• Fri., Aug. 28, 2015 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM CDT LeRoy Butler appearance

M&M Annual Tailgate Fundraiser

• Sat., Aug. 29, 2015 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM CDT Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Gold Pkg) (Midwest Shrine Game) Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Gold Pkg) (Midwest Shrine Game)
  • Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 12:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Gilbert Brown Appearance

Gilbert Brown

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Sargento-Meijer's appearance

Oak Creek, WI
  • Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM CDT Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:30 - 5pm

Green Bay Packers Bishop’s Charities Game

Meet and Greet Autograph Table

Oneida Nation Gate, Lambeau Field

• Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game)

Ask Vic Halftime: Takeaways not enough to beat Lions

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on November 28, 2013 – 1:04 pm

ask-vic-half-cenex-600-REVISE

Gerald from Wausaukee, WI

What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I’m thankful for my family’s health, the opportunity to watch this wonderful football game and the fans that grace this column with their readership. I have a lot more for which to be thankful, but I can start with those three.

Joey from Rhinelander, WI

Vic, everyone has been criticizing our tackling as the problem with our defense lately. This game, the tackling seems fine, but the Lions are having huge holes to run through and wide open receivers. Is our defense this bad or are the Lions this good?

The Packers’ run defense has fallen on hard times. Everything on defense begins with stopping the run and the Packers aren’t doing it. The Lions are a pass-first team, but not in this game. What’s that tell you?

Bob from Dubuque, IA

Why does Green Bay give up the pass in the middle always?

It’s difficult to get any depth with your linebackers when you’re having to concentrate on stopping the run. If the Packers could stop the run, they could get a deeper drop with their inside linebackers.

Devon from Ortega, CA

When is Rodgers supposed to be back?

If I’m reading this week’s return to practice correctly, I think it’s fair to expect Aaron Rodgers to be back under center in the next game, against Atlanta.

Bill from Alexander, AR

So when do you think the Packers are going to fix the defense? How do they fix it?

Does that fumble return for a touchdown by Morgan Burnett fix anything? That’s what it’s going to take for this defense to be productive, I believe, because this is not a yardage defense. That’s becoming painfully obvious. Fixing this defense, in my opinion, is going to require another offseason of draft and develop.

Tony from Saint Paul, MN

Vic, what do the Packers need to do in the second half to win the game?

They need to gain yards, score points and control the clock on offense, because I don’t think they can depend on the Lions to continue turning the ball over and missing field goal attempts.

Beth from Anchorage, AK

How do you feel about the Packers defense this year?

I’m disappointed. I firmly believed this defense would be playing at a high level late in the season. If you can’t deny yards, then you better take the ball away. The Packers have done that, but not much else.

Andrew from Des Moines, IA

Do you like what you have seen so far?

I like the takeaways, but I’m not going to delude myself into believing the Packers can play this way and win. The Lions are moving the ball freely and the Packers are struggling to move the ball at all. That’s a bad combination. The big concern I have now is that the second half could become a sack fest by the Lions, if the Packers have to throw on every down.

Tags: , ,