• Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT Packers at Seattle Seahawks Packers at Seattle Seahawks
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Jared Abbrederis appearance Packers WR Jared Abbrederis is scheduled to make an appearance at PBIS Sunrise School in Appleton, Wis., on Friday, September 5, from 2-3 p.m.
  • Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CDT Brandon Bostick appearance Brandon Bostick is scheduled to appear at Walmart (located at 2440 W. Mason Street, Green Bay) on Tuesday, September 9, from 5-7 p.m.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:25 AM - 3:25 PM CDT Coats for Kids collection Coats for Kids collection
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 3:25 PM - 6:30 PM CDT Packers vs. New York Jets Packers vs. New York Jets
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT Packers at Detroit Lions Packers at Detroit Lions

Packers DT Mike Daniels chats with fans: Read the transcript

Posted by Duke Bobber on June 12, 2014 – 6:58 pm

Packers DT Mike Daniels

One of the more colorful characters on the team, Packers defensive lineman Mike Daniels chatted live with fans on Thursday, answering questions that ranged from his wrestling days to video games and everything in between.

Daniels was drafted in the fourth round in 2012 out of Iowa and recorded two sacks, plus a fumble returned for a touchdown, as a rookie. He boosted his sack total to 6 1/2 last season, plus another in the playoffs against the 49ers.

You can read the transcript of the fan chat with Daniels here:

If you don’t see the chat transcript above, click here.

Tags: , ,

17 Responses to “Packers DT Mike Daniels chats with fans: Read the transcript”

1. By julez on Jun 12, 2014 | Reply

Mike, I’m from lawnside nj I’m close friends with your family I been a packers fan since I was six. I think your the best defense lineman we have. If everyone on the defense play with you n clay intensity we have a way better defense. Keep giving it 110 percent. I guess my question is are u related to the Johnson’s and Manely’s ?

2. By paul on Jun 12, 2014 | Reply

Thanks Mike You big Geranimal ;)

3. By julez on Jun 12, 2014 | Reply

If you like d-block than styles p must be your favorite rapper. What’s is your favorite s.p mixtape or album? And what rookie or second year player do you think is going to have the biggest impact this season.

4. By axespray on Jun 13, 2014 | Reply

cool dude.

5. By bud on Jun 13, 2014 | Reply

“The Atlanta game, so you can have bragging rights.”

Nice one, Mike. I think a second career in politics is a possibility for you.

6. By bud on Jun 13, 2014 | Reply

“If I had to play against myself, that would suck.”

Mike, you are an awesome interview!

7. By Brandon on Jun 13, 2014 | Reply

I love the image of Mike stepping out of his chartreuse VW beetle on gameday. Pure intimidation. He’s a funny guy and a good interview, I hope he does more of these.

8. By PF on Jun 13, 2014 | Reply

I was not expecting him to be like that. Wish we could actually get some serious answers from someone on this site. I’m pretty sure that was Vic in disguise.

9. By Oregon Packfan on Jun 14, 2014 | Reply

Thanks for the chat Mike, love both the intensity and hilarious sarcasm in your answers. Can’t wait to watch you destroy some fools on the field this year.

PS. Let Lyerla know we still love him out here in EUG. I know he’s tougher than captain Kirk but you and the rest of the D still need to kick him in the a$$ every chance you get. If you guys can pi$$ him off regularly he’s bound to become even more of a beast!

10. By Packer Pete on Jun 14, 2014 | Reply

one of the best Packer interviews Ive ever read, this guy is as funny as they come…love his high-rev motor and knew from Day 1 he was going to blossom, just a try hard guy that doesnt know the word “quit”…would love to see the comment section go to Disqus format, we could have a blast talking about Diesel…

11. By MeanGreen on Jun 14, 2014 | Reply

The only move I expect from the Green bay Packer defense this year are as follows 3 simple words( CRUSH-KILL-DESTROY) All the way to Super Bowl #50

12. By A°TT0RN£¥ of ©H°Rl$T on Jun 14, 2014 | Reply

Back before the Virgnia Commonwealtb Act of NAMA 1982,The golden boy of Nazareth arrived “Upon wings of the golden chariot.” -Acts of the Apostles 46:13 This was before the ANCIENT REPTILLIAN race enslaved all of Gia. Now the abductions have begun, so time too, will once again come to an end. The dark half of the cycle has begun, get ready, for we are “the children.”

13. By jason boczko on Jun 17, 2014 | Reply

Mike defense is your game. Looking forward to watching you and the rest of your brothers play some smashmouth GB-Packer football….can,t wait!

14. By AIRPACKER12 on Jun 22, 2014 | Reply

QUESTION MIKE ; WHY DOES GREENBAY RUN THE 34 DEF. LESS THAN 25 % OF THE THE TIME OVER THE LAST 3 YRS? MY EXP. PLAYING COLLEGE FB AT GUARD WAS NO WAY 2 DOWNLINEMEN IN FOOTBALL COULD DEFEAT FIVE OL . WALK YOUR LBS UP TO BLITZ AND OUR QB WOULD AUDIBLE QUICK HITTERS OVER THE MIDDLE OR FLATS BY THE GAPS CREATED BY THEM .

15. By AIRPACKER12 on Jun 22, 2014 | Reply

BESIDES THAT A TWO TECH, DOSENT HAVE THE SAME EXPOLISON AS A 3 TECH. GIVING THOSE 2 DL AND WHICH EVER LB YOU BLITZ EVEN LESS CHANCE TO COLLOPSE THE POCKET. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE TRADITIONAL 34 RAN MORE LIKE OUR SUPERBOWL YEAR , AND THE PLAY BOOK SIMPLIFED NOT EXPANDED ;WE HAD WAY TO MENY PLAYERS THINKING OUT THERE NOT REACTING…….. PS THAT ALSO CAUSES INJURIES AS YOU WELL KNOW .

16. By AIRPACKER12 on Jun 22, 2014 | Reply

I DO THINK THE D WILL BE BETER THIS YEAR REGARDLESS OF THE OVERLOADED PLAY BOOK.. I JUST DONT THINK IT WILL BE TOP TEN OR AS GOOD AS IT COULD OF BEEN……

17. By Troy Otradovec on Jun 25, 2014 | Reply

People have been asking whether or not we have done enough on defense to compete with the Seattle Seahawks. My answer is Yes, but there are two things that will be important next year to win. The first is staying healthy; which sometimes players do not have any control over that. Secondly; airpacker12 said it best we just need to react and think. We had a top 10 run defense through the first 5 games last year then the injury bug hit. What I noticed were guys not containing their gap responsibility or playing out of position. I talked about this on a Packers Podcast on http://theredlightsportsnetowrk last night.