As per team tradition, the Packers select game captains each week. Today’s captains will be WR Davante Adams (offense), LB Jake Ryan (defense) and LB Jayrone Elliott (special teams).
Tags: #INDvsGB, 161106post, 161106pre, captains, colts, davante adams, indianapolis colts, jake ryan, jayrone elliott
Posted in Packers.com Blog
– If you’re looking for a Packers bar airing the game, try the search feature on Packers Everywhere.
– CBS will broadcast the game to a regional audience with play-by-play man Jim Nantz and analyst Phil Simms handling the call from the broadcast booth and Tracy Wolfson reporting from the sidelines.
– Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in five states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) call the action.
– Westwood One Sports will air the game on radio across the country. Tom McCarthy (play-by-play) and Ross Tucker (analyst) will call the action, with Scott Graham hosting the pregame and halftime shows.
– The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed).
– DIRECTV subscribers can watch the game on Channel 713.
– NFL Game Pass gives fans access to full replays of every NFL game on demand, in high definition.
TV map is courtesy of 506sports.com. View the full image.
Tags: #INDvsGB, 161106pre, colts, how to watch, indianapolis colts, tv map, where to watch
Posted in Packers.com Blog
As per team tradition, the Packers select game captains each week. Tonight’s captains will be WR Randall Cobb (offense), S Morgan Burnett (defense) and K Mason Crosby (special teams).
Tags: #GBvsIND, 160807pre, captains, colts, indianapolis colts, mason crosby, morgan burnett, randall cobb
Posted in Packers.com Blog
– They Green Bay Packers’ 2016 season officially kicks off tonight when they take on the Indianapolis Colts in the NFL/Hall of Fame Game.
– The Packers and Colts close out the 2016 Enshrinement Weekend one day after Green Bay legend Brett Favre was formally enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame along with Edward DeBartolo Jr., Tony Dungy, Kevin Greene, Marvin Harrison, Orlando Pace, Ken Stabler and Dick Stanfel.
– The Packers are making their fifth appearance in the Hall of Fame game and first since 2003. Green Bay holds a 1-2-1 record in the game:
1969 vs. Atlanta Falcons W, 38-24
1980 vs. San Diego Chargers T, 0-0*
1993 vs. Los Angeles Raiders L, 3-19
2003 vs. Kansas City Chiefs L, 0-9*
*Games ended early due to lightning and heavy rain
– The Packers and Colts meet during the preseason for the 10th time, with Indianapolis leading the series 5-4.
– The last time the two teams met during the preseason came in 2011, when Green Bay traveled to Indianapolis for the third preseason game and came away with a 24-21 victory. That came a year after the Packers beat the Colts in Green Bay, 59-24, also in the third game of the preseason.
– It is the fifth time in the last six years that the Packers have kicked off their preseason slate away from Lambeau Field.
– The Packers will return to Green Bay for their second preseason game, facing the Cleveland Browns in the Midwest Shrine Game on Friday, Aug. 12, at 7 p.m. It will be the first time the Packers and Browns have played during the preseason since they met each year from 2009-12.
FAVRE TAKES HIS PLACE AMONG THE GREATS
– Brett Favre played 16 of his 20 seasons in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers and led the resurgence of the franchise, culminating in a Super Bowl XXXI victory. He is the 24th member of the Packers to be elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
– Favre was originally drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the second round of the 1991 NFL Draft, but was traded to Green Bay following his rookie season.
– He played for Green Bay from 1992-2007 and finished his Packers career with 442 passing touchdowns, 61,655 passing yards, 5,377 completions and 8,754 attempts – all franchise records.
– He started 253 consecutive games for the Packers, and his 16 seasons matched QB Bart Starr (1956-71) for the longest tenure in team history.
– Favre led the Packers to 11 playoff appearances, seven division titles, two NFC championships and one Super Bowl title.
– At the time of his retirement following the 2010 season, he was the NFL’s all-time leader in passing yards (71,838), attempts (10,169), completions (6,300) and touchdowns (508).
– He recorded 3,000-plus yards passing in all but his first and last season while eclipsing 4,000 yards in a season six times.
– Favre was named NFL MVP three times (1995-97) and registered four-plus touchdown passes in 23 games.
– He led the league in touchdown passes four times, including three straight seasons (1995-97).
ST. NORBERT AND THE PACKERS
– Continuing a tradition started under Packers coach Scooter McLean in 1958, the Green Bay Packers are calling St. Norbert College home for a 59th consecutive training camp. The relationship between the private college in De Pere, Wis., and the Green Bay Packers marks the longest continual use of any training-camp facility by an NFL team.
– Players take up residence in Victor McCormick Hall, a 60-room coed dormitory used to house 225 students during the academic year.
– St. Norbert, founded in 1898 by Abbot Bernard Pennings, borders the Fox River and enrolls around 2,000 students.
– The Packers use their own practice and team-meeting facilities at Lambeau Field during training camp, with the college serving as housing headquarters.
– Players return to St. Norbert via cars and vans every evening.
– The 6.62-mile commute is estimated at 11 minutes each way.
SAVE THE DATE
Important dates to remember (all times CDT):
– Friday, Aug. 12 – Preseason game vs. Cleveland Browns, 7 p.m., Lambeau Field (Midwest Shrine Game)
– Thursday, Aug. 18 – Preseason game vs. Oakland Raiders, 7 p.m., Lambeau Field (Bishop’s Charities Game)
– Friday, Aug. 26 – Preseason game at San Francisco 49ers, 9 p.m., Levi’s Stadium
– Tuesday, Aug. 30 – Final practice open to public, 11:45 a.m., Nitschke Field
– Tuesday, Aug. 30 – Roster reduction to a maximum of 75 players by 3 p.m.
– Thursday, Sept. 1 – Preseason game at Kansas City Chiefs, 7 p.m., Arrowhead Stadium
– Saturday, Sept. 3 – Roster reduction to a maximum of 53 players by 3 p.m
Colts QB Scott Tolzien played for the Packers from 2013-15 and at the University of Wisconsin from 2007-10, winning the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award in 2010…Indianapolis S Dezmen Southward never missed a game in his collegiate career at Wisconsin (2010-13)…While with the Badgers, Tolzien (2010) and Southward (2010-13) were teammates of Green Bay WR Jared Abbrederis…Packers P Tim Masthay orginally signed with the Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2009…Colts assistant head coach/offensive line coach Joe Philbin was a coach with the Packers from 2003-11, including five years as offensive coordinator (2007-11)…Green Bay defensive front assistant Jerry Montgomery coached under Philbin at Iowa in 2002…Packers T Jason Spriggs went to school at Indiana from 2012-15 and was raised in Elkhart, Ind. …Green Bay DT Brian Price grew up in Lafayette, Ind. …Colts OLB Erik Walden played in 40 games with 26 starts for Green Bay from 2010-12…Colts CB Tay Glover-Wright (2014-15) and T Jeremy Vujnovich (2014-16) both spent time with the Packers…Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was the offensive coordinator in San Francisco during Indianapolis RB Frank Gore’s rookie season (2005)…McCarthy also coached with Colts defensive line coach Gary Emanuel and tight ends coach Jim Hostler in 2005 with the 49ers…Hostler was colleagues in New Orleans with McCarthy (2001-02), Packers associate head coach/linebackers Winston Moss (2001-02) and special teams coordinator Ron Zook (2001)…Green Bay associate head coach/offense Tom Clements coached in Kansas City with Hostler in 2000…Colts quarterbacks coach Brian Schottenheimer played for Zook at Florida in 1995 and coached with McCarthy while with the Chiefs in 1998 and Packers defensive line coach Mike Trgovac during the 2001 season in Washington…Colts CB Vontae Davis was named Freshman All-America in the first of his three seasons (2006-08) at Illinois when Zook was head coach…Zook also coached Indianapolis RB Josh Ferguson (2011) and G Hugh Thornton (2009-11) as the head man with the Fighting Illini…Colts assistant offensive line coach Joe Gilbert was on Zook’s staff at Illinois from 2009-11 and coached Green Bay G Josh Sitton at Central Florida for three seasons (2004-06)…Gilbert was Maine’s offensive coordinator when Packers running backs coach Ben Sirmans held the same position from 1996-99…Packers WR Randall Cobb and P Tim Masthay played with Indianapolis S Winston Guy (2008-10) and DT Ricky Lumpkin (2008) at Kentucky…Green Bay LB Lerenteé McCray was teammates at Florida with Colts C Jonotthan Harrison, OLB Earl Okine and ILB Antonio Morrison…Indianapolis ILB Nate Irving (2014) played with McCray in Denver…Green Bay RB Eddie Lacy (2012) and S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (2012-13) played at Alabama with Colts C Ryan Kelly…Packers WR Ty Montgomery and Colts QB Andrew Luck played the 2011 season together at Stanford en route to a Fiesta Bowl appearance…Montgomery also played with Indianapolis DT David Parry (2011-14) at Stanford…From 2012-14 at Stanford, Parry was also teammates with Packers LB Blake Martinez and T Kyle Murphy…Green Bay DT Letroy Guion and Colts CB Patrick Robinson were Florida State teammates from 2006-07…Green Bay T David Bakhtiari played at Colorado in 2010 with Indianapolis CB Jalil Brown…Green Bay TE Jared Cook and Colts DE Kendall Langford were Rams teammates for two seasons (2013-14)…Packers LB Clay Matthews and Indianapolis T Kevin Graf are both from Agoura Hills, Calif., and alums of Agoura High School…Packers LB Julius Peppers was at North Carolina in 1999 when Indianapolis assistant strength & conditioning coach Richard Howell was a graduate assistant for the Tar Heels.
WEARING THE STRIPES
Tonight’s officiating crew includes referee Ed Hochuli (85), umpire Clay Martin (19), head linesman Greg Bradley (98), line judge Rusty Baynes (59), field judge Dale Shaw (104), side judge Alex Kemp (55) and back judge Scott Helverson (93).
Tags: #GBvsIND, 160807pre, colts, indianapolis colts, pbn, press box notes
Posted in Packers.com Blog
The Indianapolis Colts announced the signing of former Packers QB Scott Tolzien on Friday.
Originally signed to Green Bay’s practice squad in 2013, Tolzien appeared in six regular-season games for the Packers from 2013-15, including two starts in 2013. Tolzien completed 55 of 90 passes (61.1 percent) for 721 yards and a TD with five INTs.
Tolzien’s departure leaves the Packers with three QBs on the roster: Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley and Ryan Williams.
For the Packers’ updated roster, click here.
Tags: colts, indianapolis colts, scott tolzien
Posted in Packers.com Blog