• Sat., Apr. 11, 2015 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT Scott Tolzien appearance Big Event for Little Kids – Bellin Health
  • Tue., Apr. 14, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Menomonie)

The Green Bay Packers announced plans for the 10th anniversary ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,’ set for April 14-18. This year’s tour includes three stops in western Wisconsin, in addition to stops in southern and eastern Wisconsin, to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.

Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Andrew Quarless, Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward, and Packers alumni Gilbert Brown, Antonio Freeman and Bill Schroeder. The tour will also feature special alumni in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Tailgate Tour, Dave Robinson and Jerry Kramer.

• Wed., Apr. 15, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Prairie du Chien)

• Thu., Apr. 16, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Baraboo)

• Fri., Apr. 17, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Elkhorn)

• Sat., Apr. 18, 2015 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM CDT LeRoy Butler appearance

Mills Fleet Farm Spring Sports Show

Jermichael Finley speaks about his injury, recovery

Posted by Mike Spofford on October 29, 2013 – 1:32 pm

Packers TE Jermichael Finley wrote a first-person piece for The MMQB website, discussing his injury and ongoing recovery.

Here are a couple of excerpts of his comments.

TE Jermichael Finley

TE Jermichael Finley

After the hit: “It all happened very quickly. I remember seeing the defender out of the corner of my eye, and I intentionally lowered my head and shoulders to protect my knees. After I got hit, in the fourth quarter of our win against the Browns last week, my eyes were wide open. I was very conscious, but I could not move. I looked my teammate Andrew Quarless directly in the eye and whispered, ‘Help me Q. I can’t move; I can’t breathe.’ The scariest moment was seeing the fear in Q’s eyes. I knew something was wrong, but his reaction verified it. That really shook me up.”

Finley says he plans to play football again, but he doesn’t know when.

“Based on the feedback I’ve received from doctors at this point, the question is not if I’ll play again, but when. There is no better feeling in the world than making the ‘Lambeau Leap’ into the stands, and I fully intend on having that surreal feeling again soon. I will do everything in my power to rehab and get back to the player I have been, and improve into the player I know I can be.”

For the full piece on The MMQB, click here.

Tags: