The National Football League announced Tuesday afternoon that NFL free agents can now negotiate with all 32 clubs.
Players are either “restricted” or “unrestricted” free agents.
The time period for free agency signings in 2014:
Restricted Free Agents – March 11 to May 2.
Unrestricted Free Agents – March 11 to July 22 (or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later).
Franchise Players – March 11 to November 11, the Tuesday following the 10th week of the regular season.
Transition Players – March 11 to July 22.
Here’s a breakdown of Packers free agents:
Restricted Free Agents who received qualifying offers from their prior clubs and are subject to the First Refusal/Compensation system of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement:
- LB Jamari Lattimore (Right of First Refusal)
Players with fewer than four accrued seasons who received no Qualifying Offer or minimum tender from their prior clubs:
- S M.D. Jennings (signed with Chicago Bears, March 12)
Unrestricted Free Agents with four or more accrued seasons:
- RB Kahlil Bell
– C/G Evan Dietrich-Smith (signed with Tampa Bay Buccaneers, March 14)
– TE Jermichael Finley
– QB Matt Flynn
– LB Robert Francois
– DT Johnny Jolly
– WR James Jones (signed with Oakland Raiders, March 17)
– FB John Kuhn (re-signed, April 3)
– DE/LB Mike Neal (re-signed, March 13)
– T Marshall Newhouse (signed with Cincinnati Bengals, March 21)
– DT Ryan Pickett
– TE Andrew Quarless (re-signed, March 13)
– DT B.J. Raji (re-signed, March 14)
– RB James Starks (re-signed, March 19)
– QB Seneca Wallace
– DE C.J. Wilson (signed with Oakland Raiders, March 28)
Click here to view the Packers roster
March 13: Packers re-sign LB/DE Neal and TE Quarless
March 14: Packers re-sign DT Raji
March 15: Packers sign DE Peppers
March 17: Packers sign DT Letroy Guion
March 19: Packers re-sign RB James Starks
April 3: Packers re-sign FB John Kuhn
Tags: free agency
Posted in Packers.com Blog