• Fri., Aug. 28, 2015 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM CDT LeRoy Butler appearance

M&M Annual Tailgate Fundraiser

• Sat., Aug. 29, 2015 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM CDT Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Gold Pkg) (Midwest Shrine Game) Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Gold Pkg) (Midwest Shrine Game)
  • Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 12:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Gilbert Brown Appearance

Gilbert Brown

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Sargento-Meijer's appearance

Oak Creek, WI
  • Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM CDT Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:30 - 5pm

Green Bay Packers Bishop’s Charities Game

Meet and Greet Autograph Table

Oneida Nation Gate, Lambeau Field

• Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game)

Tight end? Ebron catches, Gillmore blocks and Fiedorowicz does both

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on February 20, 2014 – 2:55 pm

Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz

Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz

INDIANAPOLIS–The tight end crop in this draft offers everything a team in need of a tight end could want. North Carolina’s Eric Ebron is the pass catcher, Colorado State’s Crockett Gillmore is the blocker and Iowa’s C.J. Fiedorowicz claims to be both.

“I think I proved I could be that blocker on the line but can also stretch the field (as a pass catcher). I think that separates me from the other tight ends,” Fiedorowicz said at the scouting combine on Thursday.

Fiedorowicz compared himself to the Patriots’ Rob Gronkowski, to whom Fiedorowicz bears body-type similarities. At 6-5, 265, Fiedorowicz is big and raw-boned looking.

“That’s what I’m shooting to be. I think I proved a little bit of that at the Senior Bowl,” he said.

He’s also “shooting for 4.65” in the 40 on Saturday. It’s a time that would shoot Fiedorowicz’s stock up.

Packers.com draft contributor Tony Pauline says Fiedorowicz is “hands down the best blocking tight end in the draft. He’s a tight end in an offensive tackle’s body. Solid hands and intermediate pass catcher but not effective more than 15 yards from the line of scrimmage.”

Gillmore?

“I’m a run blocker,” he said with a smile. “That’s what I’m good at and that’s what I want to do.”

Posted in Packers.com Blog