• Sat., Mar. 07, 2015 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST Project Play 60

‘Project Play 60’, the Green Bay Packers’ event that is focused on getting kids out of the house to enjoy non-strenuous physical activity, is set for Saturday, March 7.

The free community event is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will take place in both the Lambeau Field Atrium and the Legends Club on the fourth floor. Parking will be free for guests participating in Project Play 60, and attendees may enter the Atrium through the Oneida Nation Gate, American Family Insurance Gate or Miller Lite Gate.

• Sat., Mar. 07, 2015 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM CST Johnnie Gray appearance NO MORE Violence Fundraiser
  • Mon., Mar. 23, 2015 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM CDT Sam Barrington appearance Sister Bay Lions Club Youth Night
  • Tue., Apr. 14, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Menomonie)

The Green Bay Packers announced plans for the 10th anniversary ‘Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,’ set for April 14-18. This year’s tour includes three stops in western Wisconsin, in addition to stops in southern and eastern Wisconsin, to visit with fans and thank them in person for their support.

Tour celebrities will include Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, players Andrew Quarless, Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward, and Packers alumni Gilbert Brown, Antonio Freeman and Bill Schroeder. The tour will also feature special alumni in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Tailgate Tour, Dave Robinson and Jerry Kramer.

• Wed., Apr. 15, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Prairie du Chien)

• Thu., Apr. 16, 2015 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT Tailgate Tour (Baraboo)

Aaron Rodgers will not play against Cowboys

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on December 13, 2013 – 12:50 pm

131213-rodgers600

GREEN BAY–Aaron Rodgers will not play in Dallas on Sunday.

“Aaron Rodgers is declared out for Sunday’s game. It’s been a difficult morning going through the conversation with Aaron and Dr. McKenzie. He’s very disappointed. He’s frustrated. He was not scanned this morning. He felt like he was ready to play. It’s in our best interests as a football team for Aaron not to play,” Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Friday.

“I’m definitely OK with it. (Aaron) feels he’s ready to play,” McCarthy said.

More from McCarthy:

“(Rodgers) feels based on what he’s accomplished physically, what he was able to do at practice on Wednesday and Thursday, he’s ready to go. Hey, it’s not the easiest thing to sit there and tell your franchise quarterback he can’t play in the game when he wants to play in the game. This is clearly a decision that’s made in the best interests of Aaron Rodgers.”

Matt Flynn, obviously, will start his third straight game on Sunday.

“I thought Matt had his best practice today of the two weeks of preparation,” McCarthy said. “I thought Matt was very sharp today, and he obviously took all the reps.”

Flynn said that Friday’s announcement didn’t change anythingfor him.

“My mindset has been all week that I’m going to start,” he said. “The physical work is in the bag now, so mentally, just going over the game plan, making sure I’m 100 percent on everything we want to accomplish.”

Even though Rodgers’ status was uncertain all week, the news didn’t shock the team or shake it’s confidence. Players were prepared for this to go either way.

“We know now, and we have to go win a game,” guard Josh Sitton said.

Other than Rodgers and DE C.J. Wilson (knee), who is also out, everyone else on the Packers’ injury report is probable. That includes RB Eddie Lacy (ankle) and inside LBs Brad Jones (ankle) and Jamari Lattimore (knee), who practiced for the first time this week on Friday.

“I felt like we got healthy as the week went on,” McCarthy said. As for the inside LB situation, which looked tenuous all week, McCarthy said, “We have different packages. We feel we’re prepared to do what we need to do.”

So is Lacy, who was glad he got back on the practice field on Friday.

“They let me run a couple plays to see if I was comfortable, and I felt good out there for the few plays I did,” Lacy said.

“I’m just trying to do what I can to get on the field. I don’t like to miss practice, I don’t want to miss practice, because I feel as though that gets me ready for the game, but that’s just what the situation called for this week.”

Based on Lacy’s limited practice work, it’s possible RB James Starks will play a larger role in the offense on Sunday, though McCarthy remains confident Lacy will be ready to go.

“I have no problem giving the ball to James 20 times if that’s the way it shakes out,” McCarthy said. “I like our running back situation right now.”

More packers.com coverage for Dec. 13