• Tue., Sep. 01, 2015 12:15 PM - 2:15 PM CDT *Public practice *Any practices moved inside to the Don Hutson Center due to inclement weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations. All other practices listed are expected to be open unless listed otherwise. All outdoor practices are expected to be held on Ray Nitschke Field (across from the Resch Center). All times indicated are Central.
  • Wed., Sep. 02, 2015 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CDT Gilbert Brown Appearance

Gilbert Brown

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Sargento-Meijer's appearance

Oak Creek, WI
  • Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM CDT Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Gerry Ellis and Tony Fisher appearance

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:30 - 5pm

Green Bay Packers Bishop’s Charities Game

Meet and Greet Autograph Table

Oneida Nation Gate, Lambeau Field

• Thu., Sep. 03, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CDT Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game) Packers vs. New Orleans Saints (Bishop's Charities Game)
  • Wed., Sep. 09, 2015 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM CDT Bill Schroeder appearance at NWTC

Bill Schroeder appearance at NWTC

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

11:30 am- 12:30 pm

NWTC Green Bay Campus- Welcome Center SC240

Packers GM Ted Thompson signs multi-year contract

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on July 30, 2014 – 12:50 pm

Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson and Head Coach Mike McCarthyGREEN BAY—Ted Thompson, the architect of the Packers’ current five-year playoff run, will remain the team’s executive vice president and general manager for the long-term future.

Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy, who recently said signing Thompson to a new contract was a priority, announced on Wednesday that Thompson has signed a new, multi-year contract with the team.

“I’m pleased that we were able to enter into this contract extension with Ted,” Murphy said. “His outstanding work has been the key factor in the success that we’ve enjoyed in recent years. I have tremendous respect for Ted, and am confident that we will continue to contend for championships under his leadership.”

Thompson is beginning his 10th season as the team’s football operations boss. Under his and Head Coach Mike McCarthy’s leadership, the Packers won a Super Bowl in the 2010 season and are currently on a three-year run as NFC North Division champions.

“Mark Murphy and I have had ongoing conversations. I felt very appreciated by the organization and honored to work with such fine people. The more you think about it the more you wonder how nuts are you to walk away from something like this? After you put all of the chips on the table, there’s very little choice,” Thompson told reporters during his 1 p.m. press conference on Wednesday.

“I was asked that question a lot, how long are you going to go? I think I’ll just let it play itself out. It seems to me a lot of people can be very productive late in life. I feel pretty energized to keep going,” he said. “I feel great. This place means a lot to me.”

Was his decision influenced by the Packers’ current run of success?

“I think we have a chance to be a pretty good team if we play well, but the answer is no,” Thompson said.

Extending Head Coach Mike McCarthy’s contract?

“It’s a big priority. It’s always been the way it’s been done here; the general manager gets done (first),” Thompson said.