• Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 10:45 AM - 11:15 AM CDT Live Coach McCarthy Press Conference

10:45 a.m.                   Head Coach Mike McCarthy available in Media Auditorium

• Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 12:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 9:15 AM - 9:45 AM CDT Live GM Thompson Live Press Conference

9:15 a.m.                     GM Ted Thompson available in Media Auditorium

• Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Gilbert Brown Appearance

Gilbert Brown

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Sargento-Meijer's appearance

Oak Creek, WI
  • Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM CDT Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:30 - 5pm

Green Bay Packers Bishop’s Charities Game

Meet and Greet Autograph Table

Oneida Nation Gate, Lambeau Field

• Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game)

Ask Vic Halftime: Lions loss to Steelers huge for Packers

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on November 17, 2013 – 4:43 pm

ask-vic-half-cenex-600-REVISE

Sean from Saint Paul, MN

I’m looking for hope. Not seeing much. I’m glad Detroit lost.

The Lions’ loss in Pittsburgh is huge for the Packers. It’s as good as a win by the Packers. In my mind, whether the Packers win or lose to the Giants, the Packers will have to win in Detroit. I’m not suggesting in any way shape or form that this game isn’t important, but the Steelers’ win over the Lions could turn out to be the game of the year for the Packers. It might be this team’s DeSean Jackson punt return.

Joey from Rhinelander, WI

Players, not plays, right? OK, then why are the players always leaving the middle of the field wide open on defense?

Apparently because they can’t stop leaving the middle of the field open. The Packers are not scheming to leave the middle of the field open, if that’s what you’re asking.

Simon from Virum, Denmark

Is it just me or has the defense changed since the game vs. Ravens?

The Ravens began the day with the league’s No. 29 offense. Did we overrate the Ravens?

Justin from Newark, DE

Vic, the defense is frustrating me.

Justin, my inbox is a place of overwelming frustration. I appreciate the frustration but I was getting it before the Giants had even scored. Shouldn’t we be a little more resilient? They’ve only allowed 10 points.

Pat from Altoona, WI

How about them Steelers?

Did I mention that the Lions lost?

Jason from Wausau, WI

You won’t post this, but I’m going to vent anyway. Third play of the game and the Packers are penalized for too many men on the field. That is all on the coaches. Unacceptable.

I agree, but you were wrong about me not posting your comment. I’m a good marketing copywriter.

Hunter from Neillsville, WI

Why don’t the Packers blitz Clay Matthews more often?

I think you’ll see more of that, but blitzing is a product of down and distance and the belief that you can get home with it. Remember, the other guys have a game plan, too.

Mohammed from Bayonne, NJ

Do you think Mike McCarthy should let Tolzien run some more passing plays? He seems like he has a hot hand.

I think he should let him warm to the occasion. This is his first pro start. Let him get a feel for it. I’m counting on the running game and the defense to buy him some time. We’ve got a long way to go, folks. Hang in there.

Tags: , ,