• Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection The Salvation Army will be collecting new and gently used winter coats as well as cash donations in the parking lot and at each of Lambeau Field’s gates.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions

Carry-in and seat-cushion policies clarified

Posted by Mike Spofford on June 21, 2013 – 12:48 pm

130621-bag-2-600

The Packers clarified the NFL’s new public safety policy and how it will be applied at Lambeau Field to a media gathering on Friday.

Director of Security Doug Collins and Director of Public Affairs Aaron Popkey explained in detail the policy regarding both carry-in bags and seat cushions. Here are the highlights:

Anything larger than a clutch purse must be transparentBag policy

–Bags to carry items into the stadium must now be transparent and can be no larger than 12 inches by 12 inches by 6 inches, which is roughly the same size limit that has been in place in the past.

–One gallon Ziploc bags and hand-size clutch purses are also permitted to carry in items.

–Anything larger than a clutch purse must be transparent.

–The lists of prohibited items and allowed items within the permissible bags have not changed.

Seat cushions

–Portable seats or seat backs are still allowed, as long as they’re of solid construction with no concealable areas and have no arms.

–Single-piece seat pads made of various materials, including styrofoam, are also still allowed.

–Seat cushions with zippered covers or zip pockets or other concealable flaps are not allowed.

As a follow-up, a walk-through demonstration of a person entering Lambeau Field under the new public safety policy will be conducted and videotaped next month.

View Packers.com’s photo gallery with more examples of what you can and can’t bring into Lambeau Field.

Tags: ,

37 Responses to “Carry-in and seat-cushion policies clarified”

1. By Kathy Becker on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

So, my awesome Packer football purse will not be permitted. That’s ridiculous! I trust you will no longer sell anything in the Pro Shop that is not permitted in the stadium. At the very least, please place signs with the purses saying “not allowed in stadium.” I doubt you will be selling many purses.

2. By HEATHER on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

A women needs to have personal hygiene products with her that simply a clutch is not large enough for..she is subjected to advertise these items through a see through bag? how is this not pushing the ethics of privacy?

3. By Barbara on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

I also bought a new Packer cross body purse…It’s not very large 6×6. Can’t fit very much at all in a clutch!!

4. By Sarah on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

Kudos to the Packer organization for being proactive with security. I wish more would follow in your footsteps and will continue to buy all manner of Packer bags at the Pro Shop and I’m certain others will, too. And, if too many take issue with the new rules and want to give up their season tickets because of them, I’m certain there will be no shortage of fans standing in line to claim them…. myself included!

5. By Diane on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

They search your bags anyway when you are entering the staduim, so why is the transparent bag needed. Have a line for those types of bags and items being carried in other bags for another line. I agree with the previous post about the items you sell in the proshop which are especially good for game days when you want to show it off. I think whatever rules are put in place, “Loyal” Packer fans will abide by them regardless, it’s just the way we are and it makes going to the game the experience it should be.

6. By hope on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

I would also gather that heavy puffy winter coats with zip pockets, larger thank a seat cushion (as would cover a body in ultra-cold temperatures) would also be prohibited? Brrrr!

7. By gary on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

This is being done for safety reasons , Sometimes you can’t win.
    If something happened because they allowed these larger bags , then you would hear why didn’t you do something about this before we had problems.
    People are so self centered , it’s all about them.

8. By Christopher on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

Seems to me like all the women are complaining, but the guys are fine and have nothing to say because all they want is football (like me)! :) I don’t complain, I just appreciate every opportunity I get to watch the Packers play! (even if I’m on my period or I’m having a bad hair day, lol)

9. By wayner on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

All you ticket holders complain but when its time to sell that 69 dollar ticket and you are selling it for about 300 I don’t hear you complaining then. Maybe just keep your mouths shut for once.

10. By Marilyn Groneng on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

I am so thrilled we can bring in our seats! Yea! Better than Yea! I also have a football purse and have never carried it in to the stadium. Just another thing to get beer spilled on. When you stop carrying in “stuff” you will quickly learn how nice it is to not have to keep track!

11. By Mike on Jun 21, 2013 | Reply

Since I cannot tolerate anything more than a couple of coins and folded banknotes in my pants pockets (no keys or wallet), will I still be able to use the small beltpack, big enough to hold my wallet, keys and a couple of other small items (such as a jar of Carmex) that I’ve been using with no trouble at all at the warmer-weather games? Could I carry them in in the pockets of a light jacket, instead, if that is not possible? (For colder weather games, I just stuff everything into my coat pockets.)

Also, please tell me that I can still bring my ‘as seen on national TV’ faux trophy, a veteran of 12 or 13 seasons, into appropriate games!

Mike – sitting in the front row of the south end zone since 1962 (well, my family has!)
    Appleton

12. By Aaron on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

This has absolutely nothing to do with security and everything to do cracking down on carry-ins. Safety jeopardizing incidents are not high at Lambeau. The desire to make more money on concessions and rentals, however, is high. Personally, I’d like to the statistics which prompted this “security boost”. Of course I’d also like to statistics of concession sales before and after this change.

I do think it’s ridiculous that something purchased at Lambeau Field Can’t actually be brought into Lambeau Field. In my opinion it IS an invasion of privacy to force women (or anyone) to carry their personals in a clear bag the world to see. It’s true that security searches bags and purses but that’s no where near the same thing. That is ONE security person searching one person’s bag. Not the same thing as having everything on display for 73,000 ticket holders and thousands of workers.

This whole thing is ridiculous and it’s all about revenue. Just mt 2¢.

13. By R.Shafer on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

Nice to see the team providing such stringent security.
    Better safe than free I say.
    6″x12″ see through purses.
    Or better yet, zip lock bags instead of purses.
    Maybe all clothes should be see through, …just to be on the safe side.

Utter ridiculousness.

14. By Ms. Pack on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

The ban on opaque bags is to try to stop the carrying in of ALL bags. (Fewer bags coming in, fewer bags to check.) I’ve always felt relatively safe at Lambeau, but I still do not want everyone to know exactly where my wallet is. Only one choice for me: stuffing just the the bare essentials into the pants pockets from now on….

15. By Shawn on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

HEATHER: You cant stick a tampon in a clutch? If you have other needs beyond that and some lip gloss you should watch the game at home.

16. By dale on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

It’s a sign of the times. Leave your house at home and come to watch the game. A lot of people have very short memories and only think about themselves. It’s hard to balance safety and not being troublesome.

17. By gary on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

Hey Aaron, if you don’t like the new policy stay home.
    Better view , safer , cost a lot less , instant reply real close , can run for snacks and not miss a thing , blah , blah , blah.
    Whens the last time you tried going through security at an airport ?

18. By Dany on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

See through bags? Who thought that was a good idea? Of course a man wouldn’t understand seeing as he doesn’t carry around a purse. I hope everyone around me enjoys seeing my feminine products through the bag. A smaller purse would suffice but I guess security would rather just take an easier approach to checking bags.

19. By SHADOWSOLDIER on Jun 22, 2013 | Reply

Never seen a game at Lambeau and never will now I guess. Besides, my TV has better views and warmer seats. I do not have to worry about my combat injuries hurting me while I sit on a thin seat cushion. Sad news for the disabled.

20. By Asteron on Jun 23, 2013 | Reply

Did any of you idiots read that this is an NFL wide policy? Of course not…

21. By Rick on Jun 23, 2013 | Reply

Darry, believe it or not, everyone knows women use feminine products, and no one cares about seeing them.

22. By Crystal on Jun 23, 2013 | Reply

A CLUTCH? That’s it? My pink PACKERS purse won’t be allowed inside? You’ve GOT to be kidding me! Women can’t put all their “stuff” into a clutch…that’s ridiculous. I may skip a game this year….

23. By Matt on Jun 23, 2013 | Reply

Hey Crystal send me your tickets on the game you decide you skip!! All you women are so self-centered. Maybe you Ladies and Gents should talk to the people who’s lives were affected in Boston. Is that lip gloss or your “new Packer purse” really that important or worth someone getting hurt over?? I mean seriously?? Okay maybe Lambeau isn’t a main target of the NFL for “Terrorists ” but there is always a chance and the NFL knows this thats why is being implemented in EVERY NFL stadium FOR YOUR SAFTEY!!!!

24. By Erik on Jun 23, 2013 | Reply

This is not a big deal at all! If you cannot fit your personal hygiene items inside of that bag then I think you have bigger issues to deal with.

25. By Andrew on Jun 24, 2013 | Reply

If you cant fit a tampon inside of a ziplock bag then there is definitely something wrong with you and the last thing you should be worrying about is what you can and can not bring into lambeau

26. By Brandon on Jun 25, 2013 | Reply

Again: a group of men making legislation that largely affects women. I doubt they allowed any input before saying that this was a good idea.

When has there been anything remotely related to terrorism or violence through the form of a purse at a stadium?

I appreciate the pro-activeness of the NFL, but in their haste, they made a dumb decision.

27. By Kathy on Jun 25, 2013 | Reply

Everyone needs to adjust and adapt. 911 changed things

28. By Neil on Jun 25, 2013 | Reply

One more reason why I’ve seen my last game at Lambeau. I used to love going to games in the 90’s and 00’s but starting with the Atrium addition things got so much worse, since 2010 it just sucks! Don’t waste your money.

29. By Aaron on Jun 26, 2013 | Reply

Asteron, yes everyone discussing this NFL ban on a blog posted on PACKERS.COM are idiots. Discussing their feelings on how it affects them at their local stadium on their local team’s website is idiotic.

You’re right. I’m sure no one in Chicago is discussing how it affects them going to Soldier Field. Idiotic.

gary, I don’t stay home but, save for 1 game every year or 2, I don’t go there.

And yes I’ve gone through airport security. Even more ridiculous. Although, maybe stadium searched should include removing your shoes. You know, for everyone’s safety.

SHADOWSOLDIER, everyone should go at least once, preferably in the dead of winter. Don’t deny yourself the experience.

30. By Kathie Stelzner on Jun 28, 2013 | Reply

Get over it people, safety and security come first. There are too many loonies looking to make headlines and too many other nut jobs in Washington wanting us to cut them all slack. Like one of the gentlemen above stated, if you don’t like it, give up your tickets because many of us would love to move up on the list!!!

31. By Jim on Jun 28, 2013 | Reply

Everyone knows that most of you ladies own “Pressure-Cookers.” No one wants to find one of those coming into the stadium, hidden in a ‘Packers Purse’ !!!!

32. By Linda on Jun 28, 2013 | Reply

This new policy from the NFL is not about what’s inside womens purses. It’s about making fans rent seat cushions from the stadiums, buying concessions inside the stadium instead of bringing in snacks. What are they going to do when it’s winter at Lambeau? Are they going to dictate what kind of winter gear you can wear? Does that mean no snowmobile suits or long coats? What about all the hand warmers and foot warmers that people use? This issue goes far deeper than the NFL saying they want to improve security.

33. By Beth on Jun 29, 2013 | Reply

Ladies as far as personal items go. Just get a small cosmetic bag and put it in the see through purse or even a cheep pencil case would work. We have to do this where we work and it’s no big deal.

34. By Nik on Jun 29, 2013 | Reply

So sad how freedoms erode and people defend it. Seriously, women don’t want people seeing their items during that time of the month just like seniors that wear adult diapers don’t want people seeing them either. This is just ridiculous. Allow people some privacy. And what about people who bring kids who need bottles and diapers? That has to go in an inconvenient to carry ziploc bag? This is a really dumb policy that is anti-privacy and anti-freedom, in a word: anti-American.

35. By gfjstyre on Jul 1, 2013 | Reply

lucky grip

36. By gfjstyre on Jul 1, 2013 | Reply

com

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Jun 21, 2013: Carry-in and seat-cushion policies clarified | football-feed.com