• Sat., Aug. 02, 2014 9:30 AM - 10:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Sat., Aug. 02, 2014 5:30 PM CDT Packers Family Night, presented by Bellin Health

‘Family Night’ will serve as the introduction of the 2014 Green Bay Packers, in-person to a capacity crowd in Lambeau Field and on television to a state-wide audience.

The event, which begins with in-stadium activities at 5:30 p.m., will benefit the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids foster care adoption program, a signature program of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.

• Sat., Aug. 02, 2014 7:45 PM CDT Live Packers Family Night - Live Chat

Packers.com Editor Vic Ketchman invites fans to participate in an in-practice, “Family Night” chat, beginning at 7:45 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 2.

• Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Tue., Aug. 05, 2014 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Aug. 06, 2014 11:45 AM - 1:45 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.

Jermichael Finley speaks about his injury, recovery

Posted by Mike Spofford on October 29, 2013 – 1:32 pm

Packers TE Jermichael Finley wrote a first-person piece for The MMQB website, discussing his injury and ongoing recovery.

Here are a couple of excerpts of his comments.

TE Jermichael Finley

TE Jermichael Finley

After the hit: “It all happened very quickly. I remember seeing the defender out of the corner of my eye, and I intentionally lowered my head and shoulders to protect my knees. After I got hit, in the fourth quarter of our win against the Browns last week, my eyes were wide open. I was very conscious, but I could not move. I looked my teammate Andrew Quarless directly in the eye and whispered, ‘Help me Q. I can’t move; I can’t breathe.’ The scariest moment was seeing the fear in Q’s eyes. I knew something was wrong, but his reaction verified it. That really shook me up.”

Finley says he plans to play football again, but he doesn’t know when.

“Based on the feedback I’ve received from doctors at this point, the question is not if I’ll play again, but when. There is no better feeling in the world than making the ‘Lambeau Leap’ into the stands, and I fully intend on having that surreal feeling again soon. I will do everything in my power to rehab and get back to the player I have been, and improve into the player I know I can be.”

For the full piece on The MMQB, click here.

Tags:

46 Responses to “Jermichael Finley speaks about his injury, recovery”

1. By Janis Petzold on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Praying for your recovery JerMichael! hope to see you back this season hopefully.

2. By PackrBackr on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Get better soon man! We are routing for you!

3. By Ray on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Hang in there big guy. Take all the time necessary to come back. We need you healthy! My prayers are with you.

4. By kasey knigge on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Wishing for the best and i know that your dedication and love for football will get you back on the field with the green bay packers! we need you!

5. By Jeff B on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Thanks man, our family really appreciates watching you play. Get better soon “Fin”. Jeff

6. By Alan Goldberg on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

We know you are committed,and Packerland is committed to you. We’ll see you soon making great plays!

7. By Donna J on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Cant wait for you to recover! God bless you!

8. By John Everett on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Hey I had a neck injury too….you will get better and you WILL get back to playing again soon. You WILL be doing Lambeau leaps again soon, we pray yet Know.
    Everetts
    Bakersfield, C.A

9. By Mike from Chicago on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

We need you JM, but your family needs you more. Don’t come back at the expense of your family, but this family will welcome you back with open arms.

10. By Dave K on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Hey J Mike! Glad you’re back on your feet. Praying for a complete and fast recovery for you. Can’t wait to see you Lambeau leaping again. God Bless you!

11. By harvey o'neill on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

wish you a speedy recovery from a packer fan in Minnesota.

12. By 4dingos on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

God speed on your recovery you are a true PACKER and our prayers are with you

13. By rbpc on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

a Lambeau leap is great, but a long and healthy life is better. love to watch you play come back only if healthy!!!!!!

14. By John Surritte on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Wish you the very best and a very healthy recovery.

15. By Manny Becerra on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

wish you a healthy recovery, NFL needs more players like yourself. great ball players and a cool dude. #gopackgo!!#88

did you ever get that dodger blue suit we talked about in SF?

16. By Ed Mackiewicz on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

We are not “routing” for you but we ARE “rooting” for you. Some of us can’t spell and are too lazy to use spell chk.

17. By Canadian Bill on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

From Canada.Wishing you a complete recovery

18. By Bill Lytell on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

All of PackerNation has been thinking about you constantly. We wish you a full recovery. As much as we want you back soon, you just concentrate on getting better.

19. By Greg on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

JMike and family first, and then Packer Nation a nano-second behind you!!!

20. By David on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Howies Sports Page wishing you a full recovery.

21. By Stephen on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Prayers go out to you and your family J-Fin. We will see you catching TD’s soon.

22. By Isaac on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael, you are an inspiration to all of us. You will get healthy and will be doing even greater things. May Jesus heal you completely. Blessings

23. By R.J. Fiero II on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael, I got HURT in 2007. I sincerely HOPE you make a FULL recovery. It has taken me YEARS to get to where I am now.
    YOU, & the whole packers TEAM have made it MUCH easier. THANK YOU.
    Joey

24. By Brenda Beller on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael, there is nothing I would love to see more than you ‘Lambeau-leaping again but as a mom I would have to say only as long as it is safe for you. You certainly have much more to give to football and I think you will know when and if it is right. Here’s to a happy and healthy Jermichael!

25. By pack=life on Oct 29, 2013 | Reply

Believe in the Power of Prayer. Thanks Lord, for Jermichael’s injury as not being serious!.

26. By Robert on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

This sounds like Finley may be gone for this year. Ironicly the last time Finley went on IR the Packers won the Super Bowl and I am already getting the feeling this is going to be a special year again for the Pack.

27. By pat tn. packer backer on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

jermichael
    god speed in your recovery you will be doing the leap soon!!!

28. By JimBob on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

We’re all thinking of you, hope for a steady recovery, want to see you back on the field

29. By A.J. GForce on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael: You are in my daily prayers for a speedy recovery. I know some of what you’re going through. On July 30th, my husband rushed me to the hospital. A CT scan showed an aneurysm on the left side of my brain. It bled out and I almost died. After surgery and rehab I am on the mend. I have a follow-up doctor’s appointment tomorrow. Whatever you do, never, ever give up. Have faith that God will see you through.

30. By floridapackerbacker on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael, take the steps to get healthy no matter how long it takes. Your immediate family needs you to be whole and healthy. When you do return, your Packer family will be ready for you to continue being a TE BEAST. I’ll continue praying for your full recovery.

31. By Jerry A on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael, We love you man and are in our prayers. As much as we would like to see you back on the field, remember that there is more to life than football. Take care of yourself first, and don’t come back until you know you are ready.

32. By notthatrodgers on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

So glad to read your comments…Take care of yourself…
    Hope you get back to the greatest game with the greatest team!!! Love to watch you play, but get completely right first man…

33. By william Lea on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

Good Luck with your future team.

Time to move on, Next Man in.

34. By Kdoei on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

Prayers didn’t work for all the other individuals who are paraplegics. You are one lucky man Jermichael, hopefully no ill effects in the future.

35. By Oscar Cantillo on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

Praying for a quick recovery. Green Bay has a Great team and you are a big part of that. Take good care of yourself.

36. By Kelley Girls on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

Praying for you and your quick recovery. You are a joy to watch and we really miss you. Can’t wait to see you back on the field. God Bless You!!

37. By Amp on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

I hope you’ll always be ok

38. By Mary L on Oct 30, 2013 | Reply

We are great fans of yours …and of the PACK. We wish you a solid recovery. We hope football at Lambeau is in the picture, but don’t sacrifice a long, happy life with your family if it isn’t a wise move. You are in our thoughts and prayers…all our best.

39. By Tony C. on Oct 31, 2013 | Reply

J-Mike,

Get well and do what is best for you and your family. Regardless of the long term outcome, it is safe to say that you are pound-for-pound one of the most dominant athletes the NFL has ever seen. For example, your last touchdown was sick (i.e., shook a tackle and steam-rolled three dudes towards the touchdown). Just saying. All the best…

Kindly,

Tony C.
    Sammy’s Pizza of Green Bay
    Verretta

40. By Row Jimi on Oct 31, 2013 | Reply

Take your time, we all will be waiting in the stands to catch you on your next Lambeau Leap!!!

41. By Mike Burns on Oct 31, 2013 | Reply

Best of luck to you, Jermichael. My thoughts are with you and your family. Here’s to wishing you a speedy and complete recovery

Mike

42. By Tim on Oct 31, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael,

Your health first, my brother.

Everything else is secondary.

Godspeed!

43. By Corey on Oct 31, 2013 | Reply

Get well soon jerm. Have to say reading these comments makes me proud to be a packer fan. They are all about being concerned about jerm as a person and his family. Football just secondary to everyone. For as crazed as packer fans are about the game That still comes after the player themselves

Packer fan from north of the border

44. By zixiutangbeepollen Review on Nov 1, 2013 | Reply

Green Bay Packers Official Blog | Jermichael Finley speaks about his injury, recovery

45. By Rusty Draper on Nov 1, 2013 | Reply

A great man (Lumbardi) once said, a players priorities should be, God , Family and football.Do whats best for you .

46. By Andy Simon on Nov 1, 2013 | Reply

Jermichael,
    Wishing you a full recovery and miss watching you play. Please only come back when you are mentally as well as physically ready to. Your immmediate family needs you even more than the packers do. Wishing you the very best and hope to be watching you again whenever that is.