• Sat., Aug. 29, 2015 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM CDT Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Gold Pkg) (Midwest Shrine Game) Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Gold Pkg) (Midwest Shrine Game)
  • Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 12:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Gilbert Brown Appearance

Gilbert Brown

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Sargento-Meijer's appearance

Oak Creek, WI
  • Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM CDT Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:30 - 5pm

Green Bay Packers Bishop’s Charities Game

Meet and Greet Autograph Table

Oneida Nation Gate, Lambeau Field

• Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game)
  • Wed., Sep. 09, 2015 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM CDT Bill Schroeder appearance at NWTC

Bill Schroeder appearance at NWTC

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

11:30 am- 12:30 pm

NWTC Green Bay Campus- Welcome Center SC240

Ask Vic Halftime: Don’t take the Bengals lightly

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on September 22, 2013 – 1:27 pm

130922-ask-vic-half-600

Mark from Kingsford, MI

How do you account for the Packers coming out so flat against the Bengals? Why is it they can’t handle teams like the Bengals or Chiefs?

I think you’re guilty of looking down your nose at the Bengals. These aren’t the old Bengals, this is a Bengals team attempting to make it into the playoffs for the third year in a row. The Bengals are the AFC North favorites and they have a stout defense. Flat? I don’t think that’s the issue. I think the Bengals are the issue.

Noah from Canton, OH
I understand we need to keep Cobb healthy, but Ross continues to make bad choices and mess up returning the ball. Why do the packers keep sending him out there?

Didn’t you answer your own question? Apparently, Ross is the best option other than Cobb. That could change. Fumbling usually necessitates change.

John from Manchester, MI

Vic, second week in a row a Packers player has been targeted in the head on a tackle. Finley was a defensless player. Why does the NFL say it’s putting an emphasis on these types of plays but doesn’t really do anything? It’s becoming a joke.

I was expecting a flag. All we can do is wait for the league and Mike Pereira to tell us whether the non-call was right or wrong. This is becoming very frustrating for me, too. I’ve covered the game for 42 years and I don’t know what the rules are anymore.

Matt from Green Bay, WI

Why, on consecutive possessions, do we chuck to the end zone on third-and-six? It seems like we don’t even try to pick up first downs anymore.

Maybe it’s a result of what the Bengals denied. I looked in the secondary and didn’t see anyone open. The Bengals are playing some very good defense.

Paul from De Pere, WI

This horrific start means we will learn a great deal about the Packers today. How will they respond? Is this a game they should win?

The character of the team isn’t at issue. The defense has already responded by forcing turnovers that have gotten the Packers back into the game. I don’t look at this game as a should win. I think that would be to look down my nose at the Bengals. I won’t do that. I have too much respect for Marvin Lewis to do that.

Tags: , ,