• Thu., Sep. 18, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Thursday, September 18, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Fri., Sep. 19, 2014 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Friday, September 19, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions
  • Mon., Sep. 22, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM CDT Live McCarthy press conf. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to the media on Monday, September 22, in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT Humana playground build (morning session)

Scheduled to appear: Andrew Quarless and Casey Hayward

• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Humana playground build (afternoon session) Scheduled to appear: Datone Jones and Micah Hyde

Shields, Perry, Jolly, Barclay all probable for Thursday

Posted by Mike Spofford on November 27, 2013 – 12:52 pm

The Packers appear to be getting some of their injured players back for the Thanksgiving showdown with the Lions.

CB Sam Shields (hamstring), LB Nick Perry (foot/ankle), DE Johnny Jolly (groin) and OT Don Barclay (knee) — all of whom have missed at least the last two games, except Jolly, who sat out only last Sunday vs. Minnesota — are all listed as probable on the injury report for Thursday’s game following their participation on practices on Tuesday and Wednesday.

“As far as the amount of work we were able to get done the last two days on the field, it has been in a limited fashion as far as the workload,” Mike McCarthy said. “I’m encouraged. I trust they feel good and they’re ready to go. Hopefully nothing changes between now and tomorrow.”

The return of Shields is particularly timely, with the defense going up against the league’s most explosive receiver in Calvin Johnson, who missed the first meeting with the Packers back on Oct. 6 due to a knee injury.

McCarthy wasn’t going to reveal the game plan against Johnson, but it’s a safe bet Shields will get a fair share of time against him.

“I’m just happy to have Sam Shields back on the field,” McCarthy said. “Obviously he was playing very well for us. Calvin Johnson is obviously a dynamic player and he’s a real focus for us defensively.”

For the Packers’ complete injury report, click here.

Tags: , , ,

20 Responses to “Shields, Perry, Jolly, Barclay all probable for Thursday”

1. By Greg Blakely on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

Awesome 4 starters that should return to the lineup will be a great help so glad to see all of them back.

2. By John on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

Great! GO PACK GO!

3. By Rick S. on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

Sweet. Best news all week. Expecting some rust with Perry but Neal and Mulumba are ready, too.

4. By James on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

The stars are lining up… lol I just realized what I did there.

5. By packersthrowbackuniforms on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

That’s 4 of 22; almost 20% of starters returning., That’s four fresh bodies that’ll help out even more on a short week for the others.

6. By PREACHER on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

This is WIN OR LOOSE situation!!!!! WIN- on top of division, LOSE- be watching Detroit or Chicago in the playoffs!! NO WILD CARD FROM THE NORTH DIVISION THIS YEAR!

7. By Scott on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

Youre “preaching” to the crowd there Preacher! Pretty smart play of words I just did there huh? LOL

ME SO SMART!

8. By airpacker12 on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

WHAT IS MM RESUME WITHOUT ROGERS ? EVEN BEFORE HE CAME TO GB ? WHY IS A RUNNING BACK COACHING THE WR IN GB ? HOW MENY OL COACHES WHO HAVE GIVEN UP 50 PLUS SACKS 3 OUT OF THE LAST 6YRS, STILL HAVE A JOB ?

9. By airpacker12 on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE, WHY HAS DOM BEEN FIRED EVERYWHERES HES BEEN ? AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE DOING BACKGROUND CHECKS ?

10. By airpacker12 on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

GOT NEWS FOR YOU ALL BEFORE AR GOT HURT; GB ONLY WINS WERE AGAINST TEAMS WITH LOSING RECORDS !EXC…THE LIONS AND WE WONT SEE THEM IN THE SB.

11. By airpacker12 on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

A FEW YEARS BACK WE WERE 12-0 AND EVERYBODY WANTED TO CLOSE THAIR EYES AND PLUG THAIR EARS TO THE FACT THAT ALLS GB HAD WAS AN ELITE QB !

12. By airpacker12 on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

NOW DO YOU ?????????

13. By airpacker12 on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

START NOW ON FIXING THESE PROBLEMS AND I PROMISE YOU THE WORD DYNASTY WILL BE THE WORD IN GB !

14. By kevinrobinson669 on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

I am very serious when I say that if We loose the lions will not win the divison anyway. But since the Pack have some real players back We have a good chance of winning Thursday. The whole nation will be watching. Please God, Let everyone on the Team be prepared in everyway, Get a good nights sleep guys…..Good luck and please finish strong.

15. By Rusty Draper on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

Wow Breaking news you don’t need a team to win the Super Bowl. All you need is an elite Quarterback. No defense, No special team , No running backs and best of all no receivers .That’s right all you need is an “elite QB and you got yourself a ring.

16. By Rusty Draper on Nov 27, 2013 | Reply

Currently I do not see the Packers in the Super Bowl. Then again I do not see the the Lions , Bears or Vikings playing in a Super Bowl this year. “BUT” if this team gets healthy well I feel their is a good chance to get in to the playoffs. After that any team can get hot and go all the way. So good luck Packers , get well and you never can tell.As for the other teams in the North Div. I see them as one and done.

17. By Rick S. on Nov 28, 2013 | Reply

Hey airheadpacker, it’s “Rodgers” and no, I read nothing you posted in all caps. Can it.

18. By Rick S. on Nov 28, 2013 | Reply

“I am very serious when I say that if We [we] loose [lose] the lions [Lions] will not win the divison [division] anyway.”

Wow, you figured that out all by yourself, Kevin?

19. By Rick S. on Nov 28, 2013 | Reply

Rusty, I wouldn’t have picked five of the last seven Super Bowl winners to get past the divisional round of the playoffs, so I quit looking at what I see at the end of November and deciding I can see what that means for January.

20. By David on Nov 28, 2013 | Reply

I agree, Rick S. Baltimore and the Giants winning the SB – nobody would have guessed (predicted) that in the month of November, but I sure like Seattle’s chances this year! I’ll probably be wrong again (and I hope so – can’t stand Carrol)