• Wed., Jul. 23, 2014 5:00 PM CDT Ask Vic Day

“Ask Vic Day” will include dinner and a movie, an “Ask Vic Live,” and a few other surprises along the way. The event will be held on July 23, 2014, at Lambeau Field. Registration will begin at 4 pm with a 5 pm kickoff. Door prizes will be awarded during the reception.

Cost per person is $35 (tax included).

• Wed., Jul. 23, 2014 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM CDT Aaron Adams appearance Aaron Adams will make an appearance at the Ohio Valley Regional Event in Pedersen Park in Marinette, WI on Wednesday, July 23, from 8-9:30 p.m.
  • Thu., Jul. 24, 2014 11:00 AM CDT Shareholders Meeting

The Green Bay Packers 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held Thursday, July 24, at 11 a.m., at Lambeau Field. The meeting will take place rain or shine.

• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 6:00 PM CDT Packers 1K Kids Run

Back to Football also includes the 1K Kids Run, presented by WPS Health Insurance. Kids 10 years old and younger will have the opportunity to run a Lambeau Lap on Friday, July 25, at 6 p.m. Registration for the Kids Run is $10 and all participants will receive a Packers 1K Run t-shirt, a logoed bag and a participant medal.

• Fri., Jul. 25, 2014 7:00 PM CDT Movie Night at Lambeau Field

Movie Night at Lambeau Field will return this year on Friday, July 25, following the 1K Kids Run. The event is free and open to the public, and concessions will be available throughout the movie. More details will be announced at a later date.

Time listed above is subject to change.

• Sat., Jul. 26, 2014 6:30 PM CDT Packers 5K Run/Walk

The fifth annual ‘5K Run/Walk at Lambeau Field,’ is set for Saturday, July 26, at 6:30 p.m.

The computer-timed run is highlighted by a neighborhood route that ultimately takes participants into Lambeau Field and around the famed gridiron. The event has a special finish line – the Packers’ ‘G’ painted on turf located in the parking lot.

All participants will receive a Packers 5K Run T-shirt, a logoed bag, and a bib number and timing chip. To celebrate the race’s fifth anniversary, all participants will receive a commemorative medal. In addition, photos will be taken on the course and will be available at no cost on the Packers 5K Run website.

Packers-themed awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each age group. An awards ceremony will take place following the conclusion of the race.

Registration, which is $25 for adults and $15 for children (12 and younger), will be available online beginning Friday, May 23, at www.packers.com/5k. Mail-in registration is also an option, with forms available online and in person at Lambeau Field. Runners can also register at the Bellin Run Expo on Friday, June 13, at Astor Park in Green Bay. Early registration is encouraged. After July 13, registration fees will increase to $30 and $20, respectively.

Wisconsin Favorites: Music choices

Posted by Mike Spofford on December 31, 2013 – 10:00 am

PackersBlog_TWI

QUESTION:

What kind of music do you like and where do you go to hear it in Wisconsin?

PLAYER ANSWERS:

James Starks:  My favorite kind of music is R&B and hip-hop. I’ve been to a couple pretty good concerts in Milwaukee.

A.J. Hawk:  I really like the Grand Theatre in Wausau. I saw Dennis Miller there and it was awesome.

Marshall Newhouse:  I really enjoy a hip-hop rap mix, as well as country and rock. I usually go to Milwaukee because they have the bigger artists.

Tramon Williams:  I don’t really go to too many concerts, but I did go to one in Milwaukee at Summerfest a couple years back. My favorite music has to be rap; it gets me psyched for games.

Morgan Burnett:  Definitely rap music for me. I saw Lil Wayne in Milwaukee a couple years ago.

John Kuhn:  I love the atmosphere of Summerfest. It doesn’t matter who is playing, it’s all great.

Here is more on music in Wisconsin, provided by Travel Wisconsin:

Summerfest is the World’s Largest Music Festival. For 11 days, Summerfest’s 900,000 guests enjoy more than 1,000 performances on 11 different stages. The music festival attracts the industry’s hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites to its permanent stage areas and 23,000-capacity Marcus Amphitheater. Summerfest is also home to diverse food and beverage vendors, offering a variety of local and ethnic fare, as well as unique marketplaces and interactive exhibits.

Like country music? The Hodag Country Music Festival hosts top country acts each year since 1978. Don’t miss the spirited battle of the bands featuring up-and-coming country bands from across the Midwest.

131224-wifave-600

PackersBlog_TWI_Bottom

4 Responses to “Wisconsin Favorites: Music choices”

1. By sudsman on Dec 31, 2013 | Reply

AJ: Dennis Miller? Really? He’s a comedian.

2. By kyannalashae on Dec 31, 2013 | Reply

I love my Packers!

3. By Doobalong on Dec 31, 2013 | Reply

I love lamp

4. By myk542000 on Jan 3, 2014 | Reply

Today is Friday….a blistering wind is blowing putting the wind chill pretty low. As an old man who watched the Ice Bowl, I highly recommend that Sunday’s game be pushed ahead to the next windless day. This weather is not humane to animals. Please do not force any of the football players to be exposed to extremely low temperatures! Isn’t someone keeping tabs on the deadly weather? Good luck to both teams in this weather! Go Pack!