Eddie Lacy started strong in Pro Bowl debut

Posted by Mike Spofford on January 27, 2014 – 10:59 am

RB Eddie Lacy

RB Eddie Lacy

Packers RB Eddie Lacy had to wait until the second half to get into Sunday’s Pro Bowl in Hawaii, but he didn’t waste any time being productive once his number was called.

Lacy blasted his way for 8 yards on his first carry in the third quarter and had 17 yards on his first four rushes before a pair of negative-yardage carries hurt his numbers. He finished with seven carries for 14 yards, plus one reception for 9 yards that helped set up a TD for Team Sanders.

Lacy was the third of Team Sanders’ running backs to see action, following Kansas City’s Jamaal Charles and Washington’s Alfred Morris. Team Sanders lost to Team Rice, 22-21, on a late TD and 2-point conversion.

Prior to Sunday’s game, Lacy chatted with packers.com about his weeklong experience in Hawaii. Click here to read that.

Tags: ,

16 Responses to “Eddie Lacy started strong in Pro Bowl debut”

1. By SonOfDebbieDowner on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

The Packers are gonna draft some bust and do nothing in free agency and lose to the 49ers in the playoffs again. I just know it.

2. By Donel on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

Eddie is a real power house. I hope he had fun. There are some other Packer players I felt earned the right to be there. Sitten,Nelson and Bush for his special teams play.

3. By Ana on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

We aren’t playing those idiots this year… look at a schedule before you talk! Just like a 49ers fan. Egotistical and over zealous!

4. By Tony on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

Ana, notice how they said playoffs, not regular season. Anyways, I’m hoping the Pack plays the Free Agency good, and dominates the NFC and win another Super Bowl.

5. By Debbie Downer on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

Lacy’s team lost. I just knew it would.

6. By Karen Ruppel on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

I thing Lacy did a great job and he deserves to win

7. By Gary on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

When we are so arrogant that we can’t make changes or try new things, we are doomed to failure. Eddie Lacy is one bright spot in a dismal season.

8. By adrian strozier on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

Shouldn’t you be crying in a corner somewhere after losing to the Seahawks again lolz. 49er fans holding on to the past since 95 haha.

9. By KJ on Jan 27, 2014 | Reply

Forget the whiners!!!! Focus on the changes that MUST be made on the weakest units of this team….CHANGE or stay with the above average manure that cant win playoff games!!!! We will waste rodgers best years if we dont force change away from complacent and average……average or above average IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH wisconsin……nor does it win playoff games……

10. By Jason on Jan 28, 2014 | Reply

How many of Ted Thompson’s former draft picks have flourished and became great players? The success ratio does not lead any reasonable individual to believe the draft is going to fix the issues in need of attention.

11. By SonOfDebbieDowner on Jan 28, 2014 | Reply

I just saw the 2014 season Packers opponents on NFL.com again. We will lose a lot of games next year, I just know it.

12. By Debbie Downer on Jan 28, 2014 | Reply

Lacy got smacked around like a nine year old girl in the Pro Bowl. I just knew he would.

13. By stepsonofdebbiedowner on Jan 28, 2014 | Reply

its funny how people think that my stepmom and step brother are actually serious. I just knew it would be.

14. By Debbie Downer on Jan 29, 2014 | Reply

People are nitwits, stepson. I just knew they all would be.

15. By SonOfDebbieDowner on Jan 29, 2014 | Reply

I just know our parents aren’t going to stay together and it’s going to be all our fault stepbrother.

16. By Doug on Jan 30, 2014 | Reply

Why don,t you people talk about what matters for the team next year. Rodgers has good years to go so lets give him a defense to stop the other teams and put that high powered offense on the field. We need Capers to change the defense or go by by.