• Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 8:20 AM - 10:20 AM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT Live Thompson press conference General Manager Ted Thompson will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 8:20 AM - 10:20 AM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT PPCC Annual Reception

The Packers Partners Annual Reception is set for Thursday, July 31, 2014 in the Lambeau Field Atrium from 4:00 PM- 7:00 PM.

Packers Jarrett Boykin, Eddie Lacy, Datone Jones and DuJuan Harris will appear at the reception. The event will include a Player Guest Q&A, a Meet & Greet with a Packers Alumni and a Raffle Drawing.

This is a member’s only event. Invitations will be mailed the week of June 23rd, and online registration will open at 9 am CDT on June 25th and will close on July 11th at 5 pm CDT.

Invitations will include all of this information and additional details.

To sign up to become a member of the Packers Partners Club of Champions and receive an invitation to the reception, fans can go to www.packers.com/ppcc.

Read Mike’s mid-week chat transcript

Posted by Mike Spofford on September 24, 2013 – 12:38 pm

Packers.com’s Mike Spofford conducted his weekly chat with readers on Tuesday. You can read the transcript right here.

Tags: , ,

26 Responses to “Read Mike’s mid-week chat transcript”

1. By fromeo on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

PLEASE TELL ME THAT THERE LOOKING FOR A OFFENSIVE CORDINATOR!!!!

2. By Packers50 on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

I have coached and been around football for the past 35 years and truly and have been a packer fan for at least 25 of those years. I truly have not seen mis-managment of decision making from a play calling game managment situations as I see McCarthy make on a consistent basis. The Packers wiinning superbowel with McCarthy was both a blessing and curse. McCarthy drives me NUTS. Take a CLOSE look Spofford at the Packers Losses and then close victories over last two years. You will see a growing trend of McCarthy miscues. The wins are Rodgers pulling his poor calls out of the porcelain bowl. Rodgers finally told McCarthy what everyone else was thinking, what are you doing? As soon as he finds any form of success he abadones it. 49ers game Nelson eating alive Nhadi. Success achieved then abadon. Starks, Franklin beating them up. Abadon until the whole stadium thinks you are running then run. I am not panicking as the talent is there when healthy but that offence needs a new play caller that is for certain.

3. By mark pavlovich on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

I have been a play by play announcer for over twelve years in college football. I wish I could blame an offensive coordinator for every missed opportunity. Sometimes you need to realize the right play is called, but it was executed poorly. Do I agree with McCarthy all the time? No. But my disagreement is after a failed play and sometimes a successful one.
    You go to the dance with whom you are dating and I have been dating the GREEN BAY PACKERS since 1951. Maybe they are not always pretty but they are the GREEN BAY PACKERS.

4. By Rob Moss on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

I can’t beleive all the bad mouthing going on out here about one bad game out of how many good ones?? We will be stronger because of this loss, why point fingers at the very people who have spoiled us with wins? Cheer up fair weather fans the best is yet to come.
    Enjoy the roller coaster ride like the supporting fans who will be patient and understanding we can’t win them all!!! Go Pack!

5. By John Denver's Gavel on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

Aaron Rodgers is out, welcome back Brett?http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/blogs/packerblog/225107942.htm#continue_reading

6. By fromeo on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

DEAR MARK PAVIOVICH, I UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE RIGHT PLAY BEING CALLED, BUT WHEN ITS TIME AFTER TIME THE PLAY BEING CALLED IS COMPLETELY WRONG, THEN YOU USUALLY GET A DIFFERENT DATE !

7. By airpacker12 on Sep 24, 2013 | Reply

I HAVE TO SAY IT MAKES ME LAUGH WHEN PEOPLE CALL YOU A FAIR WEATHER FAN BECAUSE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT OBVIOUS FLAWS IN YOUR TEAM..FIRST I ACTUALLY OWN 1 SHARE OF GB SO I EARNED MY RITE TO SPEAK. IF WE SCORED 40 POINTS SUNDAY HOW MENY PEOPLE THINK CAPERS D WOULD HAVE SURRENDERED 41 ? I DO ! GB IS HIS LONGEST TENUR JOB IN THE PROS ! HES BEEN FIRED EVERYWHERE HES BEEN !HIS RECORDS INCLUDE THEE WORST D IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL !MOST POINTS GIVEN UP IN A SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME (CARDS )MOST RUSHING YARDS ALLOWED BY A QB. MOST COMBINED YDS BY A QB IN A PLAYOFF GAME; AHH LETS STOP THERE.TELL ME WHY HASNT HE BEEN FIRED ? CAMPMEN – NAME 1 TEAM THAT HAS RUSHED FOR FOR LESS YARDS OR GIVEN UP MORE SACKS IN THE LAST 5YRS ! YOU CANT BECAUSE THATS THEE VERY WORST (WHY FIRE ROSS AND NOT THEM AS WELL ) ! WHY DO WE HAVE A RB COACHING THE WR ?HAS THERE BEEN A DROP OFF AT THAT POSTION ? TT CLAIMS HE DEVLOPES PLAYERS THRU THE DRAFT WHERE ARE THEY ? YOU SEE WHEN YOU HAVE THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NFL YOU WILL BEAT ABOUT 60PERCENT OF THE TEAMS IN THE NFL; HOW EVER THOSE 60 PERCENT DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFF. 1 EXCEPTION TO THE RULE VIKES LAST YEAR ! LOL WHO WERE ALIVE TILL LATE IN THE 4 QTR. WITH THE EVER DANGEROUS JOE WEBB AT THE HELM… MY OPINION KEEP MM,TT…FIRE CAMPMEN, CAPERS 2 YRS AGO ! MOSS AND EDGAR AND WATCH THE DRAMTIC IMPROVMENT ON THIS TEAM….THIS TEAM HAS GREAT YOUNG DL TALENT THAT CANT BREAK THRU BECAUSE OF DC BIZZAR FORMATIONS ! 1 OR 2 DL OR MY FAVORIT EVERYBODY STANDING UP .OHH I KNOW AGAINST WEAK QB YOU CAN CREATE TURNOVERS BUT AS YOU SEE IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY EAT HIM ALIVE.OHH CHECK OUT CAPERS ALL TIME RECORD AGINST TOP TEN QB FOR THAT IN ANY GIVEN YEAR O N 20 SOMTHING >>>> I THINK WHEN HE BEAT FARVE THEY SAID HE FINALLY DID IT BUT FARVE FELL OUT OF THAT TOP TEN LIST THAT YEAR….

8. By airpacker12 on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

I NOTICED MM STOPPED TALKING ABOUT ACCOUNTABILTY, BECAUSE PEOPLE STARTED TO FIGURE OUT IT ONLY APPLIES TO PLAYERS !

9. By airpacker12 on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

PS IF ANYONE HAS THE ACTUAL NUMBERS ON CAPERS AGAINST TOP TEN QB PLEASE POST THEM…. I GOT THAT FROM THE ANOUCER AFTER FAVRE BEAT GB IN MINNE …. EITHER WAY I KNOW ITS NOT GOOD….. MM DO WHATS BEST FOR THIS TEAM LIKE YOU DID WHEN YOU RAN FAVRE OUT OF TOWN… GO PACK GO !

10. By ohiopacker on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

TIME 4 Manament to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. By Matt on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

TYPING IN CAPS MAKES IT HARD FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY.

12. By Ian on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

Why is everybody writing in ALL CAPS!?

13. By bob on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

i agree with packer50 ive been a packer fan over 50 years and my buddy a fan too always gets on my case when i point out flaws in the packer team,its like im insulting his mother,packer fans are great but sometimes they cant say bad things abut the PACKERS. I love the pack but its like watching a trainwreack in slow motion. That run up the middle,you got to be kidding,then they show mm calling the play behind his play sheets,big surprize h a ha

14. By Green Tide on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

I liked the 4th down call; maybe do a sneak but either way I think it was reasonable. For a long time the Packers running on 1st down ended in 2nd down and 11 or 14 yrads. This game was totally opposite against a team that was noted as having a good D-line. 2nd and 4 to 6 was an awesome sight.

Failure to play heads up football contributed to losing the game even though the Bengals did everything they could hand the Pack the game.

The few times the Packers D looked good are when the Bengals had busted plays. A soft D not tough enough to impose their will.

15. By Packers50 on Sep 25, 2013 | Reply

Hey Mark, you might want to check to see if your date is with you when you are heading home. The point I made is McCarthy leaves his dates. I have never seen a team go away from success that the Packers do. They find a matchup or actually start running the ball and go away. They do not even make the Defence adjust before they go away. IF Harbaugh did this Boldin would of stopped at only 100 yards instead of the ridiculous 200+. The only reason GB lost to Cin was not execution it was plain as day poor coaching/game mgmt. Barclay and the Rook at Left Tackle were creating holes for the run. Starks and Franklin were doing there jobs and Rodgers was upright. They were marching, what is the only thing that can change that. On fourth down bunching everyone up without the threat of throwing to Findlay. C’mon Man!! Accountability!! For the record pointing out criticism that my 8 year old son and his friends could figure out does not make you not a packer fan but it does make you credible.

16. By Rob Moss on Sep 26, 2013 | Reply

Packer50, you make valid points, agreed that you run until the opposing team can stop it. Sometimes less is more as far as amount of different plays called. Execution on the part of the players has to be taken advantage of by the play caller. Hopefully we see some inprovements in that area!!

17. By Lombardi's conscience on Sep 26, 2013 | Reply

Discipline? what discipline?
    Lets just line up and rely on athletic ability and pitch everything else.

18. By David Robinette on Sep 27, 2013 | Reply

I think airpacker12 and Packer50 have some very valid points!

19. By Mike on Sep 27, 2013 | Reply

Everyone here has valid points, but it pains me to see all the negativity against Mike McCarthy. He’s done so much to bring this team back and continues to make them one of the top contenders in the league. Just because they lose to 2 other contenders doesn’t mean people need to be fired. I don’t agree with letting Ross go, unless there were other underlying issues that we don’t know about. The Pack will still be in playoff contention for the remainder of the year.

20. By keith on Sep 27, 2013 | Reply

Sorry so not accustomed to losing and looking more like the teams who exited early let me know if you forgot Its called the LOMBARDI TROPHY

21. By darren des on Sep 27, 2013 | Reply

Its hard to have faith after watching that Cincy game, but I still do. This bye week could not have come at a better time. Key players will be back for week 5(hopefully). Remember, we were missing several of them for that game – players that could have made a difference. So we’re 1-2, it’s not panic time. We actually have a running game (of sorts) and Rodgers is only human so he’s going to have a *hitty game every once in awhile. The Pack is still an elite team and will turn it around!

22. By fromeo on Sep 28, 2013 | Reply

MM and TT are counting on Rogers to be the TEAM! When we now have a running game thats taking shape, MM goes back to Rogers! If the running game is woking for you ,WHY SWITCH!!! I was always told, YOU DON’T CHANGE HORSES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREAM!!! The last 2or 3 years,when we are in 4th and short,MM runs the ball STRAIGHT AHEAD into a pile, what ever happened to the GREEN BAY SWEEP!!!!

23. By Todd on Sep 28, 2013 | Reply

I agree with much of what I have read here. I thought it was just me. I honestly believe that a lot of MM and TT failures and inabilities are are masked by the unreal play of one of the greatest QBs of all time.

24. By Robert Ossig on Sep 29, 2013 | Reply

Well,…we should do ok today ! Ha,ha,ha. Enjoy the bye. My blood pressure should be at a safe level this Sunday. Have a brat and a beer, life’s too short !

25. By markwingreen on Sep 29, 2013 | Reply

Packers50, MM didn’t “go away” from the run, he lost Starks to a knee and then Franklin to a foot before he came back in at the end of the game. And Finley wasn’t even in the game on the 4th and inches-get your personnel right! And the play calling fit the players he had available. Now I agree on the 4th and inches, it was the wrong call for Franklin, but it would have been Exactly the right call with Lacy or if they’d have snuck it and it’s something I hope we see again and again. With a back like Franklin you spread it out, run a stretch play, and take your chances someone may get penetration.

26. By fromeo on Sep 29, 2013 | Reply

Markwingreen,I don’t know how you can say that running the ball on 4th and inches wouldv’e been the right call if Lacy was in.Did you not see the san fran game!, or all the previous games that GB had 4th and short! NO FIRST DOWNS!!!! That is probably one of the worst play calls iv’e ever seen! GB offensive line can’t move anyone backwards! quarterback sneak or run a play to one of the sides,or even a sweep.Anything but up the middle of NO RETURN!!!!