• Sat., Apr. 11, 2015 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT Scott Tolzien appearance Big Event for Little Kids – Bellin Health
  • Tue., Apr. 14, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Menomonie)

The Green Bay Packers announced plans for the 10th anniversary ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,’ set for April 14-18. This year’s tour includes three stops in western Wisconsin, in addition to stops in southern and eastern Wisconsin, to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.

Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Andrew Quarless, Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward, and Packers alumni Gilbert Brown, Antonio Freeman and Bill Schroeder. The tour will also feature special alumni in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Tailgate Tour, Dave Robinson and Jerry Kramer.

• Wed., Apr. 15, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Prairie du Chien)

• Thu., Apr. 16, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Baraboo)

• Fri., Apr. 17, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Elkhorn)

• Sat., Apr. 18, 2015 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM CDT LeRoy Butler appearance

Mills Fleet Farm Spring Sports Show

Ask Vic Halftime: Lions loss to Steelers huge for Packers

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on November 17, 2013 – 4:43 pm

ask-vic-half-cenex-600-REVISE

Sean from Saint Paul, MN

I’m looking for hope. Not seeing much. I’m glad Detroit lost.

The Lions’ loss in Pittsburgh is huge for the Packers. It’s as good as a win by the Packers. In my mind, whether the Packers win or lose to the Giants, the Packers will have to win in Detroit. I’m not suggesting in any way shape or form that this game isn’t important, but the Steelers’ win over the Lions could turn out to be the game of the year for the Packers. It might be this team’s DeSean Jackson punt return.

Joey from Rhinelander, WI

Players, not plays, right? OK, then why are the players always leaving the middle of the field wide open on defense?

Apparently because they can’t stop leaving the middle of the field open. The Packers are not scheming to leave the middle of the field open, if that’s what you’re asking.

Simon from Virum, Denmark

Is it just me or has the defense changed since the game vs. Ravens?

The Ravens began the day with the league’s No. 29 offense. Did we overrate the Ravens?

Justin from Newark, DE

Vic, the defense is frustrating me.

Justin, my inbox is a place of overwelming frustration. I appreciate the frustration but I was getting it before the Giants had even scored. Shouldn’t we be a little more resilient? They’ve only allowed 10 points.

Pat from Altoona, WI

How about them Steelers?

Did I mention that the Lions lost?

Jason from Wausau, WI

You won’t post this, but I’m going to vent anyway. Third play of the game and the Packers are penalized for too many men on the field. That is all on the coaches. Unacceptable.

I agree, but you were wrong about me not posting your comment. I’m a good marketing copywriter.

Hunter from Neillsville, WI

Why don’t the Packers blitz Clay Matthews more often?

I think you’ll see more of that, but blitzing is a product of down and distance and the belief that you can get home with it. Remember, the other guys have a game plan, too.

Mohammed from Bayonne, NJ

Do you think Mike McCarthy should let Tolzien run some more passing plays? He seems like he has a hot hand.

I think he should let him warm to the occasion. This is his first pro start. Let him get a feel for it. I’m counting on the running game and the defense to buy him some time. We’ve got a long way to go, folks. Hang in there.

Tags: , ,