• Sat., Apr. 11, 2015 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT Scott Tolzien appearance Big Event for Little Kids – Bellin Health
  • Tue., Apr. 14, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Menomonie)

The Green Bay Packers announced plans for the 10th anniversary ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,’ set for April 14-18. This year’s tour includes three stops in western Wisconsin, in addition to stops in southern and eastern Wisconsin, to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.

Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Andrew Quarless, Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward, and Packers alumni Gilbert Brown, Antonio Freeman and Bill Schroeder. The tour will also feature special alumni in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Tailgate Tour, Dave Robinson and Jerry Kramer.

• Wed., Apr. 15, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Prairie du Chien)

• Thu., Apr. 16, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Baraboo)

• Fri., Apr. 17, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Elkhorn)

• Sat., Apr. 18, 2015 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM CDT LeRoy Butler appearance

Mills Fleet Farm Spring Sports Show

Former Bears RB Bell loses Twitter followers upon joining Packers

Posted by Mike Spofford on December 4, 2013 – 4:06 pm

RB Kahlil Bell kept his sense of humor about it, but in case he ever wondered what the Packers-Bears rivalry means to the fans, he found out this week.

The Packers signed the former Bears running back to replace Johnathan Franklin on the roster after Franklin went on injured reserve. Out of football this season until now after four years mostly with the Bears, Bell excitedly announced the news he was coming to Green Bay on his Twitter account.

“I lost like 500 followers,” he said. “But honestly, it’s the NFC North. I’m very familiar with this division, with the teams in the division, and it’s kind of icing on the cake we get a chance to play Chicago, too (in Week 17).”

Packers fans will remember Bell for his 23-carry, 121-yard performance at Lambeau Field for Chicago on Christmas night 2011, a 35-21 Green Bay victory.

If he has an immediate role with the Packers, it’s most likely on special teams, which he has played plenty in the past. He also might be able to help the Packers as a kickoff returner, but he’s been given no defined jobs as of yet.

“I just got here. I’m just trying to learn the offense, learn the special teams roles and find my place,” he said. “I don’t really know what they’re going to ask of me.

“I always feel like I can make a difference no matter where I’m at. I’m just trying to fit in right now, get to know my teammates, get to know the organization, get in my playbook. Because if they call on me, I want to be able to step up.”

Tags: ,