• Mon., Jul. 28, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 8:20 AM - 10:20 AM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT Live McCarthy press conference Head Coach Mike McCarthy will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT Live Thompson press conference General Manager Ted Thompson will be available to media in the Lambeau Field Media Auditorium.
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 8:20 AM - 10:20 AM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.

Wisconsin Favorites: Camping, cabin or resort?

Posted by Mike Spofford on January 7, 2014 – 10:00 am

PackersBlog_TWI

QUESTION:

Camping, cabin or resort? Where do you go for each in Wisconsin?

PLAYER ANSWERS:

Tim Masthay:  I definitely prefer a cabin. I’ve stayed at a nice one up in the Minocqua area.

Ryan Pickett:  I prefer to go camping … you know like in a tent; but my wife prefers a resort so that’s what we usually do.

Bryan Bulaga:  I like the American Club down in Kohler. I always stay there when I’m in the area playing golf.

Josh Sitton: I like going to a cabin up north. I like the peace and quiet.

John Kuhn:  I definitely prefer the resort option. I love hitting the Dells, especially the Wilderness Lodge. They have a nice waterpark.

B.J. Raji:  I like going to the Wisconsin Dells area. There’s always so much going on there during the summer months.

Here is more on lodging in Wisconsin, provided by Travel Wisconsin:

Whether you’re in a tent, cabin or resort, any night spent in Wisconsin is a great night. If you prefer tent, choose from remote, middle-of-nature-sites or action-packed campgrounds with games, a pool, sports equipment, and more. Plus, did you know you can camp all year?

Most Wisconsin state parks keep a portion of their sites open for winter campers – some even have electrical hookups – and you can snowshoe into a wilderness area in the Nicolet and Chequamegon National Forests up in the Northwoods.

Not much for tents, but still like the outdoors? A calm night in a cabin in the Northwoods offers the fresh scent of pine, peace and tranquility. For the resort-type, spend the night at the American Club in Kohler or the Grand Geneva Spa & Resort, where you can enjoy amenities like massages and five-course meals. If you’re staying in Wisconsin, you will be nothing short of impressed.

131231-travel-600

PackersBlog_TWI_Bottom

12 Responses to “Wisconsin Favorites: Camping, cabin or resort?”

1. By Dweezel on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

I prefer a cabin – chosen at random, when the owners aren’t there.

2. By Jon on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

A cabin… anywhere up nort

3. By TokyoSandBlaster on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

Face it Packer fans. Your team is on the decline. The window has shut for the dynasty that never was. Your team was almost blacked out because no one wanted to go watch them lose again in the playoffs. The problem is this team is led by an arrogant coach and an arrogant QB. They think they can just walk in and win because they are fudePackers. Sorry Packers, NFL doesnt work that way. Have fun with a future of mediocraty!!!! BLOW PACK BLOW!!!!

4. By IHATETHEPACK!!! on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

Packers are done! They are tasteless and hapless just as their fans are.

5. By Paul Wendt on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

Man, the haters on the site are incredible, ha ha. I’m a fan and I follow the site and I saw this an hour or two after it was posted. I don’t know how the non-fans have enough time/energy to devote to hating the team.

Oh well, whatever floats your boat. As for me, I look forward to next year’s Packers :)

6. By filthymcnasty on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

We hate your team because they and their fans are so full of themselves it’s funny. Face it, your team is on the decline. 2010 was pure luck! A-ROG is about done. He cant stay healthy, your defense sucks, and Lacy is average at best. Packers go 8-8 in 2014. Bet on it!!!

7. By filthymcnasty on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

I recant my earlier, troglodyte statement. Packer fans are, in a word, winsome. The Packers are a team on the rise; 2010 was the start of a habit, not an outlier; Rodgers is bar-none, the best QB in the world; your injury-maligned defense is chock full of promising young players for next year; Lacy, a virtual shoo-in for rookie of the year, was rated one of the top-5 running backs in the league by PFF. The Packers will go 11-5 in 2014. Bet on it!! Again, I apologize for being an uniformed, trolling clown.

8. By Green Tide on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

I thought the blog was about camping, cabin or resort? If I am in WI give me a cabin with an excellent heater or air conditioner. Too old to be roughing it in a tent.

9. By Mike from Chicago on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

Sounds like a munch of moronic infiltrators on our site. I guess some people think they can make themselves feel better by trying to tear others down. Psyc 101! Or, as Forest Gump would say, “stupid is as stupid does”! Some idiots just never get it, there is no way for us to actually know they are idiots until they open their mouths!

Thanks for the great season Packers! Next year we stay healthy and improve our chances.

10. By Erin on Jan 7, 2014 | Reply

Peaceful,quiet and private that is why we like a cabin in the hurley area.OTTERDAWAY is our favorite place

11. By Gopackgo91 on Jan 8, 2014 | Reply

Sounds like a lot of angry Bears fans or Vikings fans, to bad but anyways Ill take the cottage in Hazelhurst over anything!!

12. By Andurn on Jan 8, 2014 | Reply

just before I looked at the receipt which said $8428, I did not believe that…my… mom in-law was like they say actually receiving money in there spare time at their laptop.. there aunts neighbour haz done this for only about six months and a short time ago repaid the debts on their appartment and purchased a great Chrysler. find more information,,,,,,,Rush64.COM