010 and 2011

The Packers have worn the third jersey twice previously, in Week 13 of 2010 against San Francisco and in Week 6 of 2011 against St. Louis, both at Lambeau Field. The Packers beat the 49ers, 34-16, and the Rams, 24-3. The Packers did not wear the alternate uniforms during the 2012 season.

The third jersey is based on the Packers’ 1929 jerseys, which were blue with the jersey number in a gold circle on the front. The modern re-creation uses a larger gold circle and also includes a full-sized number on the back along with the player’s last name, to conform with NFL uniform regulations.

The alternate uniforms also feature tan pants and a solid brown helmet, representing the leather helmets that players of that era wore. The Packers won the first of their 13 NFL championships in 1929.

Tags: , ,

52 Responses to “Packers to wear third jersey on Oct. 20 vs. Cleveland”

1. By oneblankspace on May 6, 2013 | Reply

If they are going to have an American Flag logo on the uniform, they should try to find one with 48 stars.

2. By Mike Lukaszewski on May 6, 2013 | Reply

WHY… Those blue uniforms are the ugliest things I ever seen. If they wear themI might root against them. Or not watch at all.

3. By jbeebe on May 6, 2013 | Reply

@Mike Lukaszewski:

Then by all means please don’t watch at all. Perhaps another team may be more to your liking.

4. By ally on May 6, 2013 | Reply

If the teams jersey is what you support and not the actual team then bolt ya rocket and support another team.

5. By Tyler on May 6, 2013 | Reply

@Mike Lukaszewski:

just leave

6. By Anita on May 6, 2013 | Reply

Why 48 stars? We have 50 states. Quit supporting a team because of a jersey? That makes about as much sense as changing all your décor to the jets because that’s where Farve went…. You support the TEAM not an individual or the color of a jersey! It’s still the same men IN the jersey!

7. By Cindy on May 6, 2013 | Reply

I don’t care if they wear dresses, I can hardly wait for the start of the season. I think Aaron Rogers would look good in anything and still be a champion!

8. By casper on May 6, 2013 | Reply

@Anita
    Probably because in 1929 there were only 48 states…..

History

9. By brian bratcher on May 6, 2013 | Reply

@mike, not a true packer fan then. all i can say is root for some one else we dont need ya

10. By Theresa on May 6, 2013 | Reply

@Mike Lukaszewski

If you think they are the ugliest things you ever seen you obviously didn’t see the Steelers bumble bee throwback uniform. If you wanna root against the packers because of a uniform, you are one sorry excuse for a fan.

11. By Seth on May 6, 2013 | Reply

Cheering for the uniform? That’s precisely what I do. Go to youtube and look up “seinfeld cheer for laundry” he explains it better than I ever could.

12. By starrstruck on May 6, 2013 | Reply

The Pack should talk with the Redskins and find out what they used on their “faux leather” helmets last year. Washington’s helmets were matte finish, not glossy, so they looked a sight better!

13. By Jeff on May 6, 2013 | Reply

I love the pack and these jerseys. Thank you team for bringing them back again.

14. By tommaegdlin on May 6, 2013 | Reply

I’m really blown away by the negativity around the league about these third jerseys. They are there to convey the history of the franchise and make a little extra money for the organization. I think they are a great reminder of that we cheer for the most storied franchise in American sports.

15. By Coachoftheyear on May 6, 2013 | Reply

I love these jerseys. I mean they are really ugly, but I love the symbolism. C’mon, they won their first championship in them. I’m about to blow your minds. The Packers brought back those jerseys for the 2010 season, they won the SB. Last year, they didn’t wear them. We know what happened there. This year the jerseys are coming back witch means, the lombardi trophy is coming home again fellow cheeseheads. Go pack go!

16. By Tarlam on May 6, 2013 | Reply

I have one with #80 on it. I love it!

17. By jm on May 6, 2013 | Reply

yeahh! the meatball jersey is back. I also have 1 with 80 on it.

18. By NO1 yearwondersforGB on May 6, 2013 | Reply

What is up with the website???

19. By Keith on May 6, 2013 | Reply

@ jim

I have always thought of it looking like a pie pan on the front of the jersey. I have 1 with # 12 on it. I have also never understood the negativity either.

20. By GM on May 6, 2013 | Reply

Awesome. Love these jerseys. ‘Primitive’ in a great way.

21. By Ronnie on May 7, 2013 | Reply

beat the 49ers with these on hmmmm….maybe we should wear them for week 1 even though we’re away.

22. By Ryan on May 7, 2013 | Reply

i love these uniforms! im glad they’re bringing it back i was disappointed last year when they decided not to wear them Go Pack Go!!!!!!

23. By Ed on May 7, 2013 | Reply

I love the throwbacks and this is the Packers’ best one yet. Even the Steelers’ bumble bee throwbacks are great. They’re not supposed to be fashion statements but rather a tribute to the past.

24. By Joe on May 7, 2013 | Reply

I still don’t understand the hate for these uniforms. I actually own one of the higher end Tramon Williams throwback jerseys, and I love it! The next game I go to will be wearing that jersey along with my cheesehead! As much as I like the Green and Gold, these are as good of a reproduction of the old uniforms as you can get with the new equipment and materials. I’m glad they’re going to be wearing them again!

25. By Joe on May 7, 2013 | Reply

Its about time they wear the throw back Jerseys. The inventory on the Packer appearal clearence racks have been going down lately. Once they wear them, the clothing manufacturers will produce them, and the fans WONT buy them, and then they will fill the clearence racks once again.

26. By Jerome on May 7, 2013 | Reply

Awesome! I have a Donald Driver third jersey. Even though he has retired I’ll be sporting mine on Oct. 20th!

27. By Scott on May 7, 2013 | Reply

Where anything you want…just win the game.

28. By Scott on May 7, 2013 | Reply

Damn I cant spell..I meant Wear

29. By Scott on May 7, 2013 | Reply

My wife hates the old uniforms…said she would rather watch the team playing naked over having to see them in those ugly blue uniforms. Women..?????

30. By Leonardo on May 7, 2013 | Reply

Personally, I love them. They’re a good reminder of the history of our beloved team.
    Besides, like Vic says, if the team wins, they could wear pink, for all I care. And we’re 2-0 in these and Donald Driver pulled off the play of his career in them. I say bring them back once a year. Just do something about the glossy brown helmets. Those don’t work. Like user starrstruck said, the Redskins did them the right way last season.

31. By Tory on May 7, 2013 | Reply

Thank you so much, glad to see the good blue and gold. Really think the Packers should make this an annual event to celebrate the previous greats.

32. By Canadian Bill on May 7, 2013 | Reply

Looks like someone wanted to get people all excited and it looks like he did it

33. By AFK on May 9, 2013 | Reply

Not totally up with the history of Packers uniform through the ages I was a little bit surprised, when I entered Lambeau Field in week 6 / 2011.
    A great team that knows its history.

34. By clarence on May 9, 2013 | Reply

WHERE ARE THE ALL YELLOW UNIFORMS! I TELL YOU A HOME GAME IN THOSE WOULD HAVE EVERYONE AMP’D! I OWN ONE, YOU CAN ALSO SEE THEM ON MADDEN

35. By Jeremy on May 9, 2013 | Reply

Those jerseys are awesome and I wish they’d wear them about once a year.

36. By Lawyer of CHRIST on May 9, 2013 | Reply

Mana, a mysterious force, inwhich only two priests could envoke. One day, the priests disappeared with the Management.

37. By Lawyer of CHRIST on May 9, 2013 | Reply

The management is, of course, the Zetans, who implant the screen memories into abductees, in part so that the latter believe the aliens have godlike abilities — so that the abductees are submissive to Zetan domination.

38. By Dale on May 10, 2013 | Reply

I’d have to say those uniforms are butt awful ugly. Maybe it’s not the uniforms as mush as it is the sh@t brown helmets.

39. By amr on May 10, 2013 | Reply

IDC if they were that jersye PACKERS for life plus i think it would be pretty cool to see them wearing the same jersye they did LONG time ago BTW the helmet for thier third uniform looks like browsn helmet expet darker

40. By Ron on May 11, 2013 | Reply

Have some respect for the players that wore them in 1929. Yes 48 States.This is one of the oldest teams in the nfl. They started in 1919. Joined NFl 1921.To me they are the oldest. The Packers and the Bears ARE the NFL. The rest are Rookie teams. If they win again in the 3rd jersey, maybe should always ware them:)

41. By Packers fans on May 11, 2013 | Reply

nike should design new Packers jersey. like vikings

42. By Carolyn Richardson on May 11, 2013 | Reply

Not my favorite jersey … but it’s a nice nod to the past … Go Packers!

43. By airpacker12 on May 11, 2013 | Reply

BIG QUESTION…. WHY DOES EVERYBODY SAY DOM RUNS A 3-4 DEFENSE ??? IN EVERY GAME FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS HE HAS LESS THAN 3 DOWN LINMEN !!! SO THEN WHY DO WE DRAFT SO MENY D LINMEN ! THE GUY IS CONVINCED THE GAME GAME HAS CHANGED,AND ILL AGREE WHEN I SEE FLAGS HANGING DOWN THE SIDES OF THE PLAYERS…. THE TALENT IS THERE THE COACHING ISNT………………………………………..

44. By airpacker12 on May 11, 2013 | Reply

PS LESS THAN 3 FOR THE MAJORITY OF TIME..

45. By Tim Rourke on May 12, 2013 | Reply

No, not again, I hate those uniforms!

46. By Chris Wade on May 13, 2013 | Reply

This game will be my first visit to Lambeau. I’d have preferred to see them in green and gold but I guess I’ll just have to go to another game the next season !

47. By Maddog53 on May 13, 2013 | Reply

Hey Coachoftheyear…..What about when they wore them in 2011? We all know what happened then also. Did I blow your mind?

48. By ruben facio on May 13, 2013 | Reply

I love it. If you are watching God’s Boys because of their looks, you have missed the point as a Packer fan. It would be fantastic if they were able to wear the original team player’s name with their number to commemorate the fullness of the throw back. Maybe one day we can see Starr, Nitzcke (?), Horning, Taylor, McGee, Anderson, Davis, Ringo, Kramer zipping down the field again. Who knows, Vince might make an appearance. PTL!

49. By smitty on May 13, 2013 | Reply

Love those throwback uniforms. Don’t get me wrong, I love the green and gold, but a design update in the old “G” helmets, might be a nice change.

1. 3 Trackback(s)

2. May 6, 2013: Packers to wear third jersey on Oct. 20 vs. Cleveland | football-feed.com
  3. May 7, 2013: Bear Bites: Another Scout Departs Emery’s Staff