PACKERS FALL TO LIONS AT LAMBEAU FIELD
– The Packers lost to the Detroit Lions, 18-16, on Sunday afternoon at Lambeau Field, a defeat that snapped Green Bay’s six-game winning streak in NFC North games and 12-game regular-season winning streak at Lambeau Field. The Packers are now 6-3 on the season.
– Green Bay posted its sixth zero-turnover game of the season. That is tied for No. 3 in franchise history (since 1933), matching the mark posted in 2004 and trailing only the totals in 2009 (eight) and 2014 (seven).
– The Packers will travel to Minnesota next Sunday to take on the Vikings at TCF Bank Stadium at 3:25 p.m. CST, the second in a stretch of four consecutive NFC North games for Green Bay.
OTHER POSTGAME NOTES:
– Today’s paid attendance was 78,526, a regular-season home record for the Packers (previous high: 78,434 vs. San Diego, Oct. 18, 2015). It was the 314th consecutive regular-season sellout at Lambeau Field.
– QB Aaron Rodgers tied a single-game franchise record with 61 passing attempts on Sunday afternoon, matching the mark set by Brett Favre vs. San Francisco on Oct. 14, 1996.
– Rodgers’ 35 completions were a single-game career high, topping his previous best of 34 (at Chicago in 2010, vs. Washington in 2013). It is tied for the second most in a game in team annals behind only Favre’s 36 completions at Chicago on Dec. 5, 1993.
– Rodgers threw for 333 yards, giving him back-to-back 300-yard games for the first time since Weeks 13-14 last season.
– Rodgers did not throw an interception on Sunday, giving him 20 zero-INT games in his last 25 regular-season contests.
– WR Davante Adams caught a career-high 10 passes for 79 yards, eclipsing his previous best of seven receptions (at New Orleans in 2014, at Carolina in 2015).
– WR Jared Abbrederis caught a 15-yard pass from Rodgers in the second quarter, the first reception of his NFL career. Abbrederis finished with four receptions for 57 yards (14.3 avg.).
– TE Justin Perillo registered a career-high five catches for a career-best 58 yards (11.6 avg.), including the first TD grab of his career, an 11-yard catch with 32 seconds remaining in the game.
– TE Richard Rodgers caught a 4-yard TD pass in the fourth quarter, giving him a TD grab in back-to-back games for the second time in his career (Weeks 12-13 last season). He has three TD catches in the last two games.
– Rodgers now has seven TD catches in his career, the second most by a Green Bay TE in his first two seasons since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger behind only Bubba Franks (10, 2000-01).
– RB James Starks matched his career high with six receptions for 54 yards (9.0 avg.), tying his total vs. Tampa Bay in 2011 and at Carolina this season in Week 9,
– S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix posted his second INT of the season when he picked off Lions QB Matthew Stafford late in the third quarter.
– CB Damarious Randall became the first Packer to recover a Green Bay onside kick attempt since LB Jamari Lattimore did so vs. Chicago on Nov. 4, 2013.
Tags: #DETvsGB, detroit lions, lions, postgame notes
Posted in Packers.com Blog