• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT Humana playground build (morning session)

Scheduled to appear: Andrew Quarless and Casey Hayward

• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Humana playground build (afternoon session) Scheduled to appear: Datone Jones and Micah Hyde
  • Sat., Sep. 27, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Packers Everywhere pep rally (Chicago)

Packers fans 21 years and older are invited to bring the spirit of Green Bay to Chicago a day early with a free Packers Everywhere Pep Rally. Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy will take part in the pre-gameday excitement by greeting fans and participating in a Q-and-A session with Wayne Larrivee, the radio voice of the Packers. Packers alumni Mark Chmura and Don Beebe will also be at the rally to socialize with fans, sign autographs and discuss their thoughts on the next day’s game against the Bears. A round-table discussion with Packers.com writers Vic Ketchman, Mike Spofford and the audience will conclude the event.

• Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Chicago Bears Packers at Chicago Bears
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM CDT Alumni Appearance (Murphy, Koch) Mark Murphy and Greg Koch are scheduled to appear at the Packers Pro Shop on Wednesday, October 1st, from 2:30-4 p.m.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Paul Coffman appearance Paul Coffman is scheduled to appear at the Bellin Health North Reach flu clinic on Wednesday, October 1, from 5-7 p.m., in Marinette, WI.

QB Aaron Rodgers has fractured clavicle; Packers in ‘week-to-week mindset’

Posted by Duke Bobber on November 5, 2013 – 5:04 pm

131105-rodgers-600

The Packers are in a “week-to-week mindset” with QB Aaron Rodgers’ injury, according to Head Coach Mike McCarthy in a Tuesday afternoon press conference. Rodgers suffered a fracture to the clavicle in the first series of the game when his left shoulder was driven into the ground on a sack by Bears DE Shea McClellin.

McCarthy said the doctors felt much better about the situation on Tuesday, after gathering more information on the injury.

In Rodgers’ potential absence, Seneca Wallace figures to be the starter heading into Sunday’s Week 10 contest with the Philadelphia Eagles at Lambeau Field.

“We’re preparing Seneca Wallace and getting him ready to be the starter,” McCarthy said. “I have all the confidence in the world in Seneca.”

“This is a great opportunity for our football team to show its mettle.”

The Packers head back to the practice field Wednesday afternoon.

Click here for Packers.com’s full report from McCarthy’s press conference

Tags: , ,

91 Responses to “QB Aaron Rodgers has fractured clavicle; Packers in ‘week-to-week mindset’”

1. By James on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

This just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. “Show our mettle?” I saw our mettle last night and it was more like butter.

2. By Michael R. on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Being “week-to-week” right now is very good news. Sometimes team officials and doctors can say if a player is out for a long period of time right away. This is good news.

3. By thezepol0728packfan on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

The Bills just released Matt Flynn..do we still have time to make a phone call? Keep your head up #12…Welcome to the game Wallace.

4. By Phil Z on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

We hung in that game without the best player in the league. I saw a lot of tough guys stepping up. I’m not worried about our mettle. Keep the faith James.

5. By James on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Thank you Phil Z. I needed that. Hopefully our D can rise next week against an explosive offensive team. Maybe Clay will return.

6. By Roger on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Going 1 and 2 the next three games is going to sink the ship.

7. By Jeff on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Championships can and are won with a great running game and a great defense. We currently have 1 of the 2. Defense NEEDS to step up and carry this team while 12 recovers. GO PACK!!

8. By GreenBayDiva on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

People let go of Matt Flynn and Brett Farve. Have you not noticed how bad Matt Flynn has been and shipped from team to team in a span of months??!! Why in the world would you want him back or Brett for that matter. Let Seneca do his job! The game was still a tough win for the Bears it wasn’t a walkover so be a fan and have a little faith!

9. By Bryan on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Sorry, but with Wallace I just feel like our ship is already floundering badly. Terrible year now for injuries and gonna get worse to my mind. Why did I choose this weekend to give up drinking?

10. By ericbcline on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I saw the Bears beat us by just 1 score last night. With one or two more 3rd down conversion, we win that game. And what’s more, the Bears lined up with 7, 8, or 9 in the box and we still ran right over them. Packers power running is here. Even though we lost, I can’t help but feel we will run the table as soon as Aaron is back. 11-5 should be good enough to get in the playoffs, so here’s hoping Rodgers is back within two weeks, which sounds probable.

11. By ladyfan on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

What happened to thinking positive, guys? Our big boys came through on D, and Seneca had a doggone good showing for never having been in a Packers game before. When the team practices this week, plays will improve, and they’ll work on not missing tackles. This is OUR Pack – support the team.

12. By Jeff on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Trent Dilfer has a SB Ring. Remember how?? TOUGH Running game ferocious Defense. All Trent had to do was “manage” the game and not turn it over. Seneca will be fine for now, until #12 returns……

13. By David on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I am from TEXAS and have been a packer fan since Bart Starr has coached the packers. I was so disappointed when Aaron Rogers got hurt and there was not a good back up quarterback to take over and a high school team could of beaten the Chicago Bears. The packers would with a decent back up quarterback. I don’t understand why you don’t get back Matt Flynn back. Again I was disappointed. I waited about 25ys for the packers to win a Superbowl. It finally happened under Brent Farve and then Aaron Rodgers. When I saw the packers play Monday night it brought back memories of the days when the packers where always last in their division. I do not want those days and I believe Matt Flynn would have helped with the team win games.

14. By Merle on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

In Iowa we say, “The next man up.” Seneca did some wonderful things in is career. Seneca will set up and get the job done!

15. By Jeff on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

like the way you’re thinking Merle

16. By peter on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

when i saw ol #9 , Jim McMahon, come off the bench for the Packers against the Bears, I knew it was the Bear’s night.

17. By Jamie on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Whoever says Wallace can get it done apparently wasn’t watching the same game I was, he’s terrible. Flynn could get it done. Flynn has more rings than Dan Marino

18. By Thomas on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Good news for Aaron, the Pack and us fans. He has a fracture vs. a clear break. He is young and in shape. He will heal quickly.

Wallace will be much improved this week and next.

Those who predict that we are in trouble, forget what happened last night. Any player, on any given play, can be injured. That fact, changes a teams winning chances.
    This could happen to any of our division opponents or conference opponents.
    Stay calm, trust the coaches who get paid big money to keep the team on course. Trust our defense to step up, as we get our leaders back.
    The sky is not falling. lol

19. By Dominick on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I’m going to the game Sunday. We need to be LOUD! We need to show them the fans mettle, and give them some energy to feed off of. We’re not Bears, Vikings, or Lions fans, or even worse Eagles fans. We’re the best fans in all of sports, there may never be a better time to prove it.

20. By BIG CHEESE on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

The next three games are winnable. Injured players are returning. The Lions play the Bears this week. We’re tied for first in our division. It sounds like Rodgers may be back for the Thanksgiving day game against the Lions. This has the makings of a great story book ending. GO PACK GO….NEVER SAY DIE!

21. By Jon on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Bring Vince Young back…he showed a glimmer of hope at least. He was with the team for a lot less time than Wallace has been and he looked way better. And he is an overall better athlete. And about Flynn, he did not do well outside the Packer offense, but in the Packer offense he will thrive, think. Wallace is not the answer.

22. By Patrick on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Coach McCarthy has faith in Seneca Wallace but I don’t see the Green Bay offense generating points with him at QB. Aaron Rodgers elevated the players around him. Fourth and fifth string WRs produced with Aaron throwing to them. Aaron kept the offense going despite the injuries. Seneca Wallace doesn’t have the talent to carry an offense/team. Defenses will put 8 in the box to shut down the run game and dare Wallace to beat them with his arm. Green Bay is going to struggle big time with Seneca Wallace at QB so much so that I don’t see them winning any games while he is the starting QB. Aaron is needed back ASAP if Green Bay has any hope at making the playoffs.

23. By Jean on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I say that there is hope! I think with a chance to practice with the team this week, Wallace will be much improved. Come on people….let’s show our faith in our team and our coaches. Yes, I was saddened by our loss last night, but we will overcome!!!!! The defense definitely needs to step up! Come on, let’s do this for Aaron!! After all he has given us, we need to show him our support of him and the team!

24. By Matt on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

We will just have to deal with Wallace even though it might be a tough fight to the end i think we can pull it off. Our running game will have to step it up even more than it did this season. Week to Week is great news so hopefully that is true and Rodgers will be back for the next two divisional games which are critical for us right now. Lets put that loss behind us and win it for #12. Lets Go Pack!!!

25. By mazovoid on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I really like how Rodgers said it was one of the greatest moments of his career when he walked out of the tunnel after being injured, getting a large, welcoming ovation from the crowd. Touching. I’m glad he realizes how important he is to the packers fan base. Lord knows I died a little on the inside when he went down.

26. By ray on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Reminds me of something a successful person said to me when I was in my early 20’s that has never left me: “If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!” Heartbreak heartbreak heartbreak! At least as consolation I have my Anaheim Ducks! Stinking Bears! I’ve watched the tackle many times. He did all possible to maximize the opportunity and succeeded in the goal.
    Another reason to hate the Bears!

27. By BIG CHEESE on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Patrick last night: “Rodgers, torn rotator cuff, out for season”.

Patrick last night: “You fools will know my great insight tomorrow and will need to deliver an apology”.

Sorry Patrick, sorry you were wrong. Now change your screen name to try and save face.

The Packers are writing an amazing story on their way to a Super Bowl Championship in February. GO PACK GO… Trolls, just GO…..

28. By Eric on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Exactly Wallace can’t even see over the line Young could have won the game w his feet last night. Terrible foresight by TT and MM to go w Wallace over Young.

29. By KingdomCome on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I love the Packers, but some of the comments on here get me worried about our human race. It sounds like some people are in need of anti depressants because of Rodgers injury. Put this part of your life back into perspective haha.

30. By Stephen Karlson on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Toward the end of the first half, Bears start at their one, kick a field goal as time expires. Just under ten minutes to go in the game, Bears start deep in their own territory, use nine minutes or so, kick another field goal. Defense gets off the field a little more expeditiously, might have a different result. Defense doesn’t get off the field, doesn’t matter who is taking the snaps.

31. By Anashia Osby on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Get well Aaron, Randall and Clay!!! Praying u guys get better, GO PACK!!!

32. By rrfpacker on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

“This is a great opportunity for our football team to show its mettle.”

I agree with posts above, the team showed their mettle last night and it was a disappointment. This defense, even with Matthews, is not up to the task and certainly not one to win a championship with.

I’m less concerned about Wallace/Rodgers/the offense than I am about this horrible defense. Absolutely cannot get a stop when it has to.

33. By Aidee on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

C’mon Packer fans, the team is still there. Bears had backup QB for a couple of weeks and Packers only lost by 7 pts. Considering our backup was there for one game, it show’s resilience. The Packer team as a whole has improved and will continue! Let’s improve as fans as well. They put the effort so let’s put our efforts and encourage the team to better! GO PACK GO!

34. By bill on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I’ve had two fracured clavicles and each one took about six weeks of therapy to get my are to the point where I could reach over my head.

35. By Brian on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I am keeping my hopes up. Seneca isn’t Aaron, but he threw a couple of good shots downfield last night. All he has to do is not turn it over, and let the rest of the team have an opportunity to make a win or two while Aaron heals. If he does, he’s a mid-season hero! And the Pack can certainly still make the playoffs, it’s not over by a long shot. GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!

36. By Patrick on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Big Cheese – this is my first post in well over a year so I have no idea who you are referring to. I am a Pavker fan in NJ and have been one since 1965. I have made two trips to Lambeau Field. If some other poster using the screen name Patrick (pretty common name here in NJ) got your shorts in a bunch, take a breath … it wasn’t me. And I stand by my comments on Seneca Wallace.

37. By Morgan Mundane on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

o

38. By BIG CHEESE on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

10-4 Eric.

39. By Tom from NJ on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Can you imagine the energy when OUR Packers are healthy in December heading into the playoffs? These set backs will make for a story book ending.
    Now is the time for Packer fans to be loud and proud. Next man up! Packer Proud!

40. By Sav on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Come on guys, let’s get behind our team and have a little confidence in Seneca! We chose to support this team and wear the colors, so let’s do it with pride! GO PACKERS!!!

41. By Jordy on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

LOL, lots of Tuesday morning GM’s and head coaches. Its amazing were in 1st place with these HUGE setbacks.

42. By AlexV on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Yes this is almost our worst nightmare, but it could be worse (ACL?). We need to support Wallace, he just came on a few weeks ago and will take some time to get up to speed and on the same page as the rest of the offence. Go Wallace! And good job last night, we’ll be all right.

43. By Patrick from NJ on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

A week of preparation for Seneca Wallace will help but it won’t keep defensive lineman from swatting the ball back into his face. The one injury NFL teams can’t overcome over the long term is at the QB position. I would rather put my faith in a quick healing Aaron Rodgers than relying on Seneca Wallace at QB.

44. By emv83 on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I think the Packers can win some of these games without Rodgers because we have an easy 3 game stretch coming up.

I don’t know why some people are so convinced that Young would be that much better. I remember Flynn did not look very good in his 1st game vs Detroit when he came in after Rodgers concussion. Then after a week to prepare he was very good vs New England. Not saying that will happen with Wallace, but I will give him a chance with a week of preparation.

45. By Jordy on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

good call emv83

46. By Dab on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

So who is backing up Seneca?

47. By Ty Payne on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I posted this on NFL.com, so I will gladly put it through here with a little more elaboration. A-Rod is going to collect his gigantic pay check no matter if he is riding the bench or playing – and his competiveness can’t help the Packers if statistically they can not make the playoff’s. There is a solid chance that by the team Rodgers is ready, the Packers season will done and they are just playing out the season and looking to the next year.

48. By Larry Lutz on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Just talked to my best friend who is orthopedic shoulder surgeon sports medicine..six weeks minimum for fractured clavicle…

49. By Jordy on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Depends on how bad the fracture is.

50. By Cecile Narquardt on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Get better soon Aaron. The Bears fans have been chest pumping all day.

51. By Deon on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Well Green Bay….it’s time to be #FinleyStrong. If Wallace can get the timing down with his receivers (James Jones coming back helps alot) and protection from the offensive line we should be ok. Our defense has to step up though. If we can control the clock with our running game we’ll be fine in the NFC North and that’s all that matters. Alot of players were hurt during the Super Bowl season. Next man up!

Go Pack Go!

Have Faith

Deon

By way of Cincinnati, OH (I hate the Bengals by the way)

52. By will frantz on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

where is the faith in our team people. Seneca Wallace got thrown into the Hot Oil last night by next week he will be ready to help lead our boys.

53. By Robert Eustace on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Though I am clearly disappointed by last nights loss, I remain proud of this 2013 packers team. In spite of all the injuries and adversity, this Packers team is resilient and reminds me a lot of the 2010 Championship team, that won it all and as a Wildcard (on the road) in the most difficult way possible. This team, again has that look and feel and I believe when all is said and done, we’ll be able to look back upon this season with great admiration and glad memories.
    GO – PACK – GO !!!!

54. By otissistrunk on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Let’s give Wallace all the reps with the first team this week and tweak the plays a little to suit Wallace’s style and he’ll be fine.This may be for the rest of the year so we gotta get behind this guy.As for Matt Flynn,everyone knows what he can do in this system.Does he have the confidence anymore to compete? I know he would have to humble himself and take a huge pay cut for TT to even consider him.

55. By Jim on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

What about a backup for Wallace?

56. By Ralph Colucci on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I reckon Mike McCarthy has to say that about Wallace but the situation just doesn’t make sense. There are so many talented QB’s that have come out of college the last 3 years yet the whole back-up QB fiasco this year has been mind boggling. Minnesota with Freeman, Fitzpatrick with Tennessee, Flynn in Oakland and Henne at Jacksonville all struggled and lost every game meanwhile how many more Thaddeus Lewis’s are there sitting around on practice squads or out of football altogether. High time the NFL had a minor league with franchises in places like Hartford, Shreveport, Toronto, Montreal, Akron, Columbus, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Anahiem, LA, Evansville, Lexington, Milwaukee, Providence, Rochester, Syracuse, Toledo, Newark, Staten Island, San Antonio, Erie, Muncie,Portland, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Fresno, Mesa, Tuscon, Omaha, Tulsa, Wichita etc. to give the kids a place to play until needed. Done right and TV money would pay the whole shot. Play from September to the trading deadline and then break until after the super bowl finishing up from mid February to the end of April.

57. By Mike on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I really don’t like the gloom and doomers here. I believe Seneca has the skills to be a competent NFL quarterback. I believe this because Ted Thompson signed him to our team and Mike McCarthy is his Head Coach. Seneca has a team around him who believes in their Coach and the system he has instilled. The players around Seneca are outstanding players and believe, why can’t we? I believe we have gone over the saturation point of high level players not playing due to injury, yet we were in that game last night until the very end.

I still believe we are a top level playoff contender. I believe we the best combined 53 in the league. We may not have the best 11 right now, but we have the best 53 and it takes 53 to be elite in this league.

58. By Don Longlott on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I don’t believe Senaca can get it done. Not only that but what about a backup for him? Does anyone know about a quarterback on the practice squad that Cleveland Browns wanted so bad. Could he be the answer? Matt Flynn or Tim Tebow?

59. By Kevin on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Naturally, Mason Crosby would become the starting QB since he has the most points on the team.

60. By AlexV on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I vote for BJ Raji.

61. By Ralph Colucci on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

PS 20000 fans per game paying $15 on average would raise half the required money – Why hasn’t this been done already?

62. By Don on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

If it were not for holding non-calls on the Bear wide receivers, especially Marshall, the last drive never happens by the Bears. Also, McCarthy’s decision to not challenge the 3rd and 11 catch by the tight end could have changed the outlook of the game completely. He had 3 TOs in his pocket and was unwilling to take the risk on something that could have easily been reversed. Confidence starts at the top and he showed a lack of confidence on Wallace by his play calling and should have tested the refs on that call.

The running game is looking dominant and needs to stay that way for years so we can keep 12 healthy.

63. By Kirsten on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I’d like to take a moment to compliment all the fans at last night’s game as well as virtually everyone in town for their amazing spirit. I was born during the Vince Lombardi years and have been a shareholder since 97. This first game for all of us was a gift to my breast cancer survivor sister for her 50th birthday. We drove 13 hours each way so we truly appreciate the positive experience. Keep the faith. I love that message. Prayers for Aaron’s healing and God Bless Green Bay and the Packers. We hope to be lucky enough to come see you again.

64. By BIG CHEESE on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Excellent post Kirsten.

65. By Bill Simonson on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

I hope Aaron recovers quickly without any underlying problems. He’s really a good Man in all aspects and it’s an honor to have him on “our” team. What this boils down to now is the “Team”. The Green Bay Packers Team is unquestionably the best in the league. Seneca is just part of it as is Aaron, and all the rest. I’m positive with a little duct tape, bailing wire, and some intuitive applications Mike can have this grid iron green and gold monster devouring it’s adversaries in a week. The fans know this in their hearts, and I believe the players do too. It’s no time here to doubt the ability of the team as a whole. It’s time to support the team as loyal fans, and help them excel in their game. Go Packers!

66. By VanDad84 on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Aaron Rodgers would be fine today if we didn’t have such a patch work offensive line. Our luck ran out on Monday night. Unless Thompson finally gets serious about some decent offensive linemen we are in trouble. Come on, we have a guy from Idaho State starting, that’s bottom of the barrel time and I’m from Idaho.

67. By Beatthedrum01 on Nov 5, 2013 | Reply

Huh? Your comment bout a high school team could have beat Bears??? Well guess what… a former high schol coach (Backup QB McCown) beat your beloved Packers. Bears also w/o their 2 best players. Packers in for long road ahead with no quality backup QB.

68. By SenecaBacker on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Get out of town! Do you REFUSE to pay attention to what the people who KNOW what is going on have been saying?
    Wallace came in cold Monday night – into an offense that was prepped to operate around Aaron Rodgers – NOT Seneca Wallace. So can you judge him based on that? Not unless you’re a moron. This week will be ALL about preparing the team to function 100% around Seneca Wallace. Plays designed to maximize his strong points. Plays that he will get plenty of reps with during practice all week. the Seneca Wallace you see this coming Sunday will be NOTHING like the Seneca Wallace you saw Monday night.
    So if you’re just throwing up your arms and wailing that the season is over … you can’t honestly claim to be a Packers fan.
    Would McCarthy keep Wallace on the roster if he didn’t believe he had the skills to get the job done when he has to? No. And to think otherwise is ridiculous!

69. By Jim on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Favre! Get over it and bring him back for a few games. Heal the fans, win a few games, sell more gear/tickets, retire his jersey when Rogers returns. Everybody wins!

As for winning the games, well, he has as good of a shot if not better than the alternatives and frankly it does not matter; the season is impaired now. Win’s would be a bonus.

70. By caliber8 on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Pack cannot keep up with Philly w/o Rodgers and will not beat Lions in Detroit. Wallace is the QB until December, at which point Pack will be a 500 team. Bears are better with McCown than Cutler, and Stafford is now the best in the division. Wait til next year…

71. By Duncan Wierzchowski on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Why Aaron Why.

72. By Patrick from NJ on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

A few posters remarked that Green Bay has 3 easy games coming up. That may have been the case with Rodgers at QB but not with Seneca Wallace. The Eagles are a better team on the road than at home (Eagles haven’t won a game at home since Sept. of last year). The betting line went from Packers -9 to -2.5 after the Rodgers injury. The Giants have owned Green Bay the past two years and Met Life Stadium is a tough place for visiting teams. Minnesota is a Division game which is always tough. I hope i’m wrong but I believe the Packers offense suffers big time w/o Rodgers and they will be hard pressed to be a .500 team in his absence.

73. By Michael Tuma on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

They should acquire Vince Young anyway. If the offensive line continues to do a poor job of protecting the quarterback, Wallace might be on the IR next, and very soon.

74. By Sockettuem on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

My guerss is 4 to 6 weeks with Rodgers, depending on the type of fracture. May be a season ender for the team unless the defense can really step up. Didn’t look too promising on Monday night, but if Matthews comes back and Perry can stay healthy for more than a week, maybe. My confidence meter re: Wallace is pegged at low.

Is conditiong the problem with all these injuries or are we just cursed with bad luck?

75. By Andres on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Im not clear about this; i mean NFL.CO posted thar AR12 will be out for 4-6 weeks; but yesterday I saw the press conference and coach said its a week to week!!!

What should I believe?

WHY AR12 WHY?:(

76. By Perry on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

DITTO Jim! What a way the Packers and Favre could begin the healing. A good way for Brett to hear cheers of love and support once more. What a homecoming that would be, even if he sat on the sidelines wearing the Jersey as a backup for Wallace.

“By Jim on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Do the right thing Green Bay. Bring back Favre and reconcile what all NFL fans would like to see; #4 hanging in Lambeau.”

77. By Sockettuem on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Andres, any clavicle (collarbone fracture) is going to require a minimum of 4 weeks, even if it is a simple union fracture. Any other it will likely be 6 weeks. No getting around it.

78. By Greg Rogers on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Best wishes to Aaron Rodgers for a Quick and full recovery. As a Chicago Bear fan and as a football fan, I respect Mr. Rodgers as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. One should never wish injury on any player. Let’s remember sportsmanship. Let’s remember that after all…..”It’s just a Game.”

79. By Aidee on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

Well said, Greg!

80. By Isaac Adams on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

I’m curious if Rodgers is going to use hyperbaric oxygen therapy like Colston from the Saints.

81. By Pat on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

O-line has been solid and it was good coverage by the bears. Aaron should have thrown with ball through the in-zone and not tried to buy time. His abilities to escape pressure have literally caught up to him. Throw the ball away and kick the FG. Next five series would have been 31 points, enough for win and no injury. Get well soon Packers…

82. By VanDad84 on Nov 6, 2013 | Reply

O line solid?? What game were you watching?

83. By George Baehr on Nov 7, 2013 | Reply

I’m a German from Germany and I’ve been one of the few Packers fans here in Germany. I visited Lambeau in 99 and often proudly wear my green-yellow hats and shirts.

Of course I also was shocked seeing our #12 leaving the field last Mon night (Tue very early morning for me) due to the injury. That Seneca could not replace Aaron 1:1 was not surprising. But I’m an optimist and believe that they will prepare him for the next match as good as possible. With a good rushing (rookie E. Lacy!), the underestimated WR Jordy N. and a strong defense we will beat the Eagles next Sun at Lambeau!

Just wanted to show my support to the Packers fans from this side of the big pond. GO PACK!

84. By Andrés on Nov 7, 2013 | Reply

Sure we will Germán! Our coaching staff Is really good; and seneca will run the gameplan! Go pack Go! We never give up!

85. By gibby on Nov 7, 2013 | Reply

anyone ever wonder why year after year Green Bay gets hit so hard with injuries ??

86. By gibby on Nov 7, 2013 | Reply

just don’t get it ??

87. By Russ Pierson on Nov 7, 2013 | Reply

Packers are still the packers ….Support wallace until Rodgers return ….

88. By VanDad84 on Nov 7, 2013 | Reply

Yes, the constant injuries are a problem. Mathews is a key part of our defense. Now it seems that he misses more games than he plays in each year. Hawk is a stud, he rarely misses games. We need more like him!

89. By cindy on Nov 7, 2013 | Reply

Keep the faith.

90. By edd851 on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

Yes the running game is coming around, but it still requires a quarterback who can recognize defenses, call an audible and has an accurate arm on those 3rd and long situations. As for day to day or week to week I don’t see Rodgers back in less than 4 weeks, a fracture takes time to mend. I agree the defense needs to step up big time, but the O line also needs to protect the QB which this line has not done very well so far this season

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Nov 7, 2013: Aaron Rodgers: Collarbone fracture ‘significant injury’ | time2sports.com