• Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 12:45 PM - 1:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Paul Coffman appearance Paul Coffman is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health North Reach flu clinic on Wednesday, October 1, from 5-7 p.m., in Marinette, WI.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch)

TTZ: Mark Murphy
    Club Level: Greg Koch

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 7:25 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.) Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings (Gold Pkg.)
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 10:45 PM - 11:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy, Rodgers press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy and QB Aaron Rodgers will be available to the media in the Lambeau Field media auditorium, following the Packers-Vikings matchup.

Ask Vic Halftime: Aaron Rodgers puts it on the money

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on October 27, 2013 – 8:53 pm

ask-vic-half-cenex-600-REVISE

Zack from Tallahassee, FL

You called it, Vic, on Cordarelle Patterson. This will be a good game.

All I wrote is that he’s a big-play guy that gives me much more concern than Greg Jennings does. Patterson was very nearly the Packers’ first-round pick last spring.

Tony from Lancaster, PA

Vic, even though the Vikings are a one-win team, it seems they are one player away from being a really good team. What say you?

I agree, but that one player is the most important player of all and the most difficult player to find, the quarterback. If Christian Ponder was to come of age, the Vikings could make a second-half-of-the-season run for the playoffs. There are a lot of teams with losing records in the NFC. The No. 6 seed is wide open. The Giants are a team I believe can come to life. The season is still young.

Frank from Flieden, Germany

Vic, how about the crowd? How much green is in there?

The Packers have a lot of fans here tonight, and they are loud. I would put the crowd at 60-40, Vikings fans.

Sam fromm Madison, WI

Jordy has some of the best hands I’ve ever seen. I have no idea how he catches some of those passes. Have you ever covered a receiver as sure-handed?

Sam, I’ve covered some very good receivers, beginning with Lynn Swann and John Stallworth. Jordy Nelson is an outstanding receiver. On the 11-yard touchdown catch Nelson made, Aaron Rodgers’ pass was jaw-dropping. He fit it into the tightest of windows and he zipped it past Josh Robinson’s head before Robinson was able to turn and see the ball. On the 76-yarder, the window was just as tight. Those were two incredibly skilled passes by Rodgers. Do you understand where I’m going with this?

Scott from Kennewick, WA

In the second quarter, Adrian Peterson lowered his head right into Tramon Williams’ head. Is that not a perfect example of the the new rule that should have been called?

It probably is, but it’s a rule I don’t like and it doesn’t offend me that I have yet to see it enforced. I’m all for player safety, but I don’t want to see aggressiveness eliminated from the game. Initiating contact is a trrademark of great backs. That’s just my opinion, and it would be the same if Eddie Lacy dropped his head on a Vikings cornerback.

Doug from Maplewood, MO

With so many teams going to solid-color uniforms, like the Vikings going all purple on Sunday night, will we see the Packers wear solid-green uniforms?

I hope not. I think the Vikings’ uniforms are awful looking. I don’t know why they ever changed their uniform style. I always liked their uniforms. These look like clown suits.

Ricky from Denison, IA

What do you think about how the Packers defense is doing in the first half?

The pass interference penalty on Tramon Williams was an awful call. Until that play, the defense was playing outstanding football. This is a defense on the rise. When Clay Matthews and Nick Perry return to action, I think this defense could become special.

Darin from Toronto, ON

Vic, what was going through your mind when you saw the opening play?

I thought to myself, the Packers should’ve kicked it farther. I think most people remember how it bothered me that the Vikings maneuvered to get back into the first round and draft Patterson. He’s a guy with huge upside. He can be their next Randy Moss.

Bill from Green Bay, WI

How about Micah Hyde, huh?

Randall Cobb might’ve just become a full-time receiver. The Packers are growing. Their roster is getting deeper and more talented. That’s what development does for good young players, and Hyde is one of them. By the time Cobb and Matthews return to action, look out.

Tags: , ,

19 Responses to “Ask Vic Halftime: Aaron Rodgers puts it on the money”

1. By True Steel on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

I don’t like to complain about the refs, but that call was so awful, I can’t even properly express it.

2. By DaGrise on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

Two bad defensive penalties have tainted an otherwise outstanding performance by the Packers D.

3. By Taylor on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

Pretty much the worst call ever, but unless it comes back to bite us, I don’t really care. The defense is playing great. The offense is playing outstanding. HYDE, baby! Either way, I like knowing the only points Minny has is from a return on an extremely depleted special teams (which I saw coming) and from the penalty that wasn’t. The field goal drive is the only blemish on this defense, in my opinion.

4. By KC on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

The refs have to keep this close for ratings. Without those two penalties allowing the Vikings to get 10 points, half of the audience would have turned the game off at halftime..

5. By Tom on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

Would the packers have been wise to keep Jeremy Ross due to all of the injuries to the Packers’ receiving core?

6. By Kyle on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

@Tom

Nope!

7. By Darin on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

Chris Collinsworth had been reading your blog. He pretty much said “Look Out” when the receivers come back from injury.

8. By Brian on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

I saw a fan holding a sign saying “Eddie The Hammer Lacy”. I like it!

9. By Tom on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

What do you think about Woodson’s performance so far this season for the Raiders?

10. By Tom on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

After a year of strength conditioning do you see Miles White as a potentially productive receiver, given his speed

11. By Corky on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

Besides the ratings, the money in Vegas is probably involved as well.

12. By Kyle on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

@Tom

I do see some potential in White as a receiver. I have seen nothing wrong with him so far. Here’s hoping he continues to improve!

As far as Woodson. He is doing well. The problem is that the Packer’s didn’t have the money to keep him. Had the team had the money, he probably would still be wearing the green and gold, but I am glad he is still producing on the field.

13. By OKGOPACK on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

Eddie can’t be “the Hammer”, that’s somebody else. Eddie is “the ‘Bama Slamma”.

14. By axespray on Oct 27, 2013 | Reply

Stat people should factor in BS/Garbage Points allowed…
    Our defense is awesome this year – but the 4th qt points allowed when games are over – …take those TDs away, we’re holding people under 10 points a game.

15. By Scott on Oct 28, 2013 | Reply

@Axespray…..Take those away and we would be 7-0….

16. By Mark Weber on Oct 28, 2013 | Reply

Two things, I have written to you about the play of Lattimore and whether you think Jones will get his job back. Also what do you think is the biggest difference in the defensive line? I personally think its Jolly more than anyone else. What’s you thoughts?

17. By Rick S. on Oct 28, 2013 | Reply

“These look like clown suits.”

Hey, if the suit fits, wear it.

18. By Joe on Oct 28, 2013 | Reply

I have to agree with the Vikes’ uniforms. That all purple was terrible. Seems like they are trying to throw stuff up against the wall and see what sticks (ie, trying to get fans’ attention since the team itself can’t, like the Jaguars trainwreck of a helmet!)

19. By Steven Kalas on Oct 28, 2013 | Reply

The day the Packers come out on the field in monochromatic Kelly green … I’ll never watch football again. How do the other teams doing this not notice how horrible it looks. A few weeks ago, when the Browns came out brown-on-brown, I knew that Paul Brown turned over in his grave. Sheesh.