– The Packers will kick off a stretch of two NFC North games in five days when they host the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field today.
– Green Bay will be looking to snap a three-game losing streak when it faces Minnesota. The Packers are currently third in the NFC North at 5-5, a game behind the Detroit Lions and the Chicago Bears, who are both 6-4.
– This will be the third home game for Green Bay in the last four weeks. The Packers will travel to Detroit for a Thanksgiving contest in Week 13, the fourth meeting between the clubs on Thanksgiving over the last seven seasons (2007, 2009, 2011). Green Bay has won the game leading into its Thanksgiving contest each of the last four times it has played on the holiday (2003, 2007, 2009, 2011).
– Through 106 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 56-49-1 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series.
– Fans can bet on a back-and-forth contest when the border rivals meet. In fact, 16 of the last 22 regular-season meetings between the clubs have been decided by seven points or less.
– Including Green Bay’s win against Minnesota in last year’s playoffs, the Packers have won seven of the last eight games between the teams. Green Bay has won four straight against the Vikings at Lambeau Field.
– The Packers have scored 30-plus points in five of their last six regular-season games against Minnesota, averaging 35.0 points per game over that span. That included a 44-point outing at Minnesota earlier this season in Week 8, the most points ever scored by Green Bay at the Metrodome, and a 45-point effort at Lambeau Field in 2011.
– Since Head Coach Mike McCarthy took over in 2006, the Packers have swept the season series with Minnesota in four out of seven years (2006-2007, 2010-2011). Green Bay has an 11-4 record (.733) against the Vikings in the regular season under McCarthy.
– Over the last 19 seasons (1994-2012), the Packers (nine) and the Vikings (five) have accounted for 14 NFC Central/North championships.
– Green Bay enters today’s game having won 14 of its last 16 regular-season games against NFC North foes. The Packers’ .875 winning percentage in divisional contests over that span ranks No. 2 in the NFL behind only New England (.882, 15-2).
– The Packers have won 10 of their last 11 and 17 of their last 19 regular-season games at Lambeau Field against NFC North opponents.
– Since 2006, Green Bay has a 34-11 (.756) regular-season record in NFC North contests (No. 2 in the NFL) and a 19-4 mark (.826) at home (No. 2).
– The Packers have won 10 of their last 12 regular-season games at home and 23 of their last 26 at Lambeau Field.
WEARING THE STRIPES
– Today’s officiating crew includes referee Bill Vinovich (52), umpire Paul King (121), head linesman Jim Mello (48), line judge Julian Mapp (10), field judge Steve Zimmer (33), side judge Jimmy DeBell (58) and back judge Jim Quirk (63).
Tags: #MINvsGB, minnesota vikings, press box notes
Posted in Packers.com Blog