• Wed., Sep. 17, 2014 1:35 PM - 2:00 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Wednesday, September 17, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Thu., Sep. 18, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Thursday, September 18, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Fri., Sep. 19, 2014 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Friday, September 19, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions
  • Mon., Sep. 22, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Monday, September 22, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT Humana playground build (morning session)

Scheduled to appear: Andrew Quarless and Casey Hayward

T.J. Lang returns to practice, has chance to play

Posted by Mike Spofford on November 8, 2013 – 1:51 pm

The Packers might be fully healthy on the offensive line this week after all.

RG T.J. Lang

RG T.J. Lang

RG T.J. Lang, who missed the second half of Monday night’s game with a concussion, said he was medically cleared for non-contact work and returned to practice on Friday on a limited basis. He said he still had another test to take to get 100 percent clearance, so a final decision on his status would be coming over the weekend.

He’s officially listed as questionable on the injury report.

“I feel pretty good,” Lang said. “Each day this week I’ve slowly gotten a little better. I don’t know about my chances Sunday.

“We have to make sure I’m 100 percent before I step on the field. The decision might come tomorrow or it might come Sunday, but I always have to prepare like I’m going to play. I don’t like missing time. There’s still a chance I can be out there.”

If Lang can play on Sunday, the starting offensive line would remain intact. In his absence on Monday night, RT Don Barclay slid over to take Lang’s guard spot, and Marshall Newhouse came off the bench to play right tackle.

“We’ll visit with him tomorrow,” Mike McCarthy said. “I don’t take any chances when it comes to those types of things. He felt all along that he was going to be ready to play, but we’ll check him again in the morning.”

Having the starting offensive line together should help backup QB Seneca Wallace, who will be making his first start in place of QB Aaron Rodgers. McCarthy officially ruled Rodgers out on the injury report Friday.

McCarthy emphasized, however, that the game shouldn’t hinge on the change at QB, and that’s the message he has delivered to his team.

“No disrespect to Aaron, and he knows this too … but you get to the point where it’s about your football team,” McCarthy said. “We’re trying to accomplish something special as a team. Now, special is winning on Sunday, because that’s all that really matters, and that’s what it’s all about.

“This is a long journey. We’re only halfway through the season. But this is a great opportunity for everybody on our football team to step up and be successful. We missed that opportunity Monday night.”

To McCarthy, the week hasn’t been about making drastic changes but rather proper adjustments.

“We’re not going to try to do things we’re not capable of doing,” he said. “We’re not going to throw things against the wall. You’re going to recognize our offense, you’re going to recognize our defense and you’re going to recognize how we play on special teams. Everything we’ve done this week, like we do every week, is to go win the game. We really have moved past playing without Aaron.”

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “T.J. Lang returns to practice, has chance to play”

1. By reason1265 on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

I hope we don’t recognize the defense we saw Monday night…… phew…..

2. By Brian K. Green Bay, WI on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

Couldn’t agree more. It was disheartening that the Bears ate up the forth quarter clock like they did. The defense needed to come up with a touchdown or a turnover deep in Chicago territory to set up the offense. Come on Capers, for the 3-4 weeks Rodgers is out your guys are going to have to come up BIG to help keep the Packers in Contention for the tournament. I do not fault Seneca Wallace for Monday night’s loss, I look squarely at the defense. Have Clay Matthews back, even though he may only be 70-80% will help because Philly will still need to pay attention to him, hopefully giving another Packer defender or two a change to create havoc with the Philly ofense

3. By Brian K. Green Bay, WI on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

Sorry for the couple misspelled words, but I think you can get the gist of what I’m saying

4. By David M. on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

Hope T.J. plays. Barclay is below average at best. Watched replay on tv of Rodgers getting hurt and it was Barclays man who tackled him. Moments earlier Barclay had the chance to pancake the guy and he just stood there flat-footed toe to toe with the guy not even trying to block him thinking they were both out of the play until the guy took off and tackled Rodgers. Hey Barclay have you heard of playing to the whistle – this is the NFL !!

5. By fromeo on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

I think that ALL you so CALLED packer fans should show TRUE BACKING of the PACKERS,If you can’t back the players that we have, like Wallace, lets see what happens after he has had a FULL WEEK OF REPS with the 1st string offense,witch he hasn’t had ALL YEAR! Have some faith, THERES NO QUARTER BACK, FLYNN, YOUNG, NUN THATS GOING TO FILL THE SHOES OF ROGERS. So lets BACK OUR PACK!!!!!

6. By troy on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

i second that GO PACK GO

7. By Oli on Nov 8, 2013 | Reply

I heard from Vic’s column that Rogers has a chip fracture and that only takes pain management. Where the H did this come from, supposably some med student and I would hopeeeeee this us true, go Pack and Senaca let’s win this one!!!!!

8. By northerner on Nov 9, 2013 | Reply

Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst…… GO PACK

9. By Dustin on Nov 9, 2013 | Reply

PACKERS TO WORK OUT MATT FLYNN “IN THE NEAR FUTURE” VIA SEVERAL SOURCES. HERE’S ONE OF MANY I FOUND ON GOOGLE:

10. By AL NEUBAUER on Nov 9, 2013 | Reply

A [east may bee that will help the O=line.

11. By JoAnn Muir on Nov 9, 2013 | Reply

I have no faith what-so-ever in the defense. There is something seriously wrong, either with the coaching staff, which I think is the REAL problem, too much neopotism in the coaching staff.

12. By Jim Connon on Nov 12, 2013 | Reply

It’s strange for me to be posting on a Packers blog since I’ve been a lifelong Bears fan (I don’t hate the Packers – you’ve got a terrific franchise and history, which I respect).

I’m writing because I work for a Web Design company and we have a client who has some breakthrough technology for dealing with broken clavicles which is really amazing – and which might help Aaron Rogers heal more quickly. The website is http://www.sonomaorthopedics.com and the recovery time is much quicker and the odds of recurring injuries is diminished.

Aaron Rogers is an amazing football player. He should not have to be sidelined any longer than is necessary – although if he sits out against the Bears, that would help us in Chicago :)

13. By Jim Connon on Nov 12, 2013 | Reply

*Rodgers. No disrespect intended.