Here are some notes and quotes from Tuesday interviews:
- “He’s a great motivator. I honestly believe that if it was a good practice, he wouldn’t tell us that. I think it was a great move to say that, so we don’t get comfortable. I think we needed that,” nose tackle B.J. Raji said of Head Coach Mike McCarthy’s criticism of the offense’s performance in Monday night’s practice.
- Will the Packers sign a placekicker for Saturday’s preseason opener, as Mason Crosby continues to favor an ankle sprain? “We might. We’ll see how it goes over the next couple of day,” GM Ted Thompson said.
- Star tight end Jermichael Finley’s comments to the media have been known to push the boundaries of cautioun, but Thompson said Finley has yet to cross the line. “I don’t mind that. I don’t see where J-Michael has crossed the line. He has competitive spirit and that’s what drives him.”
- What was it like for Finley to miss most of last season with a knee injury, while his teammates were heading toward the Super Bowl? “I was mad but, at the same time, we won the Super Bowl. My No. 1 goal is to get a repeat. We’ve got the same chemistry this year. It’s deja vu. I can see it again,” he said.
- The Packers’ first official depth chart has been released and Frank Zombo is listed as No. 2 to Erik Walden at right outside linebacker. “I know I’m going to be on film. You never want to put something on there that’s going to look bad,” Zombo said when asked about the importance of practice and preseason games for him.
Posted in Vic Ketchman Blog